Toshiba U79 and U80 Owners Discussion And Review !!

I have shared the DV settings in that comment too.

But are they really playing at 4k. In my case the signal from Firestick is only sent at 1080p 60Hz when set to auto resolution.

will check and let you know.
You can check this by pressing the I+ icon on the TV remote.

ARC can do DD+ and even Atmos over DD+ just fine. The only things it can't do are 7.1 ch audio and high-res formats like True HD. SPDIF can only do upto 5.1 channel DD.

Both ARC and SPDIF can do lossless stereo audio. Neither can do lossless 5.1 channel. The difference between ARC and SPDIF is just DD+ audio and HDMI CEC support.

Lossless/uncompressed 5.1 and 7.1 channel is only supported over eARC.
what is the sound bar or HT that best suite for this TV.

Both ARC and SPDIF can do lossless stereo audio. Neither can do lossless 5.1 channel. The difference between ARC and SPDIF is just DD+ audio and HDMI CEC support.

Lossless/uncompressed 5.1 and 7.1 channel is only supported over eARC.
Oh I was wrong then. Always thought ARC can do lossless 5.1. Will check with the titles I have in some time and shall revert

Anyone who ordered U79 from Flipkart, is wall mount not included as part of the package?
Are we supported to pay extra for it?

Friend just told me that the Install guy charged him for it. Mine is yet to arrive and hence couldn't confirm.

Bought it from amazon, the installation was free and the wall mount/bracket is part of the package. The guys however asked me to pay 100/- for unmounting old TV.
Should be free for flipkart too but do check the product page once to verify.

Anyone who ordered U79 from Flipkart, is wall mount not included as part of the package?
Are we supported to pay extra for it?

Friend just told me that the Install guy charged him for it. Mine is yet to arrive and hence couldn't confirm.
I can see wall mount in my package which arrived today.

Didn't realise it was going to be so much bigger than my current 32.

I am facing some trouble with hdmi sync with my AVR which I hope will be resolved with time.

Folks, got the TV installed a few days back.. and this is what i when I have certain screens, the backlight seems to be un-even. As you can see the left top corner has is more "bright" and the right side a bit dark. Is this a backlight-panel problem, or I am reading too much into it. Or are they just artifacts of the backlight algo. I have no issues when content is being played all looks good.
The image quality of the photo is a bit iffy as I took it with ambient light off to highlight the issue.
1IMG_20201023_193441.jpg

Tagging @lightgamer and @fragpic to get their thoughts too.

Last edited:
Folks, got the TV installed a few days back.. and this is what i when I have certain screens, the backlight seems to be un-even. As you can see the left top corner has is more "bright" and the right side a bit dark. Is this a backlight-panel problem, or I am reading too much into it. Or are they just artifacts of the backlight algo. I have no issues when content is being played all looks good.
The image quality of the photo is a bit iffy as I took it with ambient light off to highlight the issue.
View attachment 51135

Did you check with laptop maybe? Not sure if there are any test apps to verify this.

Laptop Not yet, but I get a similar feel when I am using VIDAA apps or menus. But let me check with a laptop thats a great idea.

View attachment 51135

FireTV update screen is supposed to look like that. It's not supposed to be a uniform blue.

Try to load a uniform grey image like this and see.

Bought it from amazon, the installation was free and the wall mount/bracket is part of the package. The guys however asked me to pay 100/- for unmounting old TV.
Should be free for flipkart too but do check the product page once to verify.
My idiot friend did not check the contents of the package and just paid the Jeeves install guy 2900 for the wall mount o_O

My idiot friend did not check the contents of the package and just paid the Jeeves install guy 2900 for the wall mount o_O
My guy wanted 50/- for 5 screws as I was mounting on a ply and the included screws were of the fastner type. I gave him 5 screws from my old collection.

That's a common scam. If you check here on this thread that even my installer told me only the visit is free and installation would cost me ₹400 or so. Obviously I didn't budge and showed him the policy.

These guys are despicable. I generally give tips to guys who do service, but folks like these just get curses.

BTW, even a fancy 45 degree moving wall mount doesn't cost ₹2900.

That's a common scam. If you check here on this thread that even my installer told me only the visit is free and installation would cost me ₹400 or so. Obviously I didn't budge and showed him the policy.

These guys are despicable. I generally give tips to guys who do service, but folks like these just get curses.

BTW, even a fancy 45 degree moving wall mount doesn't cost ₹2900.
My friend got taken for a ride. Live and learn i guess :D

Installer is supposed to know the box contents. After all he is installing 100s of Tvs.
If he is lying through the teeth, anyone can become an idiot.
Buyer beware.

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back