Rythmik Subwoofer Owner’s Official thread

Not about changing your opinion for the sake of RELs benefit. It would be entirely yours cuz firstly, as audiophiles, isnt it all about experiencing something new, fun or breathtaking?

I hardly qualify as a traditional audiophile, TBH. The focus for a large portion of my HT journey has been in getting my room in order and getting the equipment in it functioning as close to their potential as is practically possible in it.

Secondly, you would have found yourself a worthy contender to add to your shortlist when you eventually decide to get yourself a sub. :)

As I said, I have 4 subs already. Not looking to add to that just yet.

Out of curiosity, which subs have you tested at reference levels?

The Seaton Submersive HP+, in a master/slave arrangement, are the only subs I've owned until early this year when I received an additional pair of Seaton JS-12's. The Submersive pair are enough for playback at reference levels in my HT. I added the JS-12's to help with a big null between 26-42 Hz that I couldn't overcome because of lack of placement flexibility wrt the Submersives and my listening position.

Submersive HP: https://seatonsound.net/product/submersivehp/

JS-12: https://seatonsound.net/product/js-12-subwoofer/

If I ever upgrade from what I've currently, it will probably be the F18s. Extremely unlikely in this current HT though.

I hardly qualify as a traditional audiophile, TBH. The focus for a large portion of my HT journey has been in getting my room in order and getting the equipment in it functioning as close to their potential as is practically possible in it.

As I said, I have 4 subs already. Not looking to add to that just yet.

The Seaton Submersive HP+, in a master/slave arrangement, are the only subs I've owned until early this year when I received an additional pair of Seaton JS-12's. The Submersive pair are enough for playback at reference levels in my HT. I added the JS-12's to help with a big null between 26-42 Hz that I couldn't overcome because of lack of placement flexibility wrt the Submersives and my listening position.

Submersive HP: https://seatonsound.net/product/submersivehp/

JS-12: https://seatonsound.net/product/js-12-subwoofer/

If I ever upgrade from what I've currently, it will probably be the F18s. Extremely unlikely in this current HT though.
I have gone through your build thread quite a great setup you have :)

Most important thing to achieve in any speaker(and subwoofer) is the Desired SPL with minimal distortion.. without which no matter what the frequency extension is it is useless as we cannot feel/hear it.
90db is very low for a sub as human hearing is not the same at such low frequencies.

Disclaimer: I don't own (and have never owned) a Rhythmik sub. Any opinions I hold about them come
from reading because of my general interest in subwoofers.
Bro I also have read quite a lot about Rythmik subs and formed a very formidable opinion about them. but as discussed earlier F12SE, rather left me pretty underwhelmed. And this is why I also asked you about your sub suggestions.

Yeah I agree the difference in size but you also gotta consider following facts:
1. after discounts both are available almost similar prices in India.
2. REL’s build quality/fit and finish are superior to Rythmik F12 SE.
3. Brand value of REL is higher or atleast similar to Rythmik amongst Audio enthusiasts.
4. And almost every one says REL under commits and over delivers.
I personally think that at present REL offer better value for money if one were to buy a new sub woofer in India
Disclaimer: I have bought SVS SB-3000 for my upcoming home theatre
Not a fair comparison in specs but how does the Rel HT 1508 compare to the SVS SB 3000 since you have heard both in terms of spl and sq. Assuming that the prices of both may be around Rs. 1.40 lakhs.

Last edited:
Not a fair comparison in specs but how does the Rel HT 1508 compare to the SVS SB 3000 since you have heard both in terms of spl and sq. Assuming that the prices of both may be around Rs. 1.40 lakhs.
Hi Nitin

I’m afraid my SVS SB-3000 is in a closed box and will not be able to see day light for next 3-4 months as my new apartment’s interiors are being completed at present. Before pulling the trigger I tried a lot to get demo of the SVS but was not able to get one. So based on online reviews and help by Our fellow FM @nnaveen I went ahead with selection of this sub and I got a sweet deal.
once my home theatre is done I will share my reviews and comparison.

Last edited:
Hi Nitin

I’m afraid my SVS SB-3000 is in a closed box and will not be able to see day light for next 3-4 months as my new apartment’s interiors are being completed at present. Before pulling the trigger I tried a lot to get demo of the SVS but was not able to get one. So based on online reviews and help by Our fellow FM @nnaveen helped me with selection of this sub and I got a sweet deal.
once my home theatre is done I will share my reviews and comparison.
Hi Adeepsandhu,

All the best for your HT setup and hope you enjoy it.
I too was planning to go for a sub in the future which is manageable in size for the room . Hence wanted to know your opinion & will wait for your review later. Thanks for your reply.

