New Plasma by Panasonic - Viera P42G10 (Launched in India)

Yea just checked the site, The G10 & S10 are the Full HD models with 2,073,600 (1,920 x 1,080) pixels, and the G10 has the latest G12 Progressive Full-HD NeoPDP (Plasma Display Panel)

Last edited:
Hi All
I have Just called Panasonic Brand shop, Koramangala about TH-P42G10D and TH-P42S10D and sales guy told me that final cost for P42G10D would be 69000/- and for P42S10D would be 68000/-. When I asked details about "NeoPDP" they said it comes with G10 and it will consume less power but specification says G10 consumes 445 W and S10 consumes 350W.Can any one provide more details on this as I have a plan to buy this weekend.And which one is good S10 or G10?
Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• untitled.zip
    16.5 KB · Views: 33
Well when i did a comparison on their website it said that G10 had the latest neo panel.

But surprisingly the power consumption for S10 is less, but native contrast ratio of 40000:1 is higher in G10 also it has the 600hz sub field drive.

The s10 native contrast ratio is 30000:1 and it has 550hz sub field drive.

Well G10 has better contrast ratio and 600hz sub field drive.

Well why not get the brochure from Panasonic showroom and compare the specifications for both the models as mentioned on the brochure.

Personally i feel G10 is better as it has higher contrast ratio and 600hz sub field drive. Cost wise difference is not much ...

Hi All
I have Just called Panasonic Brand shop, Koramangala about TH-P42G10D and TH-P42S10D and sales guy told me that final cost for P42G10D would be 69000/- and for P42S10D would be 68000/-. When I asked details about "NeoPDP" they said it comes with G10 and it will consume less power but specification says G10 consumes 445 W and S10 consumes 350W.Can any one provide more details on this as I have a plan to buy this weekend.And which one is good S10 or G10?
Thanks in advance.

well the main difference panel wise is that the G10 which has the NeoPDP is that it can show much brighter images then other plasmas,so when u crank up the brightness of G10 it will consume more remember those ratings are the maximum power consumption of the TV.
to put in simple worlds the g10 is the better model,apart from the above it has a 600hz sub field drive vs 400hz sub field drive.

I am posting this, so that it might be helpful for others

Self Check Menu - Hold -V on the panel and {Menu} on the remote. Do not go there if you do not know what you are doing (this will reset all your internal settings)

3678297947_48f71565b3.jpg

Service Menu to check number of hours run on panel (Do not go there if you do not know what you are doing)
* Hold down the {VOL -} button ON THE PLASMA.
* Press the {RECALL} button on the remote control 3 times.
* The Service Menu will be displayed with the following menus: ADJUST, WD-ADJUST, OPTION, AGING, SRV-TOOL. The {1} & {2} buttons move through menus (up/down).
* Press the {2} button once to select "SRV-TOOL".
* Then press the {OK} button to access it.
* Using the cursor keys, * highlight * the empty right side of the last option: PTCT :00.00.00.00.00
* Then press and hold the {MUTE} button for 3 seconds.
* Time and Count will be displayed in red color.
TIME = Hours and minutes of operation.​
COUNT = Times the Plasma was powered on.​
* To exit, press and hold the {POWER} button on the Plasma for few seconds.

3678297965_2786834cc7.jpg

3679116634_d57a7fa1cc.jpg

Hi All
Thanks in advance.

even i was waiting for these models..
i got the rates 68000 for g10 and 61000 for s10.. along wid a scratch card..
and yeah the power consumption is true even i asked the same..

Hi friends,

Can someone explain me what an SD link is? It is given as a spec for G10.

Thanks

ash

The g10 SD card slot can scale images on a usb stick to 1080p - that can be used by panasonic to imply SDlink. Additionally g10 engine upgrades 480p SD signals to 1080p with much lesser artifacts and noise than earlier panels. But IMHO its just the former.

hi friends
there is 42 HD LCD-panasonic availabe in market.
and as per dealer info this week time panasonic will start selling HD plasma also.

anybody has reveiw about this new pana -42-HD-LCD tv.i checked it in frist look colors are bright and sharpe. but i had juts glimpse of this model. no detail comparison

bye
thank you
:)

hi friends
there is 42 HD LCD-panasonic availabe in market.
and as per dealer info this week time panasonic will start selling HD plasma also.

anybody has reveiw about this new pana -42-HD-LCD tv.i checked it in frist look colors are bright and sharpe. but i had juts glimpse of this model. no detail comparison

bye
thank you
:)

the panasonic 42inch lcd uses a LG panel,if u compare it with a plasma the difference in black levels are huge.i.e the panny lcd as poor blacks resulting in poor ansi contrast.

I wish these Pana plasma's were designed a bit better. Even the newer models looks so drab and unattractive compared to the new models from most other manufacturers, especially Philips. See this model

42PFL7409_98-GAL-global

The V10, G15 and flagship Z10 (or is it Z1?) look very nice. Its just that Panasonic has decided not to sell these in India (as of now).

Yesterday I had discussion with one of Panasonic guy and he told me that next couple of days G10 will be available in local market and cost would be less also.If any has plan to buy this wait till next week and inquire with Devi International in Jayanagar near madhavan park.

I wish these Pana plasma's were designed a bit better. Even the newer models looks so drab and unattractive compared to the new models from most other manufacturers, especially Philips. See this model

42PFL7409_98-GAL-global

In India Philips in LCD market on Death bed -and it si a HUGE risk to buy LCDs like Philips where company is moving away from consumer electronics markrt..

Yesterday I had discussion with one of Panasonic guy and he told me that next couple of days G10 will be available in local market and cost would be less also.If any has plan to buy this wait till next week and inquire with Devi International in Jayanagar near madhavan park.

hey!
the recent update for g10 wid me is 68k ...
and for s10 is 61k
(though mumbai alpha price is 55k for s10!)
got any valuable input?

Hi All
Thanks in advance.

hi, I am at the koromangala store and the sales person says that the min price is 75K for the G10. Can u let me know who u spoke to cus I don't want to end up paying 6k more than I have to. Also was ur price of 69 before tax or after tax? This guy says 75 after tax

hey!
the recent update for g10 wid me is 68k ...
and for s10 is 61k
(though mumbai alpha price is 55k for s10!)
got any valuable input?

Alpha if giving receipt - a good priced store...
For panasonic check Kohinoor prices also
Also lakozy @ girgaum chaupty sells panasonic

hi, I am at the koromangala store and the sales person says that the min price is 75K for the G10. Can u let me know who u spoke to cus I don't want to end up paying 6k more than I have to. Also was ur price of 69 before tax or after tax? This guy says 75 after tax

Chandru-9686451015. I had discussion with him on 1-July-09 (If you are not is hurry wait for 1 more week as I am trying to get good deal from Panasonic distributor, may be this Thursday I will be getting price list )

Last edited:
Back