Toshiba U79 and U80 Owners Discussion And Review !!

Couple of days back, strange thing happened. All the menu of FireTV 4K went super small, like you get on a super resolution panel. Even the picture quality was super sharp and the subtitles were a tad smaller. After I switched off the TV and switched it back on, things were normal again.

I thought like FTV was displaying menu in 4K than usual 1080p. I had not changed any setting and it was random.
Maybe random A/B testing by Amazon. Or maybe (more likely) a glitch.

1080p optimized icons at half the size will get as sharp as 4k (and occupy 1/4th of the screen).

Couple of days back, strange thing happened. All the menu of FireTV 4K went super small, like you get on a super resolution panel. Even the picture quality was super sharp and the subtitles were a tad smaller. After I switched off the TV and switched it back on, things were normal again.

I thought like FTV was displaying menu in 4K than usual 1080p. I had not changed any setting and it was random.
If you like the 4k menu and UI You need to force the resolution to 4K60hz in display settings

Strange thing is the picture quality was super sharp too.
That is pretty obvious. The screen is capable of displaying much sharper UI than firestick native one. So if it scales down it will be sharper.

Say for example there's YouTube logo which has a resolution of 300x200. However, that is displayed at 2x scale to your display at 600x400 (this won't look sharp since your screen is 4k and firestick UI is in 1080p). So if it scales down by 2x it will be a 300x200 displaying on 300x200 which will look sharper (same information in smaller size is sharper).

Have a query here, I have the U79 55" - Asia/Indian Region.

Background:
I just had a change of house. For the Wifi(Fiber 100mbps) the same provider was taken but this time I had a different modem vs the Nokia's modem I had earlier. All Alexa connections and sync were just perfect, both were properly paired and connections were perfect.

Now, After only after 4-5 retries I was able to connect the Bluetooth remote and am just not able to connect Alexa during the setup, have some " Web address not valid to download file " or something similar.
What do I do this? Tried resetting my TV twice, Router twice, and yet I can't connect Alexa to my TV.

Suggestions?

Have a query here, I have the U79 55" - Asia/Indian Region.

Background:
I just had a change of house. For the Wifi(Fiber 100mbps) the same provider was taken but this time I had a different modem vs the Nokia's modem I had earlier. All Alexa connections and sync were just perfect, both were properly paired and connections were perfect.

Now, After only after 4-5 retries I was able to connect the Bluetooth remote and am just not able to connect Alexa during the setup, have some " Web address not valid to download file " or something similar.
What do I do this? Tried resetting my TV twice, Router twice, and yet I can't connect Alexa to my TV.

Suggestions?
I've never managed to get Alexa working on this TV, and I'm pretty good with software. The process itself is broken.

My firestick 4k output resolution setting switches back to 1080p/60fps from the original setting of Auto (up to 4k). This happens once every day. Quite annoying.
Any pointers on what could be happening.. thanks.

but auto means highest quality as possible by data speed
No, that's not how it works. Auto is supposed to switch resolution to 4k if the content has it, but that only works in Amazon's own prime video app. In every other app this mode doesn't work and just outputs 1080p 60.

You have to manually force 4k 60 on firestick to get 4k output.

There was another guy who also got Chromecast with google TV. He was able to get 4k DV working. Also even I was able to get 4k DV working with firestick when I put the display to 4k 30.

You just need to get auto framerate working with Chromecast to get 4k DV working. If it's playing a 24fps movie, you need to send 24Hz only from Chromecast. That will fix it.

Only 2021 Apple TV 4k and Nvidia shield can pass 4k 60 Dolby Vision. So that won't work.
whats the use of 4k 60 when movie run only in 23.9fps ?

whats the use of 4k 60 when movie run only in 23.9fps ?
What's the point of a 60Hz display then? Because some videos will be 30/60 fps, along with the UI which will look far better at 60Hz. For the movies, the firestick 4k will do 3:2 pulldown which in my experience looks alright.

If you want a complete streaming experience, you will have to spend to get the Apple TV 4k or import an Nvidia Shield.

Auto resolution on firestick 4k is always 1080p 60.
Actually when set to auto, prime video outputs 4k and hdr with frame rate switching.
Hotstar, youtube etc works at 1080p hdr/DV which is fine for me.
But sometimes this auto setting changes to 1080p fixed, after that everything including prime works only on 1080p sdr. Then I have to go to display setting in firestick and change it back to auto.

What's the point of a 60Hz display then? Because some videos will be 30/60 fps, along with the UI which will look far better at 60Hz. For the movies, the firestick 4k will do 3:2 pulldown which in my experience looks alright.

If you want a complete streaming experience, you will have to spend to get the Apple TV 4k or import an Nvidia Shield.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2021-06-25-20-09-17-85.jpg
    Screenshot_2021-06-25-20-09-17-85.jpg
    481.5 KB · Views: 21
Actually when set to auto, prime video outputs 4k and hdr with frame rate switching.
Hotstar, youtube etc works at 1080p hdr/DV which is fine for me.
But sometimes this auto setting changes to 1080p fixed, after that everything including prime works only on 1080p sdr. Then I have to go to display setting in firestick and change it back to auto.
Yes, I covered that in another reply:
Auto is supposed to switch resolution to 4k if the content has it, but that only works in Amazon's own prime video app
Anyway, there's no point in choosing auto. The 4k 60 fixed mode also works fine with HDR. 4k HDR10 >>>>>> 1080p DV.

in quora someone said 24fps more realistic for movies ,r u agree ?r more fps looks more realistic?

in quora someone said 24fps more realistic for movies ,r u agree ?r more fps looks more realistic?
1. Quora is garbage.
2. 24 fps can never look realistic. It can look more 'cinematic' since our eyes are tuned to that.

Why are we discussing this though? If the movie is 24fps and display is 60Hz, it will just do 3:2 pulldown which doesn't look that bad. It's not like the content becomes 60fps.

1. Quora is garbage.
2. 24 fps can never look realistic. It can look more 'cinematic' since our eyes are tuned to that.

Why are we discussing this though? If the movie is 24fps and display is 60Hz, it will just do 3:2 pulldown which doesn't look that bad. It's not like the content becomes 60fps.
does MEMC works really smooth, natural?(24-60fps)

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back