Rythmik Subwoofer Owner’s Official thread

Unfortunately, i dont have much flexibility in placing the sub. However, agree it is worthwhile to move it around atleast temporarily and check the response.

On another note the tripod which came with the umik-1 is pretty small. Are you using any stand/tripod with yours?
I use same from different brand I guess. Placement is the only way you can improve the response especially with the nulls. I keep the mic in MLP and use 90degree cal file. Worked best for me and most follow the same method.

Powerpak MS-1001 3 Leg Boom Microphone Stand (Black) https://www.amazon.in/dp/B01I9AATFI/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_fabc_GEQWKV68H8EBEBNFJ4TS

I'm seeing nulls ~-15db nulls at 30hz and 50hz range. Though I was able to fix this with DSP to a certain degree, I was unable to flat it out entirely. Here are the updated readings. Due to limitations in sub placement, I am unable to make any major changes to sub position. I think I can live with this for the time being.

Any tips on how can I reduce the ringing at <30hz range?

Attachments

• 30 Jun Graph.PNG
    30 Jun Graph.PNG
    73.1 KB · Views: 29
  • 30 Jun Waterfall.PNG
    30 Jun Waterfall.PNG
    700.3 KB · Views: 25
I'm seeing nulls ~-15db nulls at 30hz and 50hz range. Though I was able to fix this with DSP to a certain degree, I was unable to flat it out entirely. Here are the updated readings. Due to limitations in sub placement, I am unable to make any major changes to sub position. I think I can live with this for the time being.

Any tips on how can I reduce the ringing at <30hz range?
Is this pure direct curve or post eq with mini dsp?

Can you please share the pure direct curve? I am guessing you are missing some step.Mini dsp should trim the peaks and make it flat. It won’t help with nulls but definitely it will flatten the peaks.

This is the one before MiniDSP. Speaker level is set to 75db, Sub level is set to 85db.

Attachments

• 30 June Before MiniDSP.PNG
    30 June Before MiniDSP.PNG
    161.7 KB · Views: 29
Ok seems like it did even out the peaks. This should be good enough. Now start enjoying. One more thing did you create a house curve?
Yes, I managed to do that when I'm applying EQ. What's the SPL range you watch movies in? Asking this to check if I'm not making the sub work extra time. Mostly I make sure that volume doesn't go beyond 80db SPL during intense action sequences.

Yes, I managed to do that when I'm applying EQ. What's the SPL range you watch movies in? Asking this to check if I'm not making the sub work extra time. Mostly I make sure that volume doesn't go beyond 80db SPL during intense action sequences.
I used to listen at normal levels but now i listen at very low level due to ear issues. Which spl are you referring to? If only for sub, 80 is very less for any sub.100-110db is ideal and your sub wont have any issues pumping at that level

Hi rythmik club I noticed something strange.L and N are reversed in both my LV12F power chords. Getting 230 volts between neutral and earth. Can any rythmik owner check this and confirm?

Attachments

• CE3FC68E-DB79-4E62-9E66-474AA8BA54E6.jpeg
    CE3FC68E-DB79-4E62-9E66-474AA8BA54E6.jpeg
    164.1 KB · Views: 38
  • EB9BB0E9-EBA0-4779-9BC6-BEE9DFA69010.jpeg
    EB9BB0E9-EBA0-4779-9BC6-BEE9DFA69010.jpeg
    197.4 KB · Views: 37
  • 5FD5C341-A857-46FC-A5AB-539950D347B9.jpeg
    5FD5C341-A857-46FC-A5AB-539950D347B9.jpeg
    207.8 KB · Views: 38
Last edited:
US wall sockets are oriented this way. Change the connection as per Indian socket at plug end, not that it matters.
But when there's a fault, it's better to have the fuse blow on live rather than on neutral.

Cheers,
Raghu

US wall sockets are oriented this way. Change the connection as per Indian socket at plug end, not that it matters.
But when there's a fault, it's better to have the fuse blow on live rather than on neutral.

Cheers,
Raghu
Ok so now I need to swap L and N in the socket which will be used for the sub. Jeez sad really. Worst part is even the sellers don’t know and don’t educate the customers

Not at socket, plug. It's specific to this component only.
So reverse on cable. Also check inside the sub, where the fuse is located.
Cheers,
Raghu

If the cord is US style plug at the other end it is correct for US socket.
Cheers,
Raghu
Ok. Yes it’s a us style plug

Edit

So all rythmik users are having the same chord. Is it fine to continue using it in Indian sockets?

Last edited:
Guys, looking forward to your inputs on the subwoofer selection. I'm currently in the process of building my dedicated HT room with 24 x 16 x 10 feet measurements.

I'm planning to go for a dual subwoofer setup and slightly inclined towards LV12F or FVX 12.

Will these subs be powerful enough for a room volume of 3800 cubic feet?

Any other things that I need to consider?

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back