Regards,
Nitin

but as discussed earlier F12SE, rather left me pretty underwhelmed.

Right and I get that was your experience. Unfortunately, one only hears from the subwoofer(s) what one's room allows you to hear. No matter how capable the sub, if there isn't an efficient transfer of that acoustical energy to your LP, you're going to be underwhelmed. I'd suggest that's a possibility in your case. Perhaps the room it was in was too big for it to energize? Other factors, including what one's expectations of good bass is, also play a part.

And this is why I also asked you about your sub suggestions.

If usage is also for HT (i.e. high SPLs and low freq. extension), my advise will be to go with Rhythmik/PSA over REL any day of the week. And twice on Sundays. YMMV.

I don't know what a traditional audiphile is but in my books, if you care about the sound that you're listening to, you're an audiophile. Its ok if you don't want to be labelled as one as i get it that certain terms and connotations are viewed with stigma arising out of various baises. Its human nature.

But i get where you're coming from! I'm glad you are happy with your existing setup. :)

I'll take you up on your offer next time i'm visiting Chennai though. I'm all for experiencing the best that life has to offer so I don't mind changing my mind one bit.

Last edited:
Most important thing to achieve in any speaker(and subwoofer) is the Desired SPL with minimal distortion.. without which no matter what the frequency extension is it is useless as we cannot feel/hear it.
90db is very low for a sub as human hearing is not the same at such low frequencies.
I think i have rather fragile ear drums then :)

i was checking the ifi zen dac last night to test out its bass boost function (you need to try out IfI's bass boost function! its a godsend for those who want to feel bass presence at lower volumes without colouring the treble and midrange. Its incredible!) and was really pushing the volumes (may not qualify as pushing the volume in your books) and I happened to keep an eye out for the decibels (motivated in no less measure by the conversation in this thread) once the music was hitting peaks of 91-92db, it was way too loud for me.

On another note, I'll report back with readings at higher SPLs.

i was checking the ifi zen dac last night to test out its bass boost function (you need to try out IfI's bass boost function! its a godsend for those who want to feel bass presence at lower volumes without colouring the treble and midrange. Its incredible!) and was really pushing the volumes (may not qualify as pushing the volume in your books) and I happened to keep an eye out for the decibels (motivated in no less measure by the conversation in this thread) once the music was hitting peaks of 91-92db, it was way too loud for me.

Is your spl meter calibrated ?
My bass peaks have touch 110db.

I think they are different. Listening to music on a continuous basis at >90db may not be nice. But the subs function is different as its typically in short bursts wherein you wont get the impact at lower SPL.

I think they are different. Listening to music on a continuous basis at >90db may not be nice. But the subs function is different as its typically in short bursts wherein you wont get the impact at lower SPL.
OK. but the sub was keeping pace and did not bottom out or lose composure even during bass heavy tracks. In fact, it was incredibly fast and nuanced at the said 90+db. I was checking mostly bass heavy tracks to check the bass boost function of the Zen DAC which boosts the lowest frequencies by around 3db.

Right and I get that was your experience. Unfortunately, one only hears from the subwoofer(s) what one's room allows you to hear. No matter how capable the sub, if there isn't an efficient transfer of that acoustical energy to your LP, you're going to be underwhelmed. I'd suggest that's a possibility in your case. Perhaps the room it was in was too big for it to energize? Other factors, including what one's expectations of good bass is, also play a part.

If usage is also for HT (i.e. high SPLs and low freq. extension), my advise will be to go with Rhythmik/PSA over REL any day of the week. And twice on Sundays. YMMV.
The room size where I took demo of Rythmik was around 12 ft x 15 ft x 10 ft. And it was not acoustically treated.
whereas REL HT1508 I auditioned at an exhibition where they had created a room of size 15ft x 15ft. Since it was dark I could not see if the room was acoustically treated.
I would be lying if I would say that I didn’t go for Rythmik sub with much higher expectations and this must have added to my feeling of disappointment.Now do you think F12SE should be able to fill space of above size ?

Further I can’t say about other FM’s but I find it very ironic that you are commenting about REL subs just by reading online reviews. I suggest you to atleast try listening to any of the REL subs before writing them off so arrogantly.

Over and out. Won’t be commenting on this topic anymore.

Back