Rythmik Subwoofer Owner’s Official thread

Wow. Thats a monster of a sub. How big is your room?
The room is 13 X 17ft (app) and I have 2 subs integrated using Mini Dsp 2x4HD. While the Fv25 does all the heavy lifting, the 12.17edge plays the role of the MBM to fill the nulls between 40-60hz. The frequency response is flat down to almost 10hz.
Rythmik and XTZ graph.jpg

Last edited:
maybe the sticker will add to the resale value ;)
Whats the next avr? Arcam :p

The sub does look massive in size, i always wanted a big ass subwoofer but settled for 2 medium size subs instead.

I am sure you will love this for movies, how is it for music?

Cheers.

Well did some listening just out of the box. Watched the edge of tomorrow and a few tracks from tidal. The quality of bass is top notch. Upgrading from a sonodyne sub this is by far the better both in sound quality, build quality and of course price. :)
Yes will be a massive upgrade, heard a lot of the Edge of Tomorrow being a subwoofer killer :D

The room is 13 X 17ft (app) and I have 2 subs integrated using Mini Dsp 2x4HD.

Darned good result, this. The odd thing though is that the response with Audyssey between 75-80 Hz is worse than without. Might be worth knocking that peak around 90 Hz with the minidsp before handing off to Audyssey for what I expect will be an even better result.

With the subs FR this good, trust you've taken the time to integrate the C with the subs around the crossover region.

Darned good result, this. The odd thing though is that the response with Audyssey between 75-80 Hz is worse than without. Might be worth knocking that peak around 90 Hz with the minidsp before handing off to Audyssey for what I expect will be an even better result.

With the subs FR this good, trust you've taken the time to integrate the C with the subs around the crossover region.
The 80 to 95hz spike or dip is purely due to the Speakers and not the sub. More over, as I have set the crossover for sub at 80hz, I couldn't utilise the Minidsp to flatten that region. I tried many things but couldn't flatten the 80 to 95 hz region, perhaps it's my rooms response. The overall sound signature is better without audyssey (Audyssey bypassed for Front left and Right speakers).
Yes, like you said I put a lot of effort to get this response curve with two different subwoofers. However, both the subwoofers play their part well.
Edit: In the graph, the sub was running 6db hot.
There is good chest thump and the Infra frequency rumble is also good. The subs could go at least another 10db higher without struggling.

Last edited:
Just try once keeping the sub close to wall moving little left toward the sitting position neat red panel .... which is at right side
Hi I did move the sub to the position as suggested by you to the corner.
Guess what ,I can see big difference in its performance .whole room including the sofa I sit can feel the vibration , which was not felt with the previous position.need to calibrate a bit.
Yes the position of sub really makes a huge difference

Guess what ,I can see big difference in its performance .whole room including the sofa I sit can feel the vibration , which was not felt with the previous position.need to calibrate a bit.
That's wonderful. Please post the picture of the new setup. Did you have to move your R tower a bit to the left?

That's wonderful. Please post the picture of the new setup. Did you have to move your R tower a bit to the left?
Hi yes I had to move right speaker little to the left.there is only 2"gap between the sub and speaker.
sorry for the poor light in the images

Attachments

• tiny-907-2021-04-24-17-28-58.jpg
    tiny-907-2021-04-24-17-28-58.jpg
    475.8 KB · Views: 68
  • tiny-959-2021-04-24-17-29-13.jpg
    tiny-959-2021-04-24-17-29-13.jpg
    468.3 KB · Views: 69
Great

Great

Dear Esteemed FM's,

Don't know this thread is a correct one to posting my query .

I'm trying to pair my L12 with a tube amp (has no sub output) with a speaker to line level converter @https://www.amazon.in/Kicker-KISLOC-2-Channel-Speaker-Converter/dp/B00I4EF1BC.

When I bought from Amazon and opened I have noticed a warning printed on the package like in the photo below ,
96C67778-4384-44B1-989A-DAFACD67AB5F.jpeg

Can I use this device or I have to discontinue its usage.

Your thoughts will be helpful.

Received my fvx12 few weeks back. Didn't get chance to listen a lot but watched monster hunter one night and it was amazing. Like everything is coming out of the screen to slam me. A whole new world of movie experience. Will share more details as I get more time. Definately best piece of investment for home theatre.

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back