Panasonic V20 Owners Thread (Settings, Problems, Impressions, Questions)

If your PC has a graphics card with HDMI out you can connect directly to TV or your AVR , use the panny wifi keyboard with your PC and you are all set. :)

If your PC has a graphics card with HDMI out you can connect directly to TV or your AVR , use the panny wifi keyboard with your PC and you are all set. :)
yes, my laptop has graphics card as well as HDMI port and cable and I am able to watch movies directly..
but as HDMI cable is shorter one and TV is in hall and laptop is in bedroom, its inconvenient to use it frequently...
If DLNA works out, it will be very easy to use as I just need one cat5 cable connection and won,t need media player also...
@satan, I got your point and thanks very much for help and support..I find it a very useful except that we can,t zoom so all contents will look small..but i will check it out and will confirm about 50V20..
yes , you can start a new thread as this information is very important and very difficult to find..but as it is a settings thread too, it is not inappropriate here..

I've a direct PC to TV connection via a Cat5 cable. Where do I specify the computer IP details? In the media server settings screen?

Computer
IP: 192.168.2.1
Subnet: 255.255.255.0

PS3 Media Server doesn't really need any additional settings. It will take care of itself.

You need to configure your network adapter and change the IP there. If you are still in doubt on how to manually change your IP address, look it up online. There are plenty of novice guides advising you on how to do just that.

Correct, got it figured out, just had to move the HDMI input in the TV from #1 to #2 which is the ARC enabled one.
And then had to change the audio out settings from the TV speakers to Home Cinema.. and voila!

I am not able to use media server facility on my v20..
I searched a lot..read entire process on microsoft site and panasonic site..
I have followed each of steps as indicated by Satan.. but still not able to do so..
I get message"server not found"..
my cat5 cable is working and there is blinking towards my laptop end..
so my cable is working..even I have changed 2-3 cables..
I have changed my network to private..I have set IP address on my TV..
enabled media sharing in my WMP and network connections..
seen youtube videos also..
my laptop has vista..
what is missing?
can anyone suggest anything?
would be grateful..

Re: Tweaks/Settings for SD channels.

Are there any preferred settings/tweaks to watch SD channels on P50V20D? The SD channel experience is not good, on reliance HD STB.

Please advice.

I am not able to use media server facility on my v20..
I searched a lot..read entire process on microsoft site and panasonic site..
I have followed each of steps as indicated by Satan.. but still not able to do so..
I get message"server not found"..
my cat5 cable is working and there is blinking towards my laptop end..
so my cable is working..even I have changed 2-3 cables..
I have changed my network to private..I have set IP address on my TV..
enabled media sharing in my WMP and network connections..
seen youtube videos also..
my laptop has vista..
what is missing?
can anyone suggest anything?
would be grateful..

Just for my understanding, you have the ISP connected to the modem and the modem connected to the laptop, right? Do you have a wireless router too?
Else, it would have a been a simple option of connecting the wireless router to the laptop and another port to the TV. Assuming DHCP is enabled, it should then work with auto mode in the TV.

Once the TV is connected to the n.w, the media server is a much simpler setup, I had written a tutorial in the media streaming section, which you can refer if you need to.

Thanks for help...but I am trying to connect TV and Laptop through cat5 cable..Directly..
correct me if I am wrong..
I am also planning for wireless adapter but don't know TV requires specific adapter or anything will work..
I don't require network to play files in laptop through TV..right?

I think the problem is that you are trying to use a "straight" etheret cable to directly connect from the TV ethernet port to the laptop ethernet port?

If that is the case you need a cross cable. Let me know if this helps.

Thanks for help...but I am trying to connect TV and Laptop through cat5 cable..Directly..
correct me if I am wrong..
I am also planning for wireless adapter but don't know TV requires specific adapter or anything will work..
I don't require network to play files in laptop through TV..right?

As IBL has said you need a cross cable to connect laptop to TV.

Check if you can connect the modem to the TV (instead of the laptop) and if the network connection works. This should work.

The wireless adaptor (as per Panasonic) is a specific one which is Panasonic branded, they also support a netgear wireless one (you can check your dealer). At 3-4k in India, its not worth it. In the UK, it appears to be 30 GBP, but couldnt verify if it will work in India.

Its simpler for you to use a wireless G or N router which will have enough ports to connect to your laptop/TV/any other device as required.

I think the problem is that you are trying to use a "straight" etheret cable to directly connect from the TV ethernet port to the laptop ethernet port?

If that is the case you need a cross cable. Let me know if this helps.

That is definitely not the problem. For the last few years, all the Ethernet Ports supplied have a feature called "Auto-MIDX", which means the port will automatically configure itself depending on the cable and the device it is connected to.

People rarely use dedicated Straight / Cross Cables anymore. I use the same straight cable for Device-Device connections and the same cable for Device-Networking equipment connections.

Also I can confirm that I have used a straight cable to connect my PC to the VT20.

@Naimesh... The issue is definitely with your configuration. Firewall / Network Type / Incorrect Configuration.

Last edited:
Hi,

Could someone let me know if any v20d are available in chennai? A freind wants to buy one.

Thanx in advance......

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back