Rythmik Subwoofer Owner’s Official thread

From what I've read, unless REL's low frequency extension has improved considerably in recent models, the Rhythmik's should be in a different league if one's usage include HT also.
Check out the recent lineup with the No.25, 1508, the carbon special and the 212sx. The specs are encouraging.

Also, REL is known to be conservative with their measurements. The T9i is rated at 28hz at -6db extension but it digs down to 25hz at -0db in my room.

Also check out the review of two REL T5is by this guy who is one of the few ones to have reviewed a bunch of Rhythmik subs. He also compares them to Rhythmik and SVS subs. Quite interesting:

From what I've read, unless REL's low frequency extension has improved considerably in recent models, the Rhythmik's should be in a different league if one's usage include HT also.
I have recently taken demo of F12SE and Rel HT1508 and was simply blown away by Rel. In fact current prices of 1508 are equal or less than F12SE. F12SE made me feel rather underwhelmed. I found 1508 to be fast, hard hitting and pretty accurate.
I assume you must have had demo of both Rythmik and Corresponding REL subwoofer. Would love to know your experience about both

I have recently taken demo of F12SE and Rel HT1508 and was simply blown away by Rel. In fact current prices of 1508 are equal or less than F12SE. F12SE made me feel rather underwhelmed. I found 1508 to be fast, hard hitting and pretty accurate.
I assume you must have had demo of both Rythmik and Corresponding REL subwoofer. Would love to know your experience about both
I Guess Rel HT1508 is a 15" Driver with 800W RMS and Rythmik F12 is 12" Driver with 370W RMS !

Last edited:
I Guess Rel HT1508 is a 15" Driver with 800W RMS and Rythmik F12 is 12" Driver with 370W RMS !
Yeah I agree the difference in size but you also gotta consider following facts:
1. after discounts both are available almost similar prices in India.
2. REL’s build quality/fit and finish are superior to Rythmik F12 SE.
3. Brand value of REL is higher or atleast similar to Rythmik amongst Audio enthusiasts.
4. And almost every one says REL under commits and over delivers.
I personally think that at present REL offer better value for money if one were to buy a new sub woofer in India
Disclaimer: I have bought SVS SB-3000 for my upcoming home theatre

Yeah I agree the difference in size but you also gotta consider following facts:
1. after discounts both are available almost similar prices in India.
2. REL’s build quality/fit and finish are superior to Rythmik F12 SE.
3. Brand value of REL is higher or atleast similar to Rythmik amongst Audio enthusiasts.
4. And almost every one says REL under commits and over delivers.
I personally think that at present REL offer better value for money if one were to buy a new sub woofer in India
Disclaimer: I have bought SVS SB-3000 for my upcoming home theatre
1.Are you sure of the similar prices? The Rythmik F12 is around 1.1
I think the right comparison would be a FV15HP or a F15.

1.Are you sure of the similar prices? The Rythmik F12 is around 1.1
I think the right comparison would be a FV15HP or a F15.
I received a quote of 1.4 lacs for 1508. And F12 won’t be less than 1.25 lacs after price hike.
Prices have gone up sharply. Now at 1.44 plus gst for the f12se
The Rhythmik F12SE is being sold for 1.77L after GST and shipping by avenue sound. Current US price is 1200USD which equates to INR 90k.

FV15HP SE is being sold for INR 2,54,300. US pricing is 1900 USD or INR 142500.

F15 is being sold for 1.99L. US pricing is at 1324usd or INR 99k.

As pointed out by @adeepsandhu , the REL HT1508 is being sold for INR 1.4L. Current US pricing is at 1800 USD which is equivalent to INR 1.35L.

:)

Flat down to 25, but at what SPL levels? Even at flat down to 25 at high levels, you're still leaving a fair bit on the table for HT, IMO. YMMV.
Good question. I had to double check my REW measurements and it was at 90db at my listening position. The thought of testing it at higher SPL never crossed my mind as i don't listen to music/movies at such high volumes.

25hz does leave a lot in terms of frequency response for movies. But for that, you have the HT series which is cheaper and will abosutely plumb those depths. For music, im yet to hear a better subwoofer. I haven't heard a rhythmik but considering the hike in prices, i doubt i ever will now :( .

In fact, for the prices that Rhythmik subs are going for in India, a proper comparison would be the Rel S series which down down below 20hz as rated by REL (important to remember that REL undercommits and over delivers)

Last edited:
Sorry, as I said above, my comment was based on reading. If you liked the latest REL for HT, good for you.
Its interesting how manufacturer and measured specs don't always translate into real world perception and experience.

I thought i knew it all since i was (still am) an avid reader of a ginormous number of publications, both online and print. When i first saw the REL T9i listed on the hifimart website for 89K for a teeny weeny 10 inch driver with only 300 watts of power, i thought REL was scamming people and outright dismissed the brands offerings as products priced exorbitantly due to badge premium.

Little did i know i would have to swallow humble pie a couple of years later. But having swallowed it, I couldn't be happier! :)

I had to double check my REW measurements and it was at 90db at my listening position.

Okay, cool.

The thought of testing it at higher SPL never crossed my mind as i don't listen to music/movies at such high volumes.

That's fair. My expectations are playback at reference levels (maximum of 115 dB for LFE channel alone, higher when you include bass management).

25hz does leave a lot in terms of frequency response for movies. But for that, you have the HT series which is cheaper and will abosutely plumb those depths.

Again, SPL levels matter along with low frequency extension for HT usage.

For music, im yet to hear a better subwoofer.

If you're ever in this part of the world, give me a holler and I'll be happy to see if we can give you cause to change your opinion ;)

In the meantime, enjoy your music with the RELs!

If you're ever in this part of the world, give me a holler and I'll be happy to see if we can give you cause to change your opinion ;)

I travel down to Chennai quite often. Rather, i used to before the Pandemic hit, my last stint there being on the 11th of March, 2020 i.e. just 2 weeks before lockdown was imposed. Hopefully, we can put the pandemic behind us very soon and i'll be able to take you up on your offer. :)

Last edited:

Till then, I would implore you to check out the REL S/812 which goes for similar money to the Rhythmiks as well as the much cheaper HT1508 (cheaper compared to Rhythmiks). Perhaps that could help change your opinion too about the brand! :p

Till then, I would implore you to check out the REL S/812 which goes for similar money to the Rhythmiks as well as the much cheaper HT1508 (cheaper compared to Rhythmiks).

Disclaimer: I don't own (and have never owned) a Rhythmik sub. Any opinions I hold about them come from reading because of my general interest in subwoofers.

HST, I'm not in the market for a sub. A pair of dual 15s up front and a pair of 12s at the back is my limit. For now, at any rate ;)

Perhaps that could help change your opinion too about the brand! :p

Heh. REL won't lose any sleep over what my opinion is of their subs. Good for them and their satisfied customers.

Heh. REL won't lose any sleep over what my opinion is of their subs. Good for them and their satisfied customers.
Not about changing your opinion for the sake of RELs benefit. It would be entirely yours cuz firstly, as audiophiles, isnt it all about experiencing something new, fun or breathtaking? Secondly, you would have found yourself a worthy contender to add to your shortlist when you eventually decide to get yourself a sub. :)

Out of curiosity, which subs have you tested at reference levels?

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back