Toshiba U79 and U80 Owners Discussion And Review !!

I put an enquiry a couple days ago. No reply yet.

Will call or go to their service centre tomorrow
Dents the faith in Hisense Toshiba in India for sure such service levels. The website still has U8080 coming soon and Hisense keeps launching Speaker focused TVs as well instead of delivering winners like U8G/7G. Claims of service are dented when you dont even get a callback for a 3 year warranty claiming brand. Safe to say the brand is going TCL way or worst with dumping mindset and shabby service levels. Hope you find a solution soon, maybe try searching compatible remotes with the US version of this TV although importing may cost a bomb or else try getting the remote checked with local fiddlers who can try fixing.

Dents the faith in Hisense Toshiba in India for sure such service levels. The website still has U8080 coming soon and Hisense keeps launching Speaker focused TVs as well instead of delivering winners like U8G/7G. Claims of service are dented when you dont even get a callback for a 3 year warranty claiming brand. Safe to say the brand is going TCL way or worst with dumping mindset and shabby service levels. Hope you find a solution soon, maybe try searching compatible remotes with the US version of this TV although importing may cost a bomb or else try getting the remote checked with local fiddlers who can try fixing.
Actually the remote is fine. I just have a bunch of bad AAA cells which were all partially dead. The cells had charge to turn on the blue light for voice search so I thought they were fine, but I think the voltage had degraded below par for remote to work properly. Also the replacement cells I tried were busted, which led to the above conclusion.

The Bluetooth on the remote is always on(poor engineering perhaps) and it chews through the cells in a couple months which is a bit surprising. I'll get rechargable cells now as this will be very wasteful to change cells so frequently.

I have zero faith in Toshiba to do anything if this TV goes bad. Fortunately me and my family in a financial position that even if this TV goes bad tomorrow wasted ~40k doesn't even pinch. Else I wouldn't have bought this.

Also I wouldn't pay more than 40-50k for any Toshiba TV even if they launch the U80, as their service network is non existent and the TV will basically be a throwaway if it goes bad, unless you get it locally serviced (which for FALD won't be easy).

Actually the remote is fine. I just have a bunch of bad AAA cells which were all partially dead. The cells had charge to turn on the blue light for voice search so I thought they were fine, but I think the voltage had degraded below par for remote to work properly. Also the replacement cells I tried were busted, which led to the above conclusion.

The Bluetooth on the remote is always on(poor engineering perhaps) and it chews through the cells in a couple months which is a bit surprising. I'll get rechargable cells now as this will be very wasteful to change cells so frequently.

I have zero faith in Toshiba to do anything if this TV goes bad. Fortunately me and my family in a financial position that even if this TV goes bad tomorrow wasted ~40k doesn't even pinch. Else I wouldn't have bought this.

Also I wouldn't pay more than 40-50k for any Toshiba TV even if they launch the U80, as their service network is non existent and the TV will basically be a throwaway if it goes bad, unless you get it locally serviced (which for FALD won't be easy).
Bought it from local reliance digital store with 3 year warranty. They had at the time of purchase informed me to contact them for any thing. And they will take it forward with Toshiba. So it was a safe purchase if purchased through rd instead of Amazon or Flipkart. I have a point of contact in case anything goes wrong.

Bought it from local reliance digital store with 3 year warranty. They had at the time of purchase informed me to contact them for any thing. And they will take it forward with Toshiba. So it was a safe purchase if purchased through rd instead of Amazon or Flipkart. I have a point of contact in case anything goes wrong.
Yes, that's probably a better choice for a TV from an unknown brand. Unfortunately, I live in Mumbai and going out to buy things in an A/C showroom is basically playing with life. Also I got the TV for roughly 39k instead of the usual 48k because my credit card has a pretty epic reward rate on Amazon.

Yes, that's probably a better choice for a TV from an unknown brand. Unfortunately, I live in Mumbai and going out to buy things in an A/C showroom is basically playing with life. Also I got the TV for roughly 39k instead of the usual 48k because my credit card has a pretty epic reward rate on Amazon.
Which magical card is this one bro? Long time. :D

Which magical card is this one bro? Long time. :D
It's diners club black card. Has 16.67% reward rate on anything from Amazon. Also this is an HDFC card so all HDFC discounts stack on top.

There are also double ones going around once every month or so. There was one going for Prime day, so the effective discount was 10% + 33% for yesterday for me (the points are limited to ~8.5k per month but it's still good).

It's diners club black card. Has 16.67% reward rate on anything from Amazon. Also this is an HDFC card so all HDFC discounts stack on top.

There are also double ones going around once every month or so. There was one going for Prime day, so the effective discount was 10% + 33% for yesterday for me (the points are limited to ~8.5k per month but it's still good).
Nice. Will note this for a TO DO.
PS: I thought you'd have got the OLED by now.

Nice. Will note this for a TO DO.
PS: I thought you'd have got the OLED by now.
I won't buy the C1 OLED until it drops below the price I want, i.e. 55" around 1 lakh and 65" around 1.5-1.6.

It's about the value I'm getting. And unless prices drop to where I want them, I won't bite even if it takes 1-2 more years.

I won't buy the C1 OLED until it drops below the price I want, i.e. 55" around 1 lakh and 65" around 1.5-1.6.

It's about the value I'm getting. And unless prices drop to where I want them, I won't bite even if it takes 1-2 more years.
Bhaisaab, seems you and I following your footsteps, will end up never buying these tv's chasing value. Sellers this year from TV to Tesla have two magical words to keep prices high, ChipShortage. Spent 8 months hunting bargains, lets wait 2 more for the enigmatic Diwali offers. Although my brain says I am in for disappointment eventually.

Bhaisaab, seems you and I following your footsteps, will end up never buying these tv's chasing value. Sellers this year from TV to Tesla have two magical words to keep prices high, ChipShortage. Spent 8 months hunting bargains, lets wait 2 more for the enigmatic Diwali offers. Although my brain says I am in for disappointment eventually.
It's pretty much a mental block for me. I can never buy anything which is a bad value for money or if I know it will get discounted, despite of how much money I make or how great the product is.

I know that you can easily get LG C1 for around 1.1 lakhs on Diwali, so buying it right now for around 1.5 seems like a sheer waste of money to me.

It's pretty much a mental block for me. I can never buy anything which is a bad value for money or if I know it will get discounted, despite of how much money I make or how great the product is.

I know that you can easily get LG C1 for around 1.1 lakhs on Diwali, so buying it right now for around 1.5 seems like a sheer waste of money to me.
It gets worse for me, because I compare to US market - especially with even more niche products that wont make it to India or be double price here.

@IonHawk - Lots of silent likes & reactions :p No comments? Do share, dont stalk in silence :p ha ha!
I totally agree with what you and lightgamer said. I was like one "Yes" away from buying an LG 65BX for 1.8, but finally walked away as I couldn't justify the cost. Of course, I then caved and got a Sony X9000h but at least I saved a bunch of money that will be used to pay for an Xbox Series X or PS5 whenever one becomes available. That's my 2 cents on this front.

I totally agree with what you and lightgamer said. I was like one "Yes" away from buying an LG 65BX for 1.8, but finally walked away as I couldn't justify the cost. Of course, I then caved and got a Sony X9000h but at least I saved a bunch of money that will be used to pay for an Xbox Series X or PS5 whenever one becomes available. That's my 2 cents on this front.
Yay! Popped your comment cherry :p

Hi.. I am unable to change the inputs on my U7980 through firestick. Any idea on what could be the issue. Any particular remote code to use?

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back