Panasonic P42X20D/X10D Owners Thread (Settings, Problems, Impressions, Questions)

My X20 was set up yesterday.
Here is the photo.

Where is the photo? Is it me, my computer or is it you? because I don't see any photo!!!!!:confused:

I don't have a blue ray player yet. Planning to buy an HDMI cable and connect my laptop to play some HD samples.

Don't buy a bluray player. Opt instead for a media player. Reason is that content that can be played on media player is much cheaper and more freely available, than bluray.

That might be true. Also, need to consider the fact that when X20 was released, the price was similar to x10, but they omitted the cool audio features which was there in X10 (but introduced a better panel). I am thinking about the panel. If they release a new panel (may be 14) with better features next month, that would be a better option right?
And anyone know about the best price in bangalore? In almost all the stores like reliance, girias, pai, e-zone, the price is 39900. Can I bargain for the price? If anyone is interested in group buy (Bangalore), please let me know. The best price I heard was 36k, but he is not providing finance option.

hi i booked panny42x20 + (free) sansui 22"lcd from croma bangalore for 39990.(extra i was getting 5% cash back on mastercard).but the only hitch is it may be delivered after 2 weeks.what do you think is it a good price or not.

It is not the lowest price, but considering the free 22" LCD that you can sell for at least 7000/- it is a good deal.

hi i booked panny42x20 + (free) sansui 22"lcd from croma bangalore for 39990.(extra i was getting 5% cash back on mastercard).but the only hitch is it may be delivered after 2 weeks.what do you think is it a good price or not.

Which Croma outlet was this? I might be interested in this as an additional model.

At Sadashivnagar they have no bundled product with the 42x20 but they offer a VU/Croma brand 22" LCD with the Samsung c450 @ 46990/-

Hi Guys,

I am negotiating the price for X20D for a group buy in Bangalore through AskBhai, do let me know if you are interested. The quote that I am getting right now it 36.5K for one TV. I am confident that he will reduce by at least a thousand for group buy.

Also, you can pay on delivery.

Cheers,
CD

Hi All
Owners please clarify.
I saw X20D in 3 shops. What I felt was the moving picture edges were not clear compared to the samsung/lg plasma models nearby (same feed). So I was able to make out the lines(like hair) better in other models. Any owners seeing this? Please let me know if that was the problem with the settings in the shop. I have this doubt because I saw it in 2 out of 3 shops. The first 2 were playing HD contents while the 3rd was playing SD(which was very clear of course).

Go for what you feel is best. If you feel Samsung/LG gives better picture quality then go for either one.

Hi guys,

I just got my X20 delivered at the door step. I took help from "askbhai" in the deal and got a price of 37.5K.

The key highlight was cash on delivery. The delivery guy was not ready to open the package but I insisted that I will pay only after he opens.

So he had to open it and thanks to the knowledge sharing in the forum, I checked the timer counters through service menu. Both the counters say 1 & 1. I think that means the TV has been running for 1 min and has been switched on just one time. So I happy to have my peace of mind.

Again, thanks for askbhai who made sure that I get the delivery and installation today. The Panasonic service guys will be here at 7:30 PM to install and wall mount.

Will post reviews once it's installed and I have seen some content.

Cheers,
CD

Hi jayarajthulsi,

I think you are already in touch with Gurminder.

Cheers,
CD

Hi All
Owners please clarify.
I saw X20D in 3 shops. What I felt was the moving picture edges were not clear compared to the samsung/lg plasma models nearby (same feed). So I was able to make out the lines(like hair) better in other models. Any owners seeing this? Please let me know if that was the problem with the settings in the shop. I have this doubt because I saw it in 2 out of 3 shops. The first 2 were playing HD contents while the 3rd was playing SD(which was very clear of course).

Hi laddan, jairaj,
Could you tell me the dealer in Bangalore that guys dealt with? Need to buy one tomorrow itself.

cheers,
Ajith

Dealer : Gruha Vaibhav, Jaynagar
Model : 42x20
Price : Very competitive

I placed the order over the phone on tuesday morning and had the set delivered by 8pm the same evening. Payment on delivery option.

Cal 41214174 and ask for Umesh. You can refer my name, say the 42x20 purchase from RT.Nagar yesterday and friend of Mr.Satish.

3 year warranty from panasonic and the panasonic engineers will visit today.

Also there seems to be no stock of 42x20 in most places, I tried a lot of dealers.

Croma, BEL road has stocks.

My unit is a December 2010 import.

Good luck guys!

Hi Ajith
AskBhai will provide good deals. U need to send an SMS AB <product and Model> to 54545 and they will call u the same day itself. Please let me know the price u got. I got a quote of 37k yesterday from some dealer in Jayanagar.

Hi guys,

I just got my X20 delivered at the door step. I took help from "askbhai" in the deal and got a price of 37.5K.

The key highlight was cash on delivery. The delivery guy was not ready to open the package but I insisted that I will pay only after he opens.

So he had to open it and thanks to the knowledge sharing in the forum, I checked the timer counters through service menu. Both the counters say 1 & 1. I think that means the TV has been running for 1 min and has been switched on just one time. So I happy to have my peace of mind.

Again, thanks for askbhai who made sure that I get the delivery and installation today. The Panasonic service guys will be here at 7:30 PM to install and wall mount.

t reviews once it's installed and I have seen some content.

Cheers,
CD

congrats on ur panny:clapping:..can u share or the post on how to check the timer counters

Hi everyone,
Thanks to this thread, finally I bought my x20d today for 38K in Bangalore. However, I am a bit frustrated with the settings. The same SD reception was looking better in the showroom.

Could you share what Contrast, Brightness, Colour, Sharpness settings are you guys using? I am on 35/0/40/50 now and eco mode off.

DVD viewing is excellent though :)

Cheers,
Ajith

Hi everyone,
Thanks to this thread, finally I bought my x20d today for 38K in Bangalore. However, I am a bit frustrated with the settings. The same SD reception was looking better in the showroom.

Could you share what Contrast, Brightness, Colour, Sharpness settings are you guys using? I am on 35/0/40/50 now and eco mode off.

DVD viewing is excellent though :)

Cheers,
Ajith

The same SD reception is bound to look better in showroom because the display in showroom was in Store mode, and the store mode is also known as torch mode (i.e. settings are maxed out to catch your attention). If you want the same showroom type picture then set it at Dynamic. But this is not recommended . Your current settings are fine, you should keep it this way till 100 hours at least.

Hey junkmail I'm getting this exact same issue on my X20. About an hour back the TV automatically went dim as if there weren't any signal. Pressing any button on the remote gets things back to normal but it keeps dimming every five minutes. Have you got your problem sorted out yet?

shredder i noticed that this problem comes only if you have browsed service menu during that session(interval between tv on and off). just switch off and switch on again, do not go to service menu and no dimming will be there.

Dang.. I thought, I have a faulty TV but browsed the manual and they have mentioned about it. However, I am yet to verify whether the dimming (low contrast they say) happens only if service menu is pressed during the session. I guess, it happens even otherwise. Got to check this evening. Anyhow, it's an irritating feature :)

I am yet to reach 150 hrs. Hope, I can raise the contrast and sharpness a bit after that.. :p

shredder i noticed that this problem comes only if you have browsed service menu during that session(interval between tv on and off). just switch off and switch on again, do not go to service menu and no dimming will be there.

What junkmail says is absolutely correct. No access of service menu = no dimming.
I am guessing that you are constantly accessing service menu because you are following the "break-in" procedure, and want to get it over with as fast as possible.

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back