Join the party: Mumbai HFV Meet 2011!

denzong.. sorry if you have got confused about the dates... It is 11th dec now, Sunday, so we guess you can comfortably make it. Please confirm in excel sheet. You can carry your Yamaha AS500, many will be keen to listen to it. Ofcourse your wharfedales too.

well if its 11th then i am not there. will have to miss this as i have already committed for my bike ride

"The organizers of the meet shall not be held responsible for any loss or damage whatsoever caused to the equipments brought by the participants either during transit or during the auditions."

Now that is a silly disclaimer. I had carried my mini-floorstanders safely 300 km up and down in Denom's SUV on several bad stretches and at speeds exceeding 125kmph :D If they are properly packed, there is no need to worry. For Mumbaities, the back seat is safe enough for this travel distance. As far as equipments going kaput during demo is concerned, again the owners are going to connect them so they know what they are doing. If concern is power surges, my view: The probability of the participant meeting with a road accident on the way to the event is much much higher than his equipment going bust due to power surges :D. However we will check out the reliability of power supply.

Now back to the show, the hall is blocked for 11th Dec and the final negotiated cost is Rs. 475 + taxes. It comes to around Rs. 561.

I hope everyone is familiar with online NEFT transactions. We will give the account no. of one of the organizers shortly.

So there is no stopping now. Lets rock guys.

i am in if its happening on the 18th (as 12th i have my bike ride)
let me know if i have to carry anything (my list is below, lps not mentioned)
also let this event be a buy and sell too....anyone interested to sell their stuff and others to buy should also be there.
i dont have anything to sell but maybe something interesting to buy.
so not just listening session but this can be a trade one too.
just my thought

Hi Denzong,

Firstly the meet is fixed now for the 11th of December 2011.
Secondly, kindly be aware that this meet is organized for reviewing various set-ups primarily, NOT a buy & sell event! Yes if someone is interested in selling his gear he can bring it along BUT we request that they do not waste precious time in this & detour the very purpose of the meet, hope all understand this!

Edit: Read your post & sad that you will miss the event, better luck next time :)

Last edited:
Hi
Pls count me in too.Was waiting for a long time to meet and thank ( i consider spiro,magma,denom as my poster "boys") the forum members who have advised me on various matters related to music..
A suggestion : If possible can someone arrange the pre-power combo amplifier from Norge for the meet ?
Meantime I'll try to get ppl from sonodyne india on board.though am not very sure..

Waiting impatently for 11th Dec....

Hi all,

Some Big News:

Shyam Bajaj of Norge Audio has accepted my invitation to the meet & will be bringing his new Pre-Power Amp :)

Only that he requires somebody to pick him up & give him a ride from Bandra to the meet & subsequently drop him back. Request attendees coming from the suburbs to do the needful. Would be most appreciated. Thanks :)

Hi all,

Some Big News:

Shyam Bajaj of Norge Audio has accepted my invitation to the meet & will be bringing his new Pre-Power Amp :)

Only that he requires somebody to pick him up & give him a ride from Bandra to the meet & subsequently drop him back. Request attendees coming from the suburbs to do the needful. Would be most appreciated. Thanks :)

Its a great news he himself is coming with his exciting beta product. Thanks Denom.

Mumbai guys... one of you please arrange for a pickup of this gentleman. But I wonder if he would stay till the party is over.

I will not be able to attend the meet because i will be travelling.

If some of you wish to see my Mini Theater on a week-end, please do let me know.

I think 3 or 4 members should sponsor the cost of meet. I am willing to pay 25/50% of the cost provided some of them are ready to chip in. If this works out there will be no need to pay individually.

V.

Guys,

we desperately need more equipments for audition.
Pls take dealer tie-ups with priority.
Look Pune meet had the stuff like Unico, B&W etc, so it would be nice if we can hear such high end stuff.
The meet should be a feast to ears ( and stomach !!)

A senior member should personally call the dealers and just invite them.
ex- Lakozy, Boomarang,
Lots of members have cordial relations with them.

regards

I disagree that we need more equipment for audition. There are already plenty of different things members have listed in the spreadsheet.

Tie-ups with dealers are still needed, but for evaluating stuff not present amongst what members will be presenting.

Guys,

we desperately need more equipments for audition.
Pls take dealer tie-ups with priority.
Look Pune meet had the stuff like Unico, B&W etc, so it would be nice if we can hear such high end stuff.
The meet should be a feast to ears ( and stomach !!)

