TV Settings Thread

Could someone tell me how do I check the no. of hours usage in Samsung Series 6 model??
I go to service menu ny pressing Info-> Menu-> Mute-> Power. I am getting different options but could not see the usage hours..
Any idea??

Model : Sony KLV-32EX400
Ambient Conditions : Night tubelight/dimlight
Typical Usage : TV (Hathway cable), DVD (component, yet to be calibrated)

Settings used :

Mode : Cinema
Backlight : 0/1/2
Picture/Contrast : 80
Brightness : 50
Colour : 45
Colour Temperature : Warm 2
Sharpness : 0
Noise Reduction : Off
MPEG Noise Reduction : Off
Cinema Drive : Auto
Adv. Contrast Enhancer : Off
Black Corrector : Off
Gamma : 0
Clear White : Off
Live Colour : Off
White Balance : Default
Ambient Sensor : On
Power Saving : Low

Settings used :

Backlight so low? And Ambient sensor on will anyway control backlight right? Those look like really messed up settings

Backlight so low? And Ambient sensor on will anyway control backlight right? Those look like really messed up settings

I have arrived at those settings after tweaking for 7 days. Now the blacks and shadow details are excellent. The whites are also nicely rendered. Increasing the backlight anything above 4, I lose the shadow details.

I generally use value '1' in dim light and '2' in tube light. The ambient sensor is at 'low' and does not change the back-light by much.

Could someone tell me how do I check the no. of hours usage in Samsung Series 6 model??
I go to service menu ny pressing Info-> Menu-> Mute-> Power. I am getting different options but could not see the usage hours..
Any idea??
Earlier it used to work.I donno about 6 series should work.But tampering service menu will void ur warranty also :)

Earlier it used to work.I donno about 6 series should work.But tampering service menu will void ur warranty also :)

You mean to say entering into service menu will void the warranty or changing something in the service menu will void??

I think in new model 40C650, the service menu has changed. I am not getting usage hours in any one of the options in service menu

You mean to say entering into service menu will void the warranty or changing something in the service menu will void??

I think in new model 40C650, the service menu has changed. I am not getting usage hours in any one of the options in service menu

Changing settings will void warranty.Unless you are very sure don't change if your changing note down the previous value.Yeah I am also not able to find usage .

*Caution :I have heard instance where TV didn't came back at all :)

Hi,
i am new to the forum. I need some help on my Sony KLV 40EX500, which gives noise and breaks in audio when connected to laptop through HDMI. Can anybody help please?

hi
this is nel
the black top and down strip is comming on crt tv with aspect ratio setting of 4:3and also 16:9while viewing a program and then changes to full screen for some ads in an Airtel reception
and will this black strip will go off in an 26" LED LCD.
pl. let know.

LA40C650 Settings here.

This is something I found when googling. Hope this helps someone. Please do not hold me responsible for anything that goes wrong.

Settings for TOSHIBA 40AV700E please.
I use Big TV for SD programs.

Currently using the default settings.
- All values (colour, brightness, contrast, backlight at 50% levels)
- Black/white level - OFF
- Noise Reduction - OFF
- Tint, Sharpness - ZERO
- Colour Temperature - NATURAL
- Auto Brightness Sensor - OFF
- 3D Colour Management - OFF
- Active Backlight Control - OFF
- Picture Mode - Standard with Cinema Mode ON (as suggested somewhere ib this thread)

SD programs look washed out.
Tried changing the various settings but still no significant improvement.

Thanks

Settings used :

Colour temperature could be "neutral" which is close to 6500K and will not bring in any tint or distortion.

break in period ? :confused:

Hello,

Plasma's are vulnerable to IR (image retention / Ghost images) and Burn -in's (you really need to abuse it to leave permanent damage) in the initial hours i.e the first 100-150 hrs...it's highly recommended that you keep the TV in cinema/movie mode and use moderate settings i.e color, brightness,contrast to 50% or less, in addition try and avoid channels or movies with black bars (top/bottom) and dont leave a static image on the set for more than 15-20 mins..use screen savers or features like pixel shifter etc...avoid marathon gaming sessions like 3-4 hrs at a stretch and you can also try and use ZOOM (1x-2x -3x) function that'll help avoid the channel logo's on screen for long , shift channels every 15-20 mins...

There's loads of info. regd. the same in the forum so pls search a few related threads and posts

Sincerely,
Abhishek

I use tata sky HD through my hdmi cable..i would like to know the picture calibration for my LG Jazz theatre..!! any help or any links on it..!!

Hi,

Can someone kindly post Picture settings for Panasonic 42X20D. I mostly watch Tata Sky HD and movies in dim light conditions

Regards
Jathin

Sony Bravia EX400 32inch LCD :)

Standard
Backlight - 3
Picture - 95
Brightness - 50
Color - 50
Hue - 0
Color Temperature - Warm 2
Sharpness - 5
Noise reduction - Low
MPEG noise reduction - low
Cinema drive - Auto
Advance contrast enhanser - Low
Black corrector - Off
Gamma - 0
Clear white - Off
Live color - Low
White balance - 0

Sony KLV-32EX400

Settings :

Mode : Cinema - standard
Backlight : 0/1/2 - 2
Picture/Contrast : 80 - 90
Brightness : 50 - 40
Colour : 45 - 50
Colour Temperature : Warm 2 - warm 2
Sharpness : 0 - 5
Noise Reduction : Off - low
MPEG Noise Reduction : Off - low
Cinema Drive : Auto - auto
Adv. Contrast Enhancer : Off - low
Black Corrector : Off - off
Clear White : Off - off
Live Colour : Off - low
White Balance : Default - d
Ambient Sensor : On - off

try this.

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back