Panasonic V20 Owners Thread (Settings, Problems, Impressions, Questions)

the actual power consumption should be much lesser, anyway 1400va should be enough

Re: 1400VA inverter for P50V20D?

Guys,

Can a 1400VA Sukam Inverter support P50V20D? The TV power rating is 415 Watts. I got diverse feedback at devi international. The place where we reside is prone to frequent powercuts and i would not like the TV to be damaged or the viewing experience eroded coz of these outages.

For voltage fluctuations, shouldn't one go for a stabilizer rather than an inverter? In fact, I too am thinking of buying one, just evaluating the logistics of keeping it in the right location.

Re: 1400VA inverter for P50V20D?

For voltage fluctuations, shouldn't one go for a stabilizer rather than an inverter? In fact, I too am thinking of buying one, just evaluating the logistics of keeping it in the right location.

This is more so about power outages and not voltage fluctuations. We have got a 1400VA inverter at home and my concern is, whether it can take the load of P50V20 during frequent outages. If you are going for inverter, please factor in your TV load. P50V20 has a demand of around 400 watts.

Re: Viewing distance for P50V20D?

What is the minimum viewing distance for P50V20? At home, between the walls we have 10 feet and the max we can manage is 8 feet from TV to seating. Would this suffice? Is it good for watching SD channels?

Please advice.

What is the minimum viewing distance for P50V20? At home, between the walls we have 10 feet and the max we can manage is 8 feet from TV to seating. Would this suffice? Is it good for watching SD channels?

Please advice.

HD would look great but SD will look compromised. You need 12 feet for SD.
But, after getting HD DTH connection, my SD viewing is only 20%, hence thought of moving to 50". If you watch >50% SD programs, it does not make sense for your room.

But, after getting HD DTH connection, my SD viewing is only 20%, hence thought of moving to 50". If you watch >50% SD programs, it does not make sense for your room.

what woud be necessary distance for sd viewing in 42"v20

This is to all the owners of 42v20 who are using it for an year approximately

after a year of usage, have you guys observed any noticable diff in black levels ?
thanks

How much buzzing is standard and how much is worrisome?

When its on mute, I can definitely hear the buzzing, cant hear it when playing anything, should I be worried?

Yon should not worry about buzzing, if its not audible when something is playing in the TV. I also hear buzzing when I hear at back of the TV. No need to worry, Until till its tolerable and doesnt inrerfere with regular watching ang listening.

Hi

I'm considering buying a 42V20 but i have some doubts. In my country we also get the asian model (TH-P42V20) and according the the model specs it has an "Infinite Black" panel instead of the "Infinite black pro" panel found on the TX-PV42V20. does it mean the asian model produce inferior black levels?
Anyone had the chance to compare between the infinite black and the pro panels?

Thank you in advance! :)

Hi

I'm considering buying a 42V20 but i have some doubts. In my country we also get the asian model (TH-P42V20) and according the the model specs it has an "Infinite Black" panel instead of the "Infinite black pro" panel found on the TX-PV42V20. does it mean the asian model produce inferior black levels?
Anyone had the chance to compare between the infinite black and the pro panels?

Thank you in advance! :)
If you have both options available, go for TX P42V20 as it has infinite black PRO pannel..
yes it produces better blacks theoretically (as no-one would get a chance to compare both side by side in india)
again TX model has THX cerification, asian model doesn't have..
so choice is very much clear I suppose...

perfect advice!!!

Unfortunately in Bangalore power down time has increased drastically :(
I want to install a UPS for my 42V20. Any recommendations? We've a generator backup in our apartment, so I am looking for a 5 minutes backup option.

Does anyone know about the wifidongle which will work with VT20?
How much does official panasonic dongle cost?

BTW, Does V20 have network capabilities? Sorry if wrong thread.

yes, It has..V20 has wifi as well as ethernet port.. but Viera cast has limited options..and it also requires LAN adaptor..I think it will require wireless router too...

BTW I am not able to connect through my ethernet port to network..
after entering details manually, it fails at the last step..
can any one help?

My another question is how can we use dLNA feature of v20?
i have a laptop with inbuilt wifi.. can i play video files through dlna as stated by site? If yes, which files?

Does anyone know about the wifidongle which will work with VT20?
How much does official panasonic dongle cost?

BTW, Does V20 have network capabilities? Sorry if wrong thread.

The official one costs around 4-5k; it appears there is a netgear version which will also work which is cheaper. It costs around 30 gbp in amazon uk. I didnt buy it as I couldnt know for sure if it will work with our model.

Yes, to the second question

yes, It has..V20 has wifi as well as ethernet port.. but Viera cast has limited options..and it also requires LAN adaptor..I think it will require wireless router too...

BTW I am not able to connect through my ethernet port to network..
after entering details manually, it fails at the last step..
can any one help?

My another question is how can we use dLNA feature of v20?
i have a laptop with inbuilt wifi.. can i play video files through dlna as stated by site? If yes, which files?

Us a wired connection, and choose auto for easier config. There are very few files that the dlna plays. I think only mpeg2 if i remember right. Its good for youtube and such but not for movies/music.

ok than nothing much to expect from DLNA..thanks for the reply..
we need media player for movies for sure..
and I will try auto mode..

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back