Rythmik Subwoofer Owner’s Official thread

One year ago, the Rythmik was selling for good price but within an year, the price got hiked multiple times and now its no-more a Value For Money product in India.
By how much percentage was it hiked ? I have seen the same happening with SVS & XTZ products too.

Freight Charges have been increased. Plus the import duties have increased as well. Products from China have a major major price hike. Price of every raw material has been atleast doubled.
What was coming 50rs per kg, is now at 120 per kg. Its a shitshow.

Plus, i dont expect huge from our country. Its what you get living in a Third World Country and with a government focussed on just winning elections.

Freight Charges have been increased. Plus the import duties have increased as well. Products from China have a major major price hike. Price of every raw material has been atleast doubled.

Plus, i dont expect huge from our country. Its what you get living in a Third World Country and with a government focussed on just winning elections.
Come on, sure costs might have increased but base facts such as manufacturing would impact prices worldwide.

I think it's just the dealers here looking for excuse to get a fat paycheck. People here monopolized on avr prices too.

Come on, sure costs might have increased but base facts such as manufacturing would impact prices worldwide.

I think it's just the dealers here looking for excuse to get a fat paycheck. People here monopolized on avr prices too.
Yeah that is true. Im not talking about audio equipments, instead i was talking about the condition of industries right now. Its mainly due to the tussle with China.
And dealers just need a excuse to hike prices. I was eyeing the FV15HP, its way costlier now.

Last edited:

Then the price should have increased even in the US due to Freight charge increase, but instead the US price has increased just by $100 for a $2600 product while the same product has increased by more than 30% in our country. This is our distributors and dealers taking advantage of the situation.
Just for an example: In our city, the Wine shops run bu govt. used to charge Rs.2 more per quarter bottle usually, but when the government ordered the shops near highway to be removed, the remaining shops started charging Rs.5 more and after the Corona lockdown, the shops started charging Rs.10 more per quarter. This is taking advantage of the situation like our AV sellers.

Yeah that is true. Im not talking about audio equipments, instead i was talking about the condition of industries right now. Its mainly due to the tussle with China.
And dealers just need a excuse to hike prices. I was eyeing the FV15HP, its way costlier now.
Yeah, that's sad. Especially because everything is one sided and the prices won't come down. I hope they do, or someone comes back to level-headed price.

I expect the price of the PB 1000 PRO to be about 80-85k at least and then I'll probably buy a second hand subwoofer.

Then the price should have increased even in the US due to Freight charge increase, but instead the US price has increased just by $100 for a $2600 product while the same product has increased by more than 30% in our country. This is our distributors and dealers taking advantage of the situation.
Just for an example: In our city, the Wine shops run bu govt. used to charge Rs.2 more per quarter bottle usually, but when the government ordered the shops near highway to be removed, the remaining shops started charging Rs.5 more and after the Corona lockdown, the shops started charging Rs.10 more per quarter. This is taking advantage of the situation like our AV sellers.
This. The only thing we can do is take action with our wallets. Very sad especially when we were already paying more in the first place.

We are regular importer to machines and can confirm that though there has been increase in shipping charges as well as raw material charges, but the corresponding increase in the prices of Rythmik sub woofer are totally crazy. I feel the dealers are going forward with their margin expansions.
As rightly pointed out by fellow FM’s Rythmik is no longer value for money proposition.
I think it might make more sense importing these subs from US directly if one can and save big bucks.

+1 once we hype a good brand,prices r increased in our country like SVS does.
XTZ is atleast reasonably priced in here.
I also find REL to be fairly priced vis a vis a vis international prices. Only place where they maybe lacking would be hitting notes below 20 hz. But then on positives they are much faster than their competitors and while playing music they are the ones to be benchmarked.

I guess people looking for a Rhythmik will now have to look at REL since they are much more rationally priced and in sync with US pricing.

From what I've read, unless REL's low frequency extension has improved considerably in recent models, the Rhythmik's should be in a different league if one's usage include HT also.

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back