Toshiba U79 and U80 Owners Discussion And Review !!

Thanks for your suggestions guys, after waiting a lot for U7980 and still it's showing not deliverable to my pincode I bought TCL QLED C715 50" as they reduced the price from 45k to 40k for 1 day only. I will give me review after the delivery. Considering 4K TV options other than U7980 in 45k budget I think TCL C715 is better than Hisense, Samsung TU8000, VU Ultra, LG 7290, Sony 7400H, Philips etc. in terms of picture quality.

Yes its running the same offer as amazon
already i quoted the offer price(3599)only after that they have 10% discount on ICICI Bank credit\debit card instant discount for minmimum purchase 7500 and mazimum discount 1500 so that wont appllicable for this so i said.

lightgamer could you help me to calibrate my TV it got installed. or suggestions for one time setting for all kind of pictures.

can anyone help me to install Hotstar Disney+
You have firestick 4k, right. Just use search the app on the leftmost tab and install it. It works great.

lightgamer could you help me to calibrate my TV it got installed. or suggestions for one time setting for all kind of pictures.
Let me share the final settings I'm using. These are a bit different from the ones I shared before, but mostly the same:

As before, there are 3 modes: SDR, HDR and Sports. Detailed reasoning can be found in this comment from prior

Let me go setting by setting:

Apply picture settings: All sources.

Backlight: SDR to 90, HDR to 100, Sports to 100. For a darker room, reduce as per your comfort in SDR or sports mode.

Local dimming: SDR high, HDR high, sports low.

Brightness: 50

Contrast: 45 for SDR, 50 for HDR and 50 for sports.

Sharpness: 0

Colour saturation: 50 for HDR, 47 for SDR and 50 for Sports.

Adaptive contrast: off

Ultra-smooth motion: off for SDR, off for HDR, judder reduction 10 and blur reduction 1 for sports.

Noise reduction/MPEG noise reduction: low

White balance: The most important setting. Standard with -1 offset to blue in Expert settings>white balance. You can also try putting -1 to green if it improves the white point to your eye. In my case, it did with DV and HDR mode.

Expert settings: Gamma to 2.4 in SDR and Sports.

Let me know how these look for you, or if you've found better settings than these. I'd love to check those out.

BTW, for Dolby Vision, just use the Dolby Vision bright mode. You can set the white balance just like the previous modes (standard with -1 offset to blue, and maybe green).

@lightgamer I see you have gone with the Logitech Z906. Have you received it? How is the experience with U7980. How is the Samsung HW Q60T. I am getting it for around 18k.

@lightgamer I see you have gone with the Logitech Z906. Have you received it? How is the experience with U7980. How is the Samsung HW Q60T. I am getting it for around 18k.
It will take another week to receive the z906 at the very least.

U7980 has been great so far. It's a perfect purchase for my parents who would have burned-in an OLED for sure. If I was purchasing for my personal use(next year) I'd have gone for an OLED. IMO, nothing else makes sense at current Indian prices. You don't want a non FALD LCD and paying 1+ lac for a 55" LCD is madness.

Where are you getting the Q60T for ₹18k? That's a pretty amazing deal if you prefer soundbars over HT setup.

It will take another week to receive the z906 at the very least.

U7980 has been great so far. It's a perfect purchase for my parents who would have burned-in an OLED for sure. If I was purchasing for my personal use(next year) I'd have gone for an OLED. IMO, nothing else makes sense at current Indian prices. You don't want a non FALD LCD and paying 1+ lac for a 55" LCD is madness.

Where are you getting the Q60T for ₹18k? That's a pretty amazing deal if you prefer soundbars over HT setup.
Reliance is offering Q60T for ₹26990 with Samsung 32" TV free. The TV is retailing for ₹13490. They are ready to reduce 6K if I don't take the TV. Plus I am getting ₹2000 on card discount. I haven't yet bargained much. So I think I can bring it down to 18K.

Flipkart delivery arrived tomorrow installation will be done..thanks all for making my final move

Question to people using fire tv 4k stick with the tv.
Do the apps installed on fire stick like Kodi/VLC have access to USB connected hard drive and able to play movies from it? How is the experience compared to inbuilt player?

Reliance is offering Q60T for ₹26990 with Samsung 32" TV free.
Damn, is that an offline only deal? Because the one on RD site is for 24k with no such offer. You sure they haven't confused the Q60T soundbar with the Q60T TV? Because the deal with the former seems weird and too good to be true.

Just take the deal. It's an excellent soundbar for 18k.

Question to people using fire tv 4k stick with the tv.
Do the apps installed on fire stick like Kodi/VLC have access to USB connected hard drive and able to play movies from it? How is the experience compared to inbuilt player?
No, that is not possible. There is no way to expose the USB devices to HDMI. If that is your use case, you can buy an microUSB splitter for firestick 4k and plug the HDD directly to it. Something like this is built for that purpose:

Alternatively you can go with a mi TV 4k and just get a USB inbuilt.

I play files through network and VLC supports all kinds of network storages like SMB, NFS, FTP and so on.. My SMB share from PC over WiFi works fine.

No, that is not possible. There is no way to expose the USB devices to HDMI. If that is your use case, you can buy an microUSB splitter for firestick 4k and plug the HDD directly to it. Something like this is built for that purpose:

Alternatively you can go with a mi TV 4k and just get a USB inbuilt.

I play files through network and VLC supports all kinds of network storages like SMB, NFS, FTP and so on.. My SMB share from PC over WiFi works fine.
But where is vlc client running?

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back