ST50 Owners' Thread - First impressions, Reviews, Tweaks, etc.

Re: Panasonic PxxST50 Owners' Thread - First impressions, Reviews, Tweaks, etc.

hey ,
i am sorry but i didnt understand what u mean by TY-Er3d4M. Please let me know

ohh...those are the glasses....

@just4kix, lcdfreak
BTW howz the SD content.... was it satisfactory ? can the SD content look better on 42ST50 ?

howz the 3d experience ?

Please share ..

Thanks ,
Myzus

Congrats just4kix! I too am looking to buy the 50ST50. Went to the same dealer and got the same quote. However i met my cousin today and he mentioned that he is calling for 3 Tvs (LEDs) from Dubai and even after paying for transportation and customs it works out cheaper than the prices here. Just got me thinking should it ask him to get one for me too. Ive asked him to fin out what the final price would be including transport n customs etc which i will know by tomorrow.

But is there any difference in the same model from dubai than the indian one?

Vishal,

Please tell me share how and what LED are you getting. My cousin in Qatar and he says its difficult to get a tv as there are lots of issues with customs here... If it works, may be I can Join you as well....

ohh...those are the glasses....

@just4kix, lcdfreak
BTW howz the SD content.... was it satisfactory ? can the SD content look better on 42ST50 ?

howz the 3d experience ?

Please share ..

Thanks ,
Myzus

Attached are some SD pictures ... once again, I will say that photo of TV comes out quite bad. But based on photos of FHD, HD and now SD, you can do a comparison:

100_0886.jpg

100_0889.jpg

100_0888.jpg

As expected, there is no (or almost zero) light bleed ...
100_0887.jpg

Attached are some SD pictures ... once again, I will say that photo of TV comes out quite bad. But based on photos of FHD, HD and now SD, you can do a comparison:

Thanks bro - looks pretty neat to me... better than expected :)

The above pictures were taken in a totally dark environment - at late night, drew across all drapes, switched off all lights, etc. This enabled me to take picture with minimal camera shake. If you observe closely, after seeing the actual pic, you can still notice some blur. This is because the images are not statble, peoples' lips are moving, etc.

Also, you can note a small green dot in the bottom slight to the left of centre. That is the TataSky HD STB LED.

When watching in total darkness, one cannot easily make out where the screen ends, where the frame starts, where the frame ends, etc. The black bars in letterbox picture are seamless with the frame.

Check out my photos in the XT50 owners thread...not as high resolution as yours...I shot it in lower resolution..400KB each photo so that its easy to upload.

I checked them. You should not lower the camera resolution. Shoot in normal camera resolution and then upload. Website takes care of automatic resolution.

Thanks..i know that..prb is that my 35GB FUP per my BSNL plan got exhausted within 10 days of my billing cycle..as I went on a 3D movie downloading spree in anticipation of my impending TV buy. So now I am at 512kbps for rest of the billing cycle..hence wanted to keep the file sizes low..please do comment on my thread..Thx

anybody have any idea abt how much the 42st50 is retailing at in delhi....the dealers i talked to dnt have any clue abt when it would be available...

Assuming ideal viewing angle of 30, then one can easily work out the ideal viewing distance as follows:

ViweingDistance.png

p/s. I hope that I have got the mathematics right. :D:eek:

anybody have any idea abt how much the 42st50 is retailing at in delhi....the dealers i talked to dnt have any clue abt when it would be available...

I got in touch with Panasonic shop at Karol Bagh and they said 42ST50 is available. I did not bother with the price as 50UT50D is the more suitable for me (will be viewing in a dark room so UT50D without filter will give better picture)

I got in touch with Panasonic shop at Karol Bagh and they said 42ST50 is available. I did not bother with the price as 50UT50D is the more suitable for me (will be viewing in a dark room so UT50D without filter will give better picture)

Hi Manair,

Whats the price you are getting for 50UT50D and why are you preferring it over 50XT50D - the difference is FHD vs HD & 2500 Hz/600Hz I guess...

I assume you would be buying from karol Bagh only..

Re: is that IR?? Watch image 3 below the wall stand....

I can see a shadow of SYSTEM UPDATE....in a rectangle box....

:sad:
Ho! Ho! Ho! Don't jump the gun. The TV was ON at that time. It was undergoing the Viera system update. That is not any IR. My TV has run for nearly 36 hours now and there is no hint of any IR.

Last edited:
Re: is that IR?? Watch image 3 below the wall stand....

I can see a shadow of SYSTEM UPDATE....in a rectangle box....

:sad:

Man if you wanted to talk about only 1 image - why quote the entire post with many images and write-up.. please edit before you post.... :p

Hi Manair,

Whats the price you are getting for 50UT50D and why are you preferring it over 50XT50D - the difference is FHD vs HD & 2500 Hz/600Hz I guess...

I assume you would be buying from karol Bagh only..

50UT50D is between 74k-75k. I will use it as a monitor with my PC so need 1080p resolution because I will play mostly 1080p content and want to play games at maximum possible resolution. Also 720p will look too large as a PC screen for browsing etc.

3D Experience so far:
I did not purchase this TV for 3D. 3D is/was the least of my priorities. Whatever I watched till date was 3D content copied from the dealer which included some 3D movies. To be honest, other than Avatar 3D I did not find any of the other movies very grand. I get a slight headache after watching 3D after some time. Honestly, 3D is not for me.

3rd Party impressions:
Last Saturday, some friends visited me and when they saw the TV (it was not switched on), they asked, "When did you buy this LED TV?", "How much?", etc. I switched on the TV and they were super awed with the experience (TataSky HD). When I turned the blu-ray player (X-Men Origins: Wolverine), all of them were found collecting their jaws from the floor.

The "Plasma TV" label is very obscure and not very much readable at 10 ft. Every was thinking that this is the latest LED. It was at this point that I told them that this is a plasma TV. One of them has an LED TV and he agreed that his TV does not give this kind of depth of experience. To defend his own TV, he also added, "also your TV is much larger too".

3D Experience so far:
I did not purchase this TV for 3D. 3D is/was the least of my priorities. Whatever I watched till date was 3D content copied from the dealer which included some 3D movies. To be honest, other than Avatar 3D I did not find any of the other movies very grand. I get a slight headache after watching 3D after some time. Honestly, 3D is not for me.

3rd Party impressions:
Last Saturday, some friends visited me and when they saw the TV (it was not switched on), they asked, "When did you buy this LED TV?", "How much?", etc. I switched on the TV and they were super awed with the experience (TataSky HD). When I turned the blu-ray player (X-Men Origins: Wolverine), all of them were found collecting their jaws from the floor.

The "Plasma TV" label is very obscure and not very much readable at 10 ft. Every was thinking that this is the latest LED. It was at this point that I told them that this is a plasma TV. One of them has an LED TV and he agreed that his TV does not give this kind of depth of experience. To defend his own TV, he also added, "also your TV is much larger too".

Jiyaa ho bihaar ke laaala... :yahoo:

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back