New Plasma by Panasonic - Viera P42G10 (Launched in India)

Ram, We got the final price and now we are going to buy this () Panasonic Brand shop, Jaya nagar). we do not have your no. If possible call us on 9901111550.

Hey guys,

can you share what's the final discounted price you are getting? I am sure more people will be interested in it (including myself).

Thanks.

Regards,
Arun

congrats on the order. do keep us posted about your experience!

no turning back now.... just paid the dealer for the g10..... 67k.... got it frm nagpur.... dealer will courier the tv to mumbai..... will get it mostly on monday....

i know the tv has issues with Standered Definition..... if i find it too annoying... will pick up a denon 1910/2310 for upscaling.... wanned to buy it anyways on a later stage.....

g10 x $$$ + denon 1910 x $$$ = samsung 7 series (led) lcd tv x $$$

Hey guys,

can you share what's the final discounted price you are getting? I am sure more people will be interested in it (including myself).

Thanks.

Regards,
Arun

Hello
Saturday we have ordered for "Panasonic - Viera P42G10" and final price was 64000/- Good deal :clapping: Let me know if any one interested I will share other details also.

Kiran: Please share your experience with new G10 and other setup details.

Last edited:
Hello
Saturday we have ordered for "Panasonic - Viera P42G10" and final price was 64000/- Good deal :clapping: Let me know if any one interested I will share other details also.

Kiran: Please share your experience with new G10 and other setup details.

Congratulations!

Was looking at the Panasonic website and it says Power Consumption for G10 as 445W. That's huge! Is that a typo on the website?

Other than the NeoPDP what is the major difference between the G10 & the all time favourite (on this forum) PV8? Is the price difference between the 2 really giving that many more features other than the NeoPDP screen?

Till now we have had only talks on G10 on our forum,as most users have Pv8 or Pv80 or sammy, now as rs has bout a G10 congratulations on your purchase and it will be great if once operational you can share your review and experience with other users ...

Congratulations!

Was looking at the Panasonic website and it says Power Consumption for G10 as 445W. That's huge! Is that a typo on the website?

Other than the NeoPDP what is the major difference between the G10 & the all time favourite (on this forum) PV8? Is the price difference between the 2 really giving that many more features other than the NeoPDP screen?

well the NeoPDP panel can show much brighter images then other plasmas,still won't match the lcds but neverthless a improvement over the PY850/800 series but with sligthly improved contrast.
the PV8 on the other hand has less then 1/3rd the contrast of the G10 ,its also just HD ready.the 600hz sub drive in the newer plasmas improves power efficiency,in the case of G10 since it now shows brighter images the max power consumption has increased,but if by design it didn't have 600hz sub drive the power consumption would have been a quite lot more.

Got a Viera 42X10 installed last week:
  • Amazing picture Quality (On Digicable STB)
  • Viewing distance 9 Feet - comfortable.
  • Audio Quality is Average

As for the price - I paid (not to be quoted price) Rs. 51000/-.

Now Please don't ask how:yahoo:

Regards,

Ishlesh

Hi Kiran/Ram/Ranjeet,

How is the performance of your new Pana G10, i guess you are hooked onto your sets that you dont have time to update:). We all are eager to know abt the performance.

Hi Kiran/Ram/Ranjeet,

How is the performance of your new Pana G10, i guess you are hooked onto your sets that you dont have time to update:). We all are eager to know abt the performance.

Hello
Yesterday I got G10 with 50 movies (21 in Kannada, and I do not know kannada :sad::sad:) and performance is really good. thanks guys for valuable inputs. Need to spend some time to learn functions of it.

Last edited:
congrats on the order. do keep us posted about your experience!

got the tv delivered yesterday afternoon... guess what... i had to go out of town the very same day.. came back home at 12am... unboxed the set at 1:30am.... i've not wall mounted the set... as i didnt want the distance to be more than 2x/2.5x the screen size....

Hello Guys
Need one more suggestion.Need to buy DTH. Can any one please suggest which one is good in terms of Picture quality. And DVD player which should have HDMI option. Any suggestion about this.

Last edited:
Hello Guys
Need one more suggestion.Need to buy DTH. Can any one please suggest which one is good in terms of Picture quality. And DVD player which should have HDMI option. Any suggestion about this.

Check out IPTV from Airtel or TataSky+ which give component video and digital sound out.
You need a Blu ray for utilizing the G10's potential of FullHD and subsequently HDMI.
Normal DVD probably can't even store those kinds of data required for a full length fullHD movie. The normal DVD players with HDMI most likely does upscaling/upconversion.

Go for a blu-ray or a PS3. Again (blu-ray player vs PS3 is a discussion on its own).:)
-Ram

Check out IPTV from Airtel or TataSky+ which give component video and digital sound out.
You need a Blu ray for utilizing the G10's potential of FullHD and subsequently HDMI.
Normal DVD probably can't even store those kinds of data required for a full length fullHD movie. The normal DVD players with HDMI most likely does upscaling/upconversion.

Go for a blu-ray or a PS3. Again (blu-ray player vs PS3 is a discussion on its own).:)
-Ram

Why not "cheap " HD players like
1) WD TV - 1080 P Video ,NO Hd Audio -least you can enjoy video
2) X streamer
3) NMT ( Experts pls comment)
4) HTPC Etc
-with this you can enjoy full 1080 P Glory!!

hey guys any idea if larger screen sizes like 46" n 50" are available in either S or G series in india?..
viewing distance of my living room is quite large at 14 to 15 feet min so anything smaller would be a strain...
thinking of going for the 50" 5 series plasma from sammy, its available at a steal of 85k...

hey guys any idea if larger screen sizes like 46" n 50" are available in either S or G series in india?..
viewing distance of my living room is quite large at 14 to 15 feet min so anything smaller would be a strain...
thinking of going for the 50" 5 series plasma from sammy, its available at a steal of 85k...

hey can u give me some detail of the 85k stuff?
ur city?
and which 5 series model basically?

hey can u give me some detail of the 85k stuff?
ur city?
and which 5 series model basically?

hey aki,
Was talking about the PS50B550 in bangalore, the quoted price was 90k, but the dealer was ready to shave off 5.
Just recently auditioned one, well not exactly because the dealer was very reluctant about a plasma as they all are. Anyway, so could only audition wit a tata sky connected via composite!!! so no comments on the picture quality yet.
And the darn thing has almost no expert reviews on the net, so still reluctant to get one. So hunting for a decent dealer wit one on display and willingness to sell one!!!

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back