Toshiba U79 and U80 Owners Discussion And Review !!

I upgraded, It took few minutes to download and install. I don't notice much difference though
I also got the update , just saw that now and wanted to check it again here. I don't know what they mean by "bug fixes"... And that's all for the changelog part there is no addition of hotstar whatsoever.

@lightgamer do you still own the tv ?? Have you received this so called software update ??

I also got the update , just saw that now and wanted to check it again here. I don't know what they mean by "bug fixes"... And that's all for the changelog part there is no addition of hotstar whatsoever.

@lightgamer do you still own the tv ?? Have you received this so called software update ??
Sorry I didn’t have the tv for a while as it was with my family and I am away in Bengaluru.

Checked the tv again today as I’m visiting home. The firmware version is N0609 so not sure if it’s the latest. Definitely no new updates beyond this.

The tv still looks fairly good.

Fyi only. I see the same update.

Anyone using it with Xbox series X? I don't see my xbox detecting hdr10 support on this tv? Can anyone share best settings for gaming on xbox?

Tbh I didn't fiddle much with it, as I only get enough time to either play or change cable+settings here and there lol

I have used this TV for more than 3 years, primarily for gaming (ps5/SX). Can't really complain but started feeling it's age, especially in the OS department.

What would be a good upgrade now in the similar price range (Around 50k). Can't really budget for a LG OLED etc. I see a lot of TV's with 120hz in that price bracket.

I have used this TV for more than 3 years, primarily for gaming (ps5/SX). Can't really complain but started feeling it's age, especially in the OS department.

What would be a good upgrade now in the similar price range (Around 50k). Can't really budget for a LG OLED etc. I see a lot of TV's with 120hz in that price bracket.
If you want an OS upgrade, just get the firestick 4k max or an Apple TV.

The OS was outdated even when the tv was new. I always used firestick.

If you want an OS upgrade, just get the firestick 4k max or an Apple TV.

The OS was outdated even when the tv was new. I always used firestick.
I am using a firestick.

Would you say it's better to hold off for another year or two than going for something like U7K

Hello Guys, need help. My 65 inch u79 tv gone black screen suddenly and audio was still going on. Screen is not completely off... Grey screen like when there is no input kind. Even the toshiba logo is not coming when I swith on. TV was just switched On for 5 minutes so not really because of heat. No other issues prior also (for almost 3 years now). Anyone has manual, looking if some reset would help.

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back