Rythmik Subwoofer Owner’s Official thread

Bump. Need your input guys. I have two options now. Dual LV12F or one LVX12 and pair it with existing 12.17.
I would say go with 2 LV12F. I think Naveen in this forum has 2 LV12F so you can check his experience. LVX12 from what I heard is more refined, but integrating two different subs is very difficult, so you are better off buying the same.

Its -3 db at 19hz.
What's the max achievable SPL that's more important. ( Can you check and update? Do wear ear protection)

Post EQ - the band which needed EQ has been reduced by 6 db to other frequencies.
100 dB only
I would say go with 2 LV12F. I think Naveen in this forum has 2 LV12F so you can check his experience. LVX12 from what I heard is more refined, but integrating two different subs is very difficult, so you are better off buying the same.
@nvnaveen Naveen has lvx12 and a LV12F I think

Attachments

• C8DEC7C3-0739-48AD-9A55-028879910217.jpeg
    C8DEC7C3-0739-48AD-9A55-028879910217.jpeg
    112.7 KB · Views: 15
Oh My understanding was that MiniDSP helps in flattening the curve even for a single woofer. Guess we will findout. :)
Yes you can trim the peaks but the same audyssey also will do a decent job. I also have a mini dsp and tried it with a single LV12F. Both results with and without dsp where identical. So it doesn’t add the value of 25k in a single sub set up.

100db is pretty low..
Yeah and May be my calibration isn’t good. Have u seen it produce more DB in other set ups? Audyssey set the sub gain in avr at +.5 dB so suspecting something to do with calibration. As you would have seen in other thread I am indeed setting up a soft set up and before running audyssey I created a house curve using mini dsp only at 65db which can be the reason as well. But even though the DB is less I am quite happy as I was able to some how achieve Wat I was looking for. Even at my current low listening levels I can feel the sub with good punch.

Rythmik provides their drivers for DIY subs, I think. Maybe some indian manufacturer like INDIQAUDIO can have a tie-up with them to start assembling custom builds, I think the distributor for Rythmik in Australia is doing something similar, they even provide superior cabinets...And being a dealer, they provide parity pricing too...check how they function: http://www.redspade.com.au/audio/rythmik.php
Even The US manufacturer Salk Sound is doing it. They get the amp and the driver from the Rythmik and assembles them inside their superior built veneered Cabinets according to the customers requirement. If an Indian manufacturer can do that the price will be much reasonable.
If I was in US then I would have definitely got my rythmik made by them in a Burl-Walnut-HiGloss finish as I hate Black boxes and prefer wood finishes. I love Hi-Gloss Wood finish. But Rythmik only produces their large subs in Black matte or oak and some of the smaller modes come in gloss white or black (which also i don't like equally). Just look at the Tannoy Definition walnut subwoofer at therevolverclub website, one word: Awesome looking, but even under 50% discount, these subs cost a hell more than what they perform compared to the Rythmik. Hope Rythmik comes up with such finishes some day.

This is at at a 75db reference volume at main seating position with UMIK in 90 degree direction. How bad does this look? any ideas to fix this? One in red is left and the green one is right channel

Attachments

• Measure Left.PNG
    Measure Left.PNG
    80.1 KB · Views: 25
  • Measure Right.PNG
    Measure Right.PNG
    73.3 KB · Views: 25
This is at at a 75db reference volume at main seating position with UMIK in 90 degree direction. How bad does this look? any ideas to fix this? One in red is left and the green one is right channel
What u mean by left and right channel? And also is this a pure direct graph? Also change the limits from 10hz-120hz and share the graph

What u mean by left and right channel? And also is this a pure direct graph? Also change the limits from 10hz-120hz and share the graph
There was an option to select output as L and R, so I ran the tests separately.

But I have run the test in L+R mode now. Below are the new results with some changes in sub position. Its a pure direct graph, I have not smoothened it. As it was nigh, I ran this with a slightly lower reference volume of ~70db.

I cannot make any additional changes to sub positions, wondering how can make the response flat now.

Attachments

• Test 2.jpg
    Test 2.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 18
  • Test 2 Waterfall.jpg
    Test 2 Waterfall.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 18
There was an option to select output as L and R, so I ran the tests separately.

But I have run the test in L+R mode now. Below are the new results with some changes in sub position. Its a pure direct graph, I have not smoothened it. As it was nigh, I ran this with a slightly lower reference volume of ~70db.

I cannot make any additional changes to sub positions, wondering how can make the response flat now.
Can you filter the frequency range from 10-120hz and share the graph please? This response is good and post eq it should be even better

Can you filter the frequency range from 10-120hz and share the graph please? This response is good and post eq it should be even better

Sorry, I hope I didn't mess up graph this time. These are with Audyssey Reference settings. L/R by pass and Audyssey Flats gave more peaks and dips for some reason.

Attachments

• Test 2.jpg
    Test 2.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 6
  • Test 2 Waterfall.jpg
    Test 2 Waterfall.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 6
In the preferences i have set the drivers to Java before running these
Ok using Java i set the fronts crossover at 250 and disconnect them to measure sub response. Only to integrate the sub with mains i connect them and measure. Since you are not going to experiment different positions you can just run audysey and check the response of the sub alone first and then integrate it with the mains. Eq will not help with any big nulls but trim the peaks for a smoother response.

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back