A senior member should personally call the dealers and just invite them.
ex- Lakozy, Boomarang,
Lots of members have cordial relations with them.

regards

I disagree that we need more equipment for audition. There are already plenty of different things members have listed in the spreadsheet.

Tie-ups with dealers are still needed, but for evaluating stuff not present amongst what members will be presenting.

And this is justthe begining!!

I think as Mr. bajaj is confirmed - we may need 1 and not more than 2 dealers!!
this is rented hall so carry a time restriction ...

We will have plenty of gear , do not worry.

BTW adding something in My gear -- Squeezebox Touch - Arrived ,Supercheap T amp - lepai and Dual TT if required...:eek:hyeah::eek:hyeah:

Hemant ..... if you possess the Lepai, then do you think I need to bring in the Topping TP20? There is hardly much of a difference in the sound signatures between the two ..... the TP20 might be only slightly better!

Do let me know.

Hemant ..... if you possess the Lepai, then do you think I need to bring in the Topping TP20? There is hardly much of a difference in the sound signatures between the two ..... the TP20 might be only slightly better!

Do let me know.

Pls man , get it , I read conflicting reviwes about Lepai -- so worth getting Topping -- and we can prove all t amps are similar.

Compared to topping , lepai looks cheap , and I never tried it!

Thanks Denom
It will help us to pick up the demo tracks

I spoke to Mr.Gopekhilnani from audiovision.Initially he didnt show the interest,but later gave me email address so that organizer can email him.
[email protected] (direct email)

I have a invitation template which I used for 5.1 sounds, riveira, laokozy, Pristine notes. Pristine note responded, but I do not think he has anything other than headphones and related accessories. I will invite audiovision through mail. Did you contact beats99, do they sell any stereo hifi?

Spiro: Did you contact beats99, do they sell any stereo hifi?

Beats99 are the sellers & I dont think they will respond.They have only Yamaha stereo amp.

Few things we should think on meet are-
How exactly we will be enjoying the meet?
What will be our exact aim?
I asked this because with more equipments we may not focus certain things.
Are we looking for perfect music systems OR compare the products?
OR mere a AV expo?
I am not confusing you all,but we need to have a strong subject.like-
looking for better source(like CDP/DAC) or stereo amp or speakers.

We should conclude(close to it)at the end of day.
eg.Best budget DAC,Best performance DAC/CDP.

This can help others to know the product better.

I can suggest that-
To begin with we can play few stereo combos.Starting with good cdp.There can be 2 categories.

Budget system with Bookshelf & high end with Towers.
Once played the default one,we can mismatch the systems.Like change the speakers with different amps.Once we listen all,we can finalize 2 combos.

One with BS & other with Towers.Then comes the source.We will change CDp to DAC or soundcard (PC).Here we can compare the + & -ve.

This way we can come close to our taste.

What do you say friends?

Beats99 are the sellers & I dont think they will respond.They have only Yamaha stereo amp.

Few things we should think on meet are-
How exactly we will be enjoying the meet?
What will be our exact aim?
I asked this because with more equipments we may not focus certain things.
Are we looking for perfect music systems OR compare the products?
OR mere a AV expo?
I am not confusing you all,but we need to have a strong subject.like-
looking for better source(like CDP/DAC) or stereo amp or speakers.

We should conclude(close to it)at the end of day.
eg.Best budget DAC,Best performance DAC/CDP.

This can help others to know the product better.

I can suggest that-
To begin with we can play few stereo combos.Starting with good cdp.There can be 2 categories.

Budget system with Bookshelf & high end with Towers.
Once played the default one,we can mismatch the systems.Like change the speakers with different amps.Once we listen all,we can finalize 2 combos.

One with BS & other with Towers.Then comes the source.We will change CDp to DAC or soundcard (PC).Here we can compare the + & -ve.

This way we can come close to our taste.

What do you say friends?

Thanks Doc ... YOU RAISED RIGHT QUERIES..

I am of strong feeling that there should be only one dealer or not more than 2 or this meet will become dealer demo meet ...

remember the most expensive commodity here will be time

WE CAN DECIDE SOME BASIC THEME AND ACHIEVABLES ( too much management ??:rolleyes::rolleyes:) and then work towards it.

Nice to here from you doctor as in our last meet too you steered it in right direction..

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back