Toshiba U79 and U80 Owners Discussion And Review !!

Firestick 4k can't bitstream Lossless audio like Dolby True HD/Atmos or DTS HDMA/X when connected directly to the AVR HDMI In. It does E AC3 DD+ max. When you are playing with Plex the server will usually transcode it to AAC which is the reason why the audio quality you are hearing is not that great. You can confirm this by checking your Plex server dashboard and the AVR signal info.
Can Dolby atmos true hd downloaded on usb playing through usb 2.0 port of tv and pass through of atmos audio to avr? Is eARC 2.1 hdmi of tv able to pass through dolby atmos true hd audio to avr?

Since you are sending data over HDMI to the AVR, the TV will have no relation to the audio quality itself. Digital signal either works or doesn't. There's no quality to it as the decode, amplification and the analog part of audio happens after your AVR receives the signal.

The TV supports DTS HD passthrough, so your AVR only will decode it. True HD will need to be converted to AAC 5.1/7.1 via transcode. Obviously nothing will work over ARC, so the firestick needs to be plugged into the AVR and signal to passthrough to the TV.

Also you'd need firestick 4k for it. Regular firestick (older one) doesn't support high fidelity audio.
Can Dolby atmos true hd downloaded on usb playing through usb 2.0 port of tv and pass through of atmos audio to avr? Is eARC 2.1 hdmi of tv able to pass through dolby atmos true hd audio to avr? Can we connect pc through hdmi to avr and play dolby atmos true hd content through this route?

i did it before,digit,91mobiles said 350 nits bt thats nt official
If official numbers were available, you'd get them on the Google search first or on their own website. It's pretty clear that their marketing division doesn't want to specify shit specs as it leads to bad marketing.

We FMs can't manufacture numbers out of thin air. Please don't ask for specs here as they should be available on a Google search. Especially not on threads that have no relation with that TV(like this is the thread for U7980 and not Mi Q1). If you can't find a spec on Google search, that spec isn't published and assume the worst.

If local dimming isn't mentioned - it's not present on the TV.

If brightness isn't mentioned - it's below 500 nits for sure, and likely <400 nits.

178-degree viewing angle mentioned - IPS panel. Also ADS = IPS.

If official numbers were available, you'd get them on the Google search first or on their own website. It's pretty clear that their marketing division doesn't want to specify shit specs as it leads to bad marketing.

We FMs can't manufacture numbers out of thin air. Please don't ask for specs here as they should be available on a Google search. Especially not on threads that have no relation with that TV(like this is the thread for U7980 and not Mi Q1). If you can't find a spec on Google search, that spec isn't published and assume the worst.

If local dimming isn't mentioned - it's not present on the TV.

If brightness isn't mentioned - it's below 500 nits for sure, and likely <400 nits.

178-degree viewing angle mentioned - IPS panel. Also ADS = IPS.
planning to buy u7890 55inch ,bt not available in online,rd,local market ,i didn't find any threat on miq1 ,bt y big companies nt mentioning about brightness nits? Samsung lg nt evn mentioning led type

bt y big companies nt mentioning about brightness nits? Samsung lg nt evn mentioning led type
I already explained the answer to this question. Marketing will never mention something which is detrimental to them. Unless your product is best in class, mentioning specs is only going to be detrimental to them.

Toshiba U79 mentioned the brightness because 700-nits is the best in class brightness for anywhere around this price. Imagine if Samsung mentioned 500 nits for their Frame, then potential buyers would buy the U79 instead because it's cheaper and higher brightness. However, Toshiba themselves didn't mention the brightness of U50 because it's not the best in class.

An informed buyer will choose nothing but the best in class product, and that's not good if your product is 2nd or 3rd best. It's bad marketing if you write 350 nits on your specifications.

Instead, manufacturers use marketing nonsense that users can't compare with other brands like 'super reality creation, ultra contrast enhancement, dynamic sharpness booster' and whatnot.

Does anyone have any new info regarding Hisense's VIDAA updates?
Should we assume that the TV is abandoned by Hisense in terms of software updates?

What are the best deal for 55 inch U79 and U80 models in India? Link please
Yes let all of us know when you find those links too. This forum has given up on hunting these u79 tv's as they are very shy tv's and not willing to be seen in public for a long time now. U80 will be manufactured after few light years by toshiba btw if it still exists is the consensus.

Does anyone have any new info regarding Hisense's VIDAA updates?
Should we assume that the TV is abandoned by Hisense in terms of software updates?
I think Toshiba is handling updates on these TVs and not Hisense. If Hisense was handling them, I'd be pretty optimistic but I have zero hopes on Toshiba to launch either the U80 or update these to VIDAA 4.0

Just get a firestick 4k and forget about the updates. They're not coming in the foreseeable future.

I think Toshiba is handling updates on these TVs and not Hisense. If Hisense was handling them, I'd be pretty optimistic but I have zero hopes on Toshiba to launch either the U80 or update these to VIDAA 4.0

Just get a firestick 4k and forget about the updates. They're not coming in the foreseeable future.
Glad I did exactly that. The only downside no Dolby vision support on firetvstick 4k at 4k resolution

What he meant was the firestick 4k is not fully compatible with the TV U79
It is having issues with delivering 4k Picture with dolby vision on streaming apps

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back