Rythmik Subwoofer Owner’s Official thread

I think all the imported items will be having pricing increases as the freight costs have gone up more than 100% in the recent days.

I think all the imported items will be having pricing increases as the freight costs have gone up more than 100% in the recent days.
Sometimes I feel the price hike has got to do more with the distributors in India as in most cases the prices of the subs are the same in us and uk.
Covid has definitely hit logistics but is the steep price hike justified?

Both Rythmik and SVS have their manufacturing plant in China, which is close to us than to the US. So it will cost them more to ship these subs to US than to India. Therefore, these subs should cost less here than in US right?

Svs is not a bad subwoofer by any means though it is over priced in India. It just plays flat down to 16hz and not all of us like flat frequency response as many of us are used to the mid bass slam and also prefer the mid bass slam to low rumble. We in India live in Concrete houses which donot transfer the low frequency energy to the listener as much as the American houses so we don't experience the Low frequency like the Americans. Moreover, it is also very difficult to tune any sub that plays loud below 30hz and that is true with Rythmik too as the present generation Rythmik subs can play flat down to 14-12hz anechoic.
Subs like PSA are known to produce great midbass as the latest models use Pro drivers from B&C which are MidBass Monsters. The best part is, these drivers can also be tuned to produce Infra frequencies.
Rythmik does perform with great midbass with provided controls on AMP

Rythmik subwoofers feature unique bass extension controls which are not normally provided on subwoofers. This enables the user to customize the output and extension to achieve the best compromise in any room. Most subwoofers neglect to provide bass extension control, and the result is that dynamic headroom is compromised.​

A370 controls1623746545444.pngThe bass extension controls enable the user to customize the frequency response of the low end. The controls customize a high pass filter, which attenuates frequencies below a given frequency. If set to 14Hz, bass below this point will be filtered. The damping control determines the slope of roll-off and the amount of time domain ringing. High damping provides the least amount of time domain ringing and the most gradual roll-off curve. Low damping provides the steepest roll-off at the low end at the expense of added time domain ringing. The combination of 28hz and low damping is recommended for maximum SPL ouptut for all of our sealed subwoofers.The bass extension controls enable the user to customize the frequency response of the low end. The controls customize a high pass filter, which attenuates frequencies below a given frequency. If set to 14 Hz, bass below this point will be filtered. The damping control determines the slope of roll-off and the amount of time domain ringing. High damping provides the least amount of time domain ringing and the most gradual roll-off curve. Low damping provides the steepest roll-off at the low end at the expense of added time domain ringing. The combination of 28hz and low damping is recommended for maximum SPL ouptut for all of our sealed subwoofers.

Duties in Indian are different from duties in USA
I may be wrong but I still feel the price isn’t justified and distributors are making a meal out of the import duties etc. I mean a sub that’s sold for 90k in US has a Mrp of 2L in India? 15 inch rythmik’s in us are available at 90k-1L but here the Lvx12 and Fvx12 costs 1-1.2L. It’s the same for other brands as well so not bashing rythmik alone here

I may be wrong but I still feel the price isn’t justified and distributors are making a meal out of the import duties etc. I mean a sub that’s sold for 90k in US has a Mrp of 2L in India? 15 inch rythmik’s in us are available at 90k-1L but here the Lvx12 and Fvx12 costs 1-1.2L. It’s the same for other brands as well so not bashing rythmik alone here
I agree, there's no other way to look at it. Indian price is now officially at 200% of US MRP.
For example, US FVX12 Price - $1835
Indian FVX12 Price -$949

Good time to be a dealer/distributor...

Well I think all the guys are busy in derailing the thread.

Kindly do not compare us retail prices in India as the rules are different. What about the prices of avrs like denon and big size oleds when the same company is marketing them. Price difference will remain until there is a sizeable market and the market dynamics will set the prices. In some areas like cheap mobile internet and maybe some other products where the volumes rule I guess we are more competitive than us.

This is always there though nowadays I have seen many brands / dealers price their wares around the international mrp which was unheard of a few years ago. Customs duty nowadays is around 42% of CIF. (Some detailed threads are also here with calculations)

As this is a Rythmik owners thread would love to hear the experiences and the performance of the subs here. I believe Rythmik also provides DIY kits for subs and one of the first rythmik builds here was by that route. I was always interested inthe servo controlled subs which are also at a slight premium to SVS and HSU.

Regarding what is a fair price well the parasound hint 6 is priced at us$2k there and costs 3.26lacs here so only the demand and supply coupled with the paying capacity of the buyers will determine the fair price.

According to the post I read it comes to 30.98% unless my math is off? That would align with the typical 30% I have generally paid. Where did you get 42%? Can you please link to the post? Maybe you mean in personal name? I was referring to importing in a company.

According to the post I read it comes to 30.98% unless my math is off? That would align with the typical 30% I have generally paid. Where did you get 42%? Can you please link to the post? Maybe you mean in personal name? I was referring to importing in a company.
Does the 30% include GST?

@mods Can we move these custom duties queries to the proper thread it is kind of cluttering this thread.

Whenever I have imported audio equipment in the past it has always been around 25-35% (apparently based on the assessing officer's mood at the time), I averaged it out once and it came to about 30% (30.xx I don't remember the exact average, all inclusive). According to the post in that thread which was linked the duty is 30.98%, again if my math was correct. This does not include clearance charges.

Distributor - dealer.
Two people in chain.
Distributor has to keep stock.
Dealers have to give discounts to please clients.. that's why the MRPs are high.
If you get more discount on one brand when compared to other consider that the dealer is getting different dealer prices for these brands or there's price competition for that product that's why one is getting such discounts.
I think it's time someone from India starts manufacturing good subwoofers to provide products for better prices.

Back