Toshiba U79 and U80 Owners Discussion And Review !!

This was just a fun debugging experiment I did. I had a theory on why it wasn't working and wanted to verify that. Turns out my guess was right. Have switched back to 4k 60.
So the ideal Display settings of the Firestick should be kept to Resolution = 2160p 60Hz, Color Depth = 12 Bits Color Format = Auto is this the correct setting ?
And for DV content on Netflix to use the native TV app right ?

Regarding AMC or extended warranty from Toshiba. Do you have any idea, how it could be availed and what cost? Thanks for the reply
I had called up Toshiba to check about the Extended warranty if possible by the company but they informed me that currently they don't have any such extended warranty options but may start in the future.
I have bought a 3yrs fully covered extended warranty from Onsitego for my 65U7980 and it has costed me ₹6950/=

I had called up Toshiba to check about the Extended warranty if possible by the company but they informed me that currently they don't have any such extended warranty options but may start in the future.
I have bought a 3yrs fully covered extended warranty from Onsitego for my 65U7980 and it has costed me ₹6950/=
Is anyone having prior experience with onsitego tv? Most online reviews are about mobile protection and they are mixed.

Could you please guide me how to get that at the price you mentioned. ThNk you

Is anyone having prior experience with onsitego tv? Most online reviews are about mobile protection and they are mixed.

Could you please guide me how to get that at the price you mentioned. ThNk you
Why not go with reliance? It comes with 3 years warranty by default at no extra cost.

I have had warranty issue with my LG Convection Microwave in the month of April and it was past it's 1 year company warranty... I had to wait for nearly a month as due to the initial strict lockdown period nobody from Onsitego could visit my place for the repairs but later as things opened up the guy from Onsitego visited... the issue was with the main part of the heating mechanism that heats the microwave function and the cost of the part was ₹2500. Due to lockdown as they were working from home so I was asked to make the payment of ₹2500 and was asked to upload the bill on their email id for reimbursement of the amount, once I uploaded the bill on their email id the amount was credited to my bank account within 2 days... I would say they very professional with their approach and even called back for a feedback. I have been taking extended warranty from them for all the appliances that I've been buying on Amazon or Flipkart.

I have had warranty issue with my LG Convection Microwave in the month of April and it was past it's 1 year company warranty... I had to wait for nearly a month as due to the initial strict lockdown period nobody from Onsitego could visit my place for the repairs but later as things opened up the guy from Onsitego visited... the issue was with the main part of the heating mechanism that heats the microwave function and the cost of the part was ₹2500. Due to lockdown as they were working from home so I was asked to make the payment of ₹2500 and was asked to upload the bill on their email id for reimbursement of the amount, once I uploaded the bill on their email id the amount was credited to my bank account within 2 days... I would say they very professional with their approach and even called back for a feedback. I have been taking extended warranty from them for all the appliances that I've been buying on Amazon or Flipkart.
Thank you. Couldn't find the warranty at the price you mentioned. That's why asked you . If possible please share the link. Thank you

One question on the DV..

I used the builtin NF app on the TV and played a Dolby Vision content (Bad boy billionaires). To my surprise, the picture mode changed to 'Dolby Vision Bright' but when I pressed the 'i+' button on the remote, it did show the picture mode as 1080p rather than DV or 4K. Any idea is something that I am missing?

Why not go with reliance? It comes with 3 years warranty by default at no extra cost.

Checked a reliance digital store in Bangalore and even they didn't have it in store.

On the other hand again looked at OLED yesterday and they blows everything else out of water. I feel two TVs (one <70k and another one OLED may be after 1-2 years once burnin issues are properly sorted out) is best combo (at least for me). Spending 60K more for Sony 90h doesn't look like that good of a compromise to me.

One question on the DV..

I used the builtin NF app on the TV and played a Dolby Vision content (Bad boy billionaires). To my surprise, the picture mode changed to 'Dolby Vision Bright' but when I pressed the 'i+' button on the remote, it did show the picture mode as 1080p rather than DV or 4K. Any idea is something that I am missing?
Mine sometimes starts from 480p lol. Give it time, it will go to 720, 1080, 1440 and then 2160p. I just checked on mine with a bunch of shows and all go to 2160p with DV (bad boy billionaires, stranger things, money heist, black mirror and peaky blinders).

It really depends if Netflix has cached that show in your area or with your ISP or not. If they have, it starts from 1440p or even 2160p. If it hasn't, it will take a couple of minutes. I'm assuming you at least have a stable(non 4G) broadband connection with at least 25 Mbps here.

Brother I need your help. 55U7980 is not available in my area so I have only 2 option:-
Toshiba 50U5050 (350-400Nits), No FALD
TCL "QLED" C715 (330Nits), No FALD

As u said other than brightness C715 is better than U7980, so in my case both TV's have almost same brightness, so TCL's QLED C715 will beat TOSHIBA's 50U5050 in terms of picture quality?

Can anyone help me? My max budget is 45k, and I shortlisted Toshiba 50U5050 and TCL QLED C715. Any other 50-55inch tv recommendations for only Netflix watching.
@ShivShubh

Sorry bro for taking a bit to respond.

As I mentioned C715 has warm/pale skin tone(Looses details when the picture is bright) issue and which is not a small thing. For your reference here I am sharing youtube link which is made by someone else.

Few screenshots from youtube video where you can notice the issue.

tcl_c715_!.pngtcl_c715_2.png

I made small video on C715 issue here is the download link https://wsi.li/dl/9wHnvzcWAbiK5z43j/

There is a workaround for this problem,you need to choose PC mode instead of other picture modes but we cannot watch every content with this PC mode. Eventually it is not an hardware issue it can be resolved with software updates and I dont think TCL will resolve this issue any time soon.

Coming to U7980, Due to FALD panel you will experience deeper blacks and brighter whites. Also you cannot expect excellent color reproduction.
I have been experiencing blurry picture issue always looses the details on the faces and other areas and picture upscaling is very poor. If you watch HD and SD channels a lot then don't go for U79. For netflix and prime this is the best tv at this price range. TV OS resolution is not fit well text and images are blurry .. so you cannot rely on the TV OS to play Netflix,prime or any other OTTs. Additionally, you have to purchase firestick 4k.

Last edited:
Yeh, I have a 50m
Mine sometimes starts from 480p lol. Give it time, it will go to 720, 1080, 1440 and then 2160p. I just checked on mine with a bunch of shows and all go to 2160p with DV (bad boy billionaires, stranger things, money heist, black mirror and peaky blinders).

It really depends if Netflix has cached that show in your area or with your ISP or not. If they have, it starts from 1440p or even 2160p. If it hasn't, it will take a couple of minutes. I'm assuming you at least have a stable(non 4G) broadband connection with at least 25 Mbps here.
Yeh, I have a broadband link and I was watching the show on TV's own NF app. I will retry this and will wait for sometime.

Back