Panasonic V20 Owners Thread (Settings, Problems, Impressions, Questions)

HI Guys, I just bought a P42V20D last weekend and still going through setting it up etc. I need your help to confirm if it's time to go to war with the dealer based on the information below.

SRV-TOOL P42V20D | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

In case image is not visible my values for usage hours shows
PTCT:00:00:00:00:00 | Time 00524:15 Count 0000218

Is this the actual hours count or do I need to divide by 256 as I read some where on the net?

I'll post more details once I sort this out.

clearly an used piece.seems to be used for atleast 2-3 months as a demo piece.give the dealer a piece of your mind and put the fear of god in them for trying to fob you off with this.unless ofcourse,you did know that you were buying an old one.

My P42V20D is dead. After a bit of gaming, it refused to start up the next day morning. The red light kept flashing 4 times. Panasonic technicians came in the next day and said that the power supply board had been shot because of extreme voltage fluctuations. This is despite the fact that I had hooked up the TV to a VGuard Digital stabilizer. The technician said that these stabilizers were no good and I had to get one of those expensive ones for 10K!
Is there any truth in this? If so, are there any suggestions regarding the model number etc etc?

My P42V20D is dead. After a bit of gaming, it refused to start up the next day morning. The red light kept flashing 4 times. Panasonic technicians came in the next day and said that the power supply board had been shot because of extreme voltage fluctuations. This is despite the fact that I had hooked up the TV to a VGuard Digital stabilizer. The technician said that these stabilizers were no good and I had to get one of those expensive ones for 10K!
Is there any truth in this? If so, are there any suggestions regarding the model number etc etc?

I had the exact same issue 3 days before. See my previous post in this thread.

My v20 went dead yesterday. 4 blinking red light and the display wont turn on. A week before it went dead intermittent white horizontal lines started to come on HDMI inputs. Today the service engineer came and said that the "scan board" is shorted. He is going to order a new board.

My equipments are well protected with backup, stabilizer and surge protectors. Also the TV is like only 3 months old. Very disappointed.

Anybody else faced the same issue?

^^^

How is the earthing in your apartment, I am not saying that this could be the reason but needless to say in most cases earthing wires were not even connected to the sockets by the electricians, its like a taboo or something for them to connect it :mad:

Last edited:
^^ Yes the board is brand new shipped from their chennai office. For some reason the service center manager was calling me twice himself everyday and updating me on the status even the tracking status of the board shipment :) btw I am from bangalore.

Hi Guys,

This is my first post! Thanks to Hi-fi for having such a forum. It has been really useful to zero in on this plasma.
Is it true that 42V20 is now discontinued?
I am planning to buy 50V20. Can someone let me know what is the current price offered ? Is samsung 51D550 (New Model) comparable with 50V20?

Regards,
Raghu

Panasonic has stopped 42 V20 Model. :( , They are compelling us to go for VT model with a higher price. I was lucky to get hold of this unit 8 months ago and still its good as ever.

guys. Hows the New 42ST30 model? Any reviews? I find the spec at pair with the high end models. The G14 panel and the infinite black pro. with 3D.

Hi,

I have purchased 42 V20 and after studying the manual the sound settings shows equalizer on pg no 25. But my tv settings do not show this .
Could anyone has the equalizer settings with 42 V20 model .

ST30 has some serious Motion artifacting issues. I have not seen it personally. But someone else in this forum has bought and complained about it.
It is also present in this review : Panasonic TC-P50ST30 Plasma 3D HDTV Review - TelevisionInfo.com

Moreover, this panel is supposed to be "just" $200 more than PN51D550. Instead, the 42inch ST-30 is more expensive than 51-inch Samsung... I wonder what Panasonic has in mind.
I'm hoping that Panasonic fixes this issue via firmware update, and drop the panel prices...

guys. Hows the New 42ST30 model? Any reviews? I find the spec at pair with the high end models. The G14 panel and the infinite black pro. with 3D.

Got 50V20 for 80K from Gurgaon 3 days back!!! Superb build quality. Am not impressed with the black levels as of now. Haven't calibrated the TV yet, but out of the box black levels are disappointing.
Am using the burn in slides from av forums. Shall I wait for the burn in to get completed before I calibrate?
I've paired it up with my PS3.

Panasonic 50V20D - 78k Price, including delivery + installation + 3 years extended warranty.

Contact - Umesh - 9632925205 - (Aadishwar, Marathahalli - Bangalore)

I was under the impression that the V20s are THX certified, and today I was looking for THX option, and could not find because it didn't exist.

I think it does have THC certification in some countries.

Hi, the V20 is THX certified in other markets but for the Indian market they have removed the THX mode and replaced it with True Cinema mode. The VT20, the 3D version does include the THX mode.

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back