Toshiba U79 and U80 Owners Discussion And Review !!

1. bose 500 soundbar
2. JBL 5.1 Bar
Which one is best
JBL is better by far, it's not even close. However, I'd say go for the JBL bar 9.1 as that's a better value for money around 70-75k. If you're looking strictly below 50k, look at the Samsung Q800T.

These only apply if you want a soundbar only. If you're okay with an HT setup, something like Yamaha 1840 for 30k would blow most of these away.

JBL is better by far, it's not even close. However, I'd say go for the JBL bar 9.1 as that's a better value for money around 70-75k. If you're looking strictly below 50k, look at the Samsung Q800T.

These only apply if you want a soundbar only. If you're okay with an HT setup, something like Yamaha 1840 for 30k would blow most of these away.
sorry. difference between soundbar and HT (may be with speakers right)

sorry. difference between soundbar and HT (may be with speakers right)
Soundbar is a bar. HT has separate speakers. This is the one I got(I got for ₹17.5k though):

Please send me a PM to ask more. We're deviating and going off topic.

Soundbar is a bar. HT has separate speakers. This is the one I got(I got for ₹17.5k though):

Please send me a PM to ask more. We're deviating and going off topic.
OK

I found the built in apps good enough, so dropped the idea of firestick 4k. For Disney and sonyliv using my regular firestick.
Oops I already ordered. Hope they don't release Hotstar app very soon so I can justify the purchase to myself lol :p

In any case i hope custom APK upload feature on fire stick itself will pay for the amount spent.

Crap! I forgot my AVR only supports 4K pass through and may not support HDR via AVR.

Anybody tried to use ARC on this TV for 5.1 audio?

Crap! I forgot my AVR only supports 4K pass through and may not support HDR via AVR.

it works till Dolby Digital Plus. I'm using it with my Yamaha AVR.

BTW strange issue with Amazon firetv 4k, with auto resolution, it hangs abruptly. The pic freezes while audio works. I changed it to force 4k with upto 12 bit and then its working. Anybody faced it too?

it works till Dolby Digital Plus. I'm using it with my Yamaha AVR.

BTW strange issue with Amazon firetv 4k, with auto resolution, it hangs abruptly. The pic freezes while audio works. I changed it to force 4k with upto 12 bit and then its working. Anybody faced it too?
The auto resolution is broken anyway and only does 1080p 60Hz at max. But I faced no such issues when I was testing that.

The only thing ARC can't do is pass Dolby True HD and 7.1 channel audio. Everything else, including Atmos via DD+ can be passed through ARC.

Even optical is enough to pass a Dolby Digital 5.1 channel audio.

The only thing ARC can't do is pass Dolby True HD and 7.1 channel audio. Everything else, including Atmos via DD+ can be passed through ARC.

Even optical is enough to pass a Dolby Digital 5.1 channel audio.
Thanks. Sounds good enough for the time being.

Need to start hunting for a new AVR as well now

when we play movies from fire stick the picture settings of TV always changes to Dolby Vision. do you tested any other settings for Dolby Vision apart from setting earlier you shared.

when we play movies from fire stick the picture settings of TV always changes to Dolby Vision. do you tested any other settings for Dolby Vision apart from setting earlier you shared.
I have shared the DV settings in that comment too.

it s work for me. the auto detect works till ultra HD. i can able to see movies.
But are they really playing at 4k. In my case the signal from Firestick is only sent at 1080p 60Hz when set to auto resolution.

You can check this by pressing the I+ icon on the TV remote.
@lightgamer : Don't think ARC can manage DD+ . Isn't it limited to DD ?
ARC can do DD+ and even Atmos over DD+ just fine. The only things it can't do are 7.1 ch audio and high-res formats like True HD. SPDIF can only do upto 5.1 channel DD.

It does. Thats the diff between ARC and SPDIF. The later can do lossy transmission while HDMI you get lossless and 7.1 too (Limited to 5.1 over ARC).
Both ARC and SPDIF can do lossless stereo audio. Neither can do lossless 5.1 channel. The difference between ARC and SPDIF is just DD+ audio and HDMI CEC support.

Lossless/uncompressed 5.1 and 7.1 channel is only supported over eARC.

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back