TV Settings Thread

for samsung b6000 users since the stock settings are crap try this cnet settings for HD..i use the same settings with gamma reduced to 0 and xvYCC turned on..do post your feedback and share your settings..

p.s. do not use this settings on SD:lol:

--Picture menu
Mode: Movie
Backlight: 2
Contrast: 98
Brightness: 45
Sharpness: 0
Color: 49
Tint: G50/R50

Advanced settings submenu
Black tone: Off
Dynamic contrast: Off
Gamma: +3
Color space: Auto
Flesh tone: 0
Edge enhancement: Off
xvYCC: Off

White balance submenu
R-Offset: 23
G-Offset: 24
B-Offset: 24
R-Gain: 27
G-Gain: 23
B-Gain: 11

Picture options submenu
Color tone: Warm2
Size: Screen Fit
Digital NR: Off
HDMI black level: Normal [grayed out]
Film mode: Off [grayed out]
Blue only mode: Off
Auto motion plus 100Hz: Custom
Custom settings:
Blur reduction: 10
Judder reduction: 0

--Setup menu
Game Mode: Off
Energy saving: Off
BD Wise: Off

these are my settings for samsung B530
Mode - Standard
Backlight - 8
Contrast - 82
Brightness - 45
Sharpness - 55
Color - 44

Advance Settings :
Black Tone - darker
Dynamic Contrast - Medium
Gamma - 0
Colorspace - Auto
Flesh Tone - 0
Edge Enhancement - On

Picture Options :
Color Tone - warm
Digital NR - Auto

PS:tint option in my TV is greyed out and its not adjustable.:sad:WHY?

@vulpine are these settings for SD?do experiment with the movie mode..
sharpness at 55 is a overkill imho..try the web for calibrated settings for your model..use that as a reference and tweak it for your needs

Hello

I have a 32" LCD (full HD) and would be hopefully buying a 50" plasma (hd ready) in near future.

The PQ on the sony 32" LCD is NOWHERE near to what it is seen in showrooms and is marginally above the PQ for SD content even when I play the PLANET EARTH 1080p videos. :yahoo: :yahoo:

So I guess I need to do some calliberation but the problem is I am a complete newbie :sad: :sad:

I searched on net and AVIA II guide to home theater looks to be the most easy. But its available in just NTSC version. Would it work fine?? Or any other tips any1 would like to suggest?

hi. everybody i may be wrong in my point plse correct me. As these LCD are having a output of say 600 w pmpo or so I think one can connect a pair of speakers directly to the tv. Like I did connect My old AKAI 25"" CRT to A pair of Bolton 3way speakers (8""woofer 4'' Midrange and a philips tweeter) Now this TV output is 300 w pmpo. And I tell you it gives really a very good clear bass and sound. And I am using this way past 2 years.

regards

hi. everybody i may be wrong in my point plse correct me. As these LCD are having a output of say 600 w pmpo or so I think one can connect a pair of speakers directly to the tv. Like I did connect My old AKAI 25"" CRT to A pair of Bolton 3way speakers (8""woofer 4'' Midrange and a philips tweeter) Now this TV output is 300 w pmpo. And I tell you it gives really a very good clear bass and sound. And I am using this way past 2 years.

regards

How did you connect the speakers to the TV?

Hi Guys,

Just purchased Samsung LA26B450C4 for my bedroom. Can any kind soul plz suggest me the calibrated settings for this model.

BTW I'd like to watch vivid colors. Ratio for SD and HD is 1:1.

Cheers,

Sourav

Suggestions Needed for LG 32LH35.

Can any one suggest a good setting for LH35?
My room is brightly lit. Please let me know if there is a seperating setting that need to be done for viewing channels through Airtel DTH and movies in SONY home theatre system.

Hi Guys, I have recently bought a Samsung 32 inch B530 FHD model, and am now looking for settings to improve the PQ on this. I have got Airtel DTH connection, and am happy with the transmission. I will appreciate if someone can share with me their best settings for this tv.

Also, similar to other poster on this thread, even I see the Tint option greyed out.. so can someone suggest how to un-grey this option?

thanks again guys...

This is my setting for Samsung Series 5 40" LCD
(got this from AVSForum.com, made with calibration tools)

Try it out & give your views!

Samsung - Model No. 40A550 (should work on all series 5 LCDs)
This setting is for HD source (BluRay/PS3/Xbox 360) & not for SD source.

Mode = Movie
Backlight = 4
Contrast = 90
Brightness = 51
Sharpness = 0
Color = 48
Tint = G54/R46

DETAILED SETTINGS
Black Adjust = Off
Dynamic Contrast = Off
Gamma = 0
Color Space = Custom
Red: R41 - G0 - B0
Green: R21 - G52 - B0
Blue: R8 - G0 - B57
Yellow: R52 - G52 - B0
Cyan: R27 - G48 - B48
Magenta: R33 - G0 - B50

Flesh Tone = 0
Edge Enhancement = Off
Xycc = Off

WHITE BALANCE
R-Offset = 26
G-Offset = 25
B-Offset = 24
R-Gain = 33
G-Gain = 25
B-Gain = 25

PICTURE OPTIONS
Color Tone = Warm 2
Size = Just Scan
Digital N/R = Off
HDMI Black Level = Set to your device, may be grayed out. Usually "low" unless using PC or expanded levels on PS3/xbox360, in which case set to "Normal".
Film Mode = off (or auto depending on your source)
Blue Mode = Off

Energy Saving = Off
Entertainment modes = Off

Hi skdMrk, thanks for your input. However my LCD (32b530) doesn't have the kind of options that you have mentioned in your reply.. like the several tint options.. I just have one Red-Green tint option, and that too is greyed out (and I can't figure out how to adjust. Maybe this has to do with me using SD content for now). And my usage is currently primarily limited to SD content (Airtel Digital tv to be specific), and some movies from my laptop using a VGA. So are there any specific settings for the SD content?

Thanks

Hi frinds,

would u mind sharing the best settings for Panasonic TH-P42C10D with Tata sky,
my room is bit brighter

thanks in advance

Don't play around with "best settings" on your Plasma until the break in period is over. For now only option is to use thick dark curtains to cut off any extra light.

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back