LG C1 Owners Thread (No Price Talk)

Congrats.

Wanted to know on the following, hope you can shed some light:

1) Viewing Tatasky or similar - how is the upscaling on the HD and SD channels
2) Fast moving sports (football / cricket etc.) - is the ball seen clearly or is there some streaking effect

Cheers.
Sun'J

Congrats.

2) Fast moving sports (football / cricket etc.) - is the ball seen clearly or is there some streaking effect

Cheers.
Sun'J
1. I don't have any cable. So can't say. I haven't streamed SD much, But some streaming SD content looked good enough.
2. I only watched a little cricket on Hotstar, But I don't find Hotstar quality good enough. So, difficult to say. Will watch some good content to ascertain.

I got a 48 C1 this year. I wanted to get a 65 G1 but did not want to risk that much money on something I never experienced. I'll mostly hook this 48 C1 to my PC. I need to replace my 6 year old living room TV which is a 55 inch VU TV and it has developed some screen snag. Nobody watches it though so its just there as a show piece. Based on my initial few days on the OLED, the black levels are truly class leading, but my Sony X900H 55 in another bedroom has pretty good black levels. You can see blooming if there are texts on a dark background but somehow I don't feel that too distracting. On the flip side the X900H gets brighter and has a certain charm to the picture. Also you don't have to keep worrying about burn in so you can go crazy on the brightness knob. The thing about X900H though it has some DSE which I started noticing much after I purchased it. Normally it is not visible but sometimes against a blue sky background - for me it is distracting enough if I notice it. Its like once you see it then you are always hunting for it subconsciously. To be fair I can't see it most of the time even when I am specifically looking for it. I have to fire up a youtube DSE video to see it. That's the only reason wanted to try out OLED before settling for a 65 inch TV.

Can someone tell me dimensions of 55" C1 stand? I've a 30cm wide, 90cm long table. I'm expecting my C1 to be delivered today and wanted to know if this table can fit it.

Can someone tell me dimensions of 55" C1 stand? I've a 30cm wide, 90cm long table. I'm expecting my C1 to be delivered today and wanted to know if this table can fit it.
The table can host the TV on stand. The stand is about 40" wide and 10" deep.
The stand may jut out a bit on the sides, but that should not be an issue.
Cheers,
Raghu

Did anyone else take table stand option for C1 55"? Installation guy called me today and said they only have wall mount right now and will order for table mount. It's second day from purchase, still tv is sitting in box sadly. Any idea if it's possible to turn on tv without properly mounting?

Did anyone else take table stand option for C1 55"? Installation guy called me today and said they only have wall mount right now and will order for table mount. It's second day from purchase, still tv is sitting in box sadly. Any idea if it's possible to turn on tv without properly mounting?
Don't turn on TV for the first time without the installation guy. If anything is wrong, you will be at fault.
Also without stand or wall mount, how will you watch TV. It is not a patient on a hospital bed :p
Cheers,
Raghu

Don't turn on TV for the first time without the installation guy. If anything is wrong, you will be at fault.
Also without stand or wall mount, how will you watch TV. It is not a patient on a hospital bed :p
Any idea how much time it will take for table mount to arrive? They're saying wall mount is common, readily available and table mount may take a few days. I opened box, only at the top, out of curiosity and can see that there's space for keeping the table mount.
WhatsApp Image 2021-11-17 at 6.19.25 PM.jpeg

I wonder why LG is not actually including it in the box. Also I can see in youtube unboxing like the one below that stand is included.
HDTV unboxing LG C1

I know it's risky to try to watch it without stands, but I'm growing a bit unpatient unable to watch it even 48 hours after purchase.

Congrats.

Cheers.
Sun'J
1) Don't have Tatasky - Have FireTV 4K - All looks good except Sports
2) Football/Cricket/F1 - All have issues due to quality of streaming. Some streaking effect for sure.

4k movies and good quality content - I am enjoying. Sports - Nope!

1) Don't have Tatasky - Have FireTV 4K - All looks good except Sports
2) Football/Cricket/F1 - All have issues due to quality of streaming. Some streaking effect for sure.

4k movies and good quality content - I am enjoying. Sports - Nope!
Hey,

Thanks for the response.

I got the C1.

Maybe I'll try some settings 'trumotion' etc. to make football easier on the eye.
Not a cricket consumer.
Waiting for this weekend to watch some Liv. v Ars. to check on the streaking effect and will try to fine tune from there.

Hey,

Thanks for the response.

I got the C1.

Maybe I'll try some settings 'trumotion' etc. to make football easier on the eye.
Not a cricket consumer.
Waiting for this weekend to watch some Liv. v Ars. to check on the streaking effect and will try to fine tune from there.
Set motion to smooth. Helps a lot in all content.

Try it again. Dont go by heresay and internet information.
I am not some one who goes by what the internet says.I have a c9 and telling by experience. So much soap and artefacts in smooth. This is a known fact. But if people are not sensitive to soap and artefacts by all means they can use it. Please don’t make statements like this. It implies I am simply typing something from the internet. You prefer smooth and find it resolving which I am not denying. But facts are facts. Smooth introduces soap and artefacts.

Last edited:
Talking of mounts, did anyone got both the mounts or do we get one of them only?
You have to choose which one you need. Either one not both. The table mount is a 2.5 feet huge carton box packed accessory and costs 8k atleast after market purchase.

I am not some one who goes by what the internet says.I have a c9 and telling by experience. So much soap and artefacts in smooth. This is a known fact. But if people are not sensitive to soap and artefacts by all means they can use it. Please don’t make statements like this. It implies I am simply typing something from the internet. You prefer smooth and find it resolving which I am not denying. But facts are facts. Smooth introduces soap and artefacts.
Well in my cx it doesn't introduce any noticeable artifacts and before enabling smooth I really struggled with motion and blurr in this tv.

Well in my cx it doesn't introduce any noticeable artifacts and before enabling smooth I really struggled with motion and blurr in this tv.
Yeah I remember reading in some thread you had issues with motion and glad smooth worked out for you. Motion interpolation in general is nothing but inserting new frames. So there is soap effect and artefacts introduced in 24p contents. I sometimes notice artefacts when motion is set to clear as well. In standard picture preset the motion in clear is like smooth in cinema mode so it’s even more noticeable for me in standard mode on the c9. Have not seen cx but that’s how motion interpolation works in every TV’s. If you want to know more you have very reliable articles and videos explaining this with real content. Some notice it and don’t prefer it and vice versa. I am not saying people have to avoid smooth. It’s a preference. We don’t have to watch our Tv’s with settings what others on the internet suggests and I am with you on that one but technically each picture presets, motion interpolation has its technical and practical differences which you can learn from reliable sources online and will be helpful. I watched in vivid and standard mode set at smooth most of the times for 5 years with my Sony 43 inches. Noticed so much soap and artefacts but didn’t bother me. Tried the same with c9 65 and it didn’t work for me. Moved to cinema mode and clear motion settings and I am in video nirvana. Learning about what picture presets and motion interpolation does from a member who was very knowledgeable but got banned helped me very much.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back