Panasonic C10

Hey,
I am torn between buying a lcd and plasma. Well I am getting the x10 for Rs 33000 and the c10 for Rs 31000. Surely this is a really low price ?
I have also searched the features for both x10 and c10 at the panasonic site and he only difference visible to me is that x10 has 3 hdmi inputs against c10's 2. Rest all features seem to be exactly the same. The power consumption for both is 285 watts.
Another thing that S10(full hd) is available at Rs 45000.

Well what I am wondering is whether someone actually needs Full HD. I was speaking to one of the panasonic dealers and he said that He has Tata Sky HD installed at his showroom and nobody can tell the difference between the Picture quality for Tata Sky HD on the x10(HD ready) and s10(Full HD) with a naked eye. Can someone confirm if this is true ? Is this possible that there could only be a marginal difference in picture quality between Full HD and HD ready TV ?
Is it actually worth spending close to an extra 10000 for s10 against x10.

If I have to spend around 50 thousand then I feel it is better to invest in a Full HD LCD as compared to a plasma. I am getting a 40 inch Samsung LCD 40c650 for Rs 58000 and 40c550 for Rs 50500. Obviously both the above tv's from Samsung are having a lot many features as compared to a Panasonic plasma but the price difference is also quite a big factor here.

Finally coming back again to the earlier point can someone tell me if it is possible to tell any difference between the picture quality of HD signals on Hd Ready TV and any other Full HD LCD TV ? Is this difference actually visible to the naked eye ?

Kindly advise.

HI
The C10 and X10 you are talking about must be the 2009 model plasmas. Even so, the price you are getting is really good. But as Bublu Bhuyan will tell you Panasonic plasmas of 2009 allegedly suffer from black level problems. I don't know if this is really true but it's your call.... though I doubt you will notice any fading black levels unless you happen to be an expert TV reviewer who can make out such fine details.
In 42" screen size there will be a marginal difference between HD and HD ready. Whether you will be able to make out the difference depends on how trained your eye is and how close you are sitting to the screen.
I think the reason no one can make out the difference between s10 and x10 is that the source is at 1080i. So the Full HD is not being used to its full potential. Ask the dealer to connect a BluRay player and see if you can spot any difference. Again depends on you. For normal aam jaanta aadmi there should hardly be any discernible difference.
Full HD LCD as compared to Plasma is again a debatable issue. There will be an equal number of members ready to brandish talwaars in the defence of either technology, so it is better to go to the store and see which one you like better. But if you are ready to spend so much money on a 40" LCD then you can consider Panasonic's V20 plasma. According to the reports of forum members they are really good

Last edited:
So what exactly do you mean by " source is at 1080i " ? Is this the resolution being transmitted by Tata Sky ?
Also how come you are talking about the 2009 models here. Not sure if there is any difference between the 2009 42x10 Plasma and 2010 42x10. I dont think Panasonic have as such launched the 42X10 again in 2010. I guess in whatever year Panasonic had launched the X10 it has been the same since then. Dont know if there was an upgrade in the same model. Plz throw some light.

Last edited:
1080i is the resolution that the HD channels are being beamed in.
I meant that the x10 and C10 are 2009 models i.e. these models were launched in 2009. So even if the unit is manufactured in 2010 it continues to be listed as a 2009 model. If you want a Panasonic Plasma then you might be better off with a 2010 model like the V20, since it is to be assumed that Panasonic has fixed the alleged black level problems in its 2009 models. But again, the whole black level issue seems to have been blown way out of proportion....... no one on this forum has reported any such issue and many swear by their Panasonic plasmas.

Yeah I just checked out the P42V20D at Panasonic.co.in
This surely is one amazing machine compared to the X10. And the feature that amazes me the most is (atleast from the website) that the V20 is capable of playing DivX Videos thru usb - a feature that was till now missing from all Panasonic plasma / lcd's.
Although another thing which comes to my mind above all when buying a Plasma is the consumption of electricity. Well all Plasma just tend to EAT electricity. The V20's Rated Power Consumption is 350W which is more than twice the number for a comparable LCD. Also that the 42X10 is rated at 260W - again much lower than the V20. Guess one would have to pay more for the V20 and then even more for running it. In my case I am not sure I want to spend this much on running a TV as my family tends to use the television almost 10-12 hours a day.
Have done some research and it appears that the V20 can be bought at around 60K which is exactly double the amount one would pay for an X10.
" So honestly I dont think it really matters if X10 is a 2009 model as long as it is not a CAR. "

Last edited:
A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back