Toshiba U79 and U80 Owners Discussion And Review !!

I got my TV delivered today, do we need to book the installation request by our own if we got it from Amazon?
When you ordered the TV, there's an option to book the installation. Then only the installation guy will come.

Please contact their customer care.
I assume only the installation guy to open the box for warranty sake. Is there any separate warranty process required?
The installation guy is completely unrelated to Toshiba. You can get it installed yourself if you have a drill and are decently comfortable with it.
Amazon stocks are area exclusive. So it's only available in Chennai I guess.

When you ordered the TV, there's an option to book the installation. Then only the installation guy will come.

Please contact their customer care.

The installation guy is completely unrelated to Toshiba. You can get it installed yourself if you have a drill and are decently comfortable with it.

Amazon stocks are area exclusive. So it's only available in Chennai I guess.
8th of this month... courier service delayed it so long.

Just curious if a Toshiba person can do some basic check for any usage and issues.

Its again the same Bangalore seller which I ordered from got it delivered to Chennai.

8th of this month... courier service delayed it so long.

Just curious if a Toshiba person can do some basic check for any usage and issues.
There's no Toshiba person. It's just the basic Amazon installer which has nothing to do with Toshiba. He isn't gonna do any basic checks.

I called the customer care number provided in Amazon site in the product page. Booked installation.

They said Toshiba customer care support ( now I am curious after your words). Will wait till saturday, if no show I will do it myself.

BTW does this TV has any surge protection inbuilt or need to have one proper stabilizer? Any suggestion please.

I called the customer care number provided in Amazon site in the product page. Booked installation.

They said Toshiba customer care support ( now I am curious after your words). Will wait till saturday, if no show I will do it myself.

BTW does this TV has any surge protection inbuilt or need to have one proper stabilizer? Any suggestion please.
Every modern electronic device has surge protection inbuilt. Those voltage stabilizers are more or less for peace of mind and placebo effect. Kinda like Homeopathy.

Unless you have a very inconsistent power supply which has fried your home appliances in near past, you don't need anything like that.

1.Could you please confirm with the company if there's 3 year warranty or 1 year. The Amazon page shows 1 year. But toshiba in its insta page shows 3 years. Please could you clarify.
2. Was a wall mount provided with the tv?

@others please help. Is it better to go for this tv or the Xiaomi 75inch qled. How many local dimming zones does this one have

Last edited:
1.Could you please confirm with the company if there's 3 year warranty or 1 year. The Amazon page shows 1 year. But toshiba in its insta page shows 3 years. Please could you clarify.

@others please help. Is it better to go for this tv or the Xiaomi 75inch qled. How many local dimming zones does this one have
It is always 1 Year ( the warranty card in the box also says the same), 3 years was promotional given last year. Anyhow I have reached out to regional manager to check if possible to get additional 2 years even if its payable. No response yet.

Yes wall mount included in the box.

Its only 60 zones in 65 inch tv, but I suppose its 100 more in MI.

Bought it from relaince digital. Got 3 years warranty. It is specifically mentioned in the bill. I am not sure if this warranty is covered by Toshiba or relaince digital.

I got this tv replacing 9 years old Sony Led. The setup configuration is very different compared to Sony.

Picture mode settings are available only for that content type ( SDR/ HDR/ Dolby). Can only apply appropriate settings by playing that content type. This was an hassle when applying the Ratings' calibration settings.. instead they could have given option os choose content type and so its settings.

Also there are some settings disabled with no reason give. Really hard to guess. Just learning.

A big request, can anyone help share best settings for Judder effect. I prefer to switch off ultra smooth motion ( like it that way for natural 24fps playback) but I see there is loss in sharpness.

If you can afford the Xiaomi q1 75", it's the best value in India right now. Better than this TV.

This TV has 56 dimming zones on the 55", 60 on the 65".
Picture mode settings are available only for that content type ( SDR/ HDR/ Dolby). Can only apply appropriate settings by playing that content type. This was an hassle when applying the Ratings' calibration settings.. instead they could have given option os choose content type and so its settings.
That's common with all brands now, because you need to have different settings for different content. Same settings won't work great for both HDR and SDR.
A big request, can anyone help share best settings for Judder effect. I prefer to switch off ultra smooth motion ( like it that way for natural 24fps playback) but I see there is loss in sharpness.
Yes, turning it off is the best. I don't see why it will cause loss of sharpness. It will definitely lead to a loss of temporal resolution as motion interpolation is off.

These are the settings I am using: https://www.hifivision.com/threads/...wners-discussion-and-review.81286/post-908047

Let me know how these turn out for you.

I am using the following motion settings and happy with it.

For movies and TV shows.
Custom with judder reduction at 6 and blur reduction at 0.

For low fps sports content (ipl on hotstar)
Custom with judder reduction at 3 and blur reduction at 0.

Hope this helps. Mine is 55 inch variant.

Pardon my ignorance I don't understand a lot about TV features. I'm building my HT and I have my eyes on this TV. Can someone share a review? The cost is attractive!

Pardon my ignorance I don't understand a lot about TV features. I'm building my HT and I have my eyes on this TV. Can someone share a review? The cost is attractive!
Please check the availability of this TV in your region first. It's not available in most of India.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back