New Plasma by Panasonic - Viera P42G10 (Launched in India)

Chandru-9686451015. I had discussion with him on 1-July-09 (If you are not is hurry wait for 1 more week as I am trying to get good deal from Panasonic distributor, may be this Thursday I will be getting price list )

Yeah definitely man, let me know what the best price is, and if you can help me get it I would be more than greatful!!:) I planning on getting all my stuff from e-zone (setting up a new apartment) so Im trying to get a good price from them too... Let me know once u find out.

Chandru-9686451015. I had discussion with him on 1-July-09 (If you are not is hurry wait for 1 more week as I am trying to get good deal from Panasonic distributor, may be this Thursday I will be getting price list )

Hey any news on the price from the panasonic distributor?? I don't think I can wait for E-zone since they will take at least a week to get the TV and they haven't confirmed a price to me either. Do you think you can speak to the Pana distributor and help me get this TV by thursday or Friday?? I would really appreciate it if you can help me. U can call me as well if you hear anything, my number is +91 9900655886 (bangalore number). Thanks buddy!

Hey any news on the price from the panasonic distributor?? I don't think I can wait for E-zone since they will take at least a week to get the TV and they haven't confirmed a price to me either. Do you think you can speak to the Pana distributor and help me get this TV by thursday or Friday?? I would really appreciate it if you can help me. U can call me as well if you hear anything, my number is +91 9900655886 (bangalore number). Thanks buddy!

Today I discussed with him and he told me that friday or saturday only he can give me updates on this.I am also desperate to have this ASAP but do not want to throw money. my advice wait for some more days as you will get something instead of losing money. Once I get updates from him I will update you. If we negotiate for 2 unit then I am sure we will get very good price from him.

15-July-09 Tech also wanted to buy this.
<Hi Mate,
Even i am interested in the Plasma series and i am looking for G10/X10 series, count me also for this and we will negotiate a good deal with him, My No is 9900171017, do call me if we can visit the shop.
Regards
Tech>

Last edited:
Today I discussed with him and he told me that friday or saturday only he can give me updates on this.I am also desperate to have this ASAP but do not want to throw money. my advice wait for some more days as you will get something instead of losing money. Once I get updates from him I will update you. If we negotiate for 2 unit then I am sure we will get very good price from him.

15-July-09 Tech also wanted to buy this.
<Hi Mate,
Even i am interested in the Plasma series and i am looking for G10/X10 series, count me also for this and we will negotiate a good deal with him, My No is 9900171017, do call me if we can visit the shop.
Regards
Tech>

Hey was good to talk to you today... So i guess we will speak again on Friday right. If three of us go to the store on Friday or Saturday, we should be able to negotiate a good price. Keep me updated as to what the plan is... I cant wait to get a hold of this TV!!!:)

i'm getting a quote of 70k frm pune... havent been able to confirm if this model is THX certified as the indian site says it's not..... will buy the set if it is.... vijay sales and sumaria still has not got it in mumbai... so might pick it up frm pune...

i'm getting a quote of 70k frm pune... havent been able to confirm if this model is THX certified as the indian site says it's not..... will buy the set if it is.... vijay sales and sumaria still has not got it in mumbai... so might pick it up frm pune...

Hey Esma1981, can you confirm where you got the quote in Pune? I wanted to see the plasma before I can decide.

you can get it frm any of the panny brand stores.... thr r currently 3 in pune.... u'll get the address frm panasonic.co.in ....... u can get it for 68k i think.... my only doubt is y is the model without THX.... do it mean that the model is different from the internationally used g10 series.... need to clarify that before buying....

Hi,

The plasmas consumes more electricity than LCDs(about 400W Vs 220 for lcds) . Is it right?
Still i found more are interested in buying plasma panels. What are the finer points which draws more towards plasmas eventhough they consume more power.

Hello Freinds,

I have broken my Plasma TV ( Hitachi ) while bringing down to India from Dubai, do you have contact to fix this ... I am in Chennai / India.

Hi,

The plasmas consumes more electricity than LCDs(about 400W Vs 220 for lcds) . Is it right?
Still i found more are interested in buying plasma panels. What are the finer points which draws more towards plasmas eventhough they consume more power.
well actualy only a small percentage of people go for plasma,the reason being some prefer the PQ of plasmas.some buy it for VFM,since similar sized/performance lcd cost more.
power consumption isn't a big deal in terms of monthly electricty bill ,lets say a similar sized plasma consume about 220watts more then a lcd,then if u watch for 8hrs a day then that amounts to Rs134* a month more then lcd.

but in terms of green well imagine if that potential plasma owners switched to lcd,then people in the village who faces far more power cuts compared to us in a city can finaly get to switch on a fan,light and a small tv with that 220watts the plasma owner saved.even 29inch crt tvs consume a lot,a 32inch lcd can consume less* then a 21inch crt.

Hello Freinds,

I have broken my Plasma TV ( Hitachi ) while bringing down to India from Dubai, do you have contact to fix this ... I am in Chennai / India.

well if the panel in broken then u might as well buy a new tv,a person in another forum was asked more then the price of a new panasonic pv8 to replace a hitachi 42inch panel.

Last edited:
so now we are 4 (Panasonic - Viera P42G10).:clapping:
Srinivas
Ram
Kiran
Ranjeet

Guys, today I had discussion with Panasonic guy and he told me that tomorrow by 12 noon he will update me with final price.Once I get updates I will inform you people.
Ranjeet-9901111550

no turning back now.... just paid the dealer for the g10..... 67k.... got it frm nagpur.... dealer will courier the tv to mumbai..... will get it mostly on monday....

i know the tv has issues with Standered Definition..... if i find it too annoying... will pick up a denon 1910/2310 for upscaling.... wanned to buy it anyways on a later stage.....

g10 x $$$ + denon 1910 x $$$ = samsung 7 series (led) lcd tv x $$$

Guys, today I had discussion with Panasonic guy and he told me that tomorrow by 12 noon he will update me with final price.Once I get updates I will inform you people.
Ranjeet-9901111550

hey guys, its 12.30 now. We should go to the store soon. I've been reading reviews of this TV and its def one of the best TVs in the market internationally. Panasonic has a few higher end models but they are not available in India. Anyways the G10 has won the 2009 C-net award for best TV, which is a good achievement! The black levels are really deep and bring out the picture very well. Anyways, enough said let's go and buy this thing :licklips:!! Waiting for ur call ranjeet..

no turning back now.... just paid the dealer for the g10..... 67k.... got it frm nagpur.... dealer will courier the tv to mumbai..... will get it mostly on monday....

i know the tv has issues with Standered Definition..... if i find it too annoying... will pick up a denon 1910/2310 for upscaling.... wanned to buy it anyways on a later stage.....

g10 x $$$ + denon 1910 x $$$ = samsung 7 series (led) lcd tv x $$$

Hey when u say standard def, u are refering to tata sky, airtel, etc. Right? Can u give us more info about the denon 1910/2310. I would def be interested in picking it up if it can increase the picture resolution if that's even possible??? What does it do and what's the cost?

Hey when u say standard def, u are refering to tata sky, airtel, etc. Right? Can u give us more info about the denon 1910/2310. I would def be interested in picking it up if it can increase the picture resolution if that's even possible??? What does it do and what's the cost?

everything that is below 720p is SD...i.e. all satellite tv sources in india,dvd..... you can get info about denon from Profx - Advanced Audio Solutions... they are the offical dist. for denon in india(but overpriced)... cheaper if some friend can get u one frm abroad...

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back