Toshiba U79 and U80 Owners Discussion And Review !!

anyone knows if any RD bangalore showroom shave this available? I couldn't find one in 2-3 I enquired. Only FK has availability.

My 55u7980 was deliver in Saturday morning(Flipkart). The installation guy came in the afternoon only to find the screen completely shattered

I got a replacement today and waiting for the installation to be done. As I took the 3 years warranty from Flipkart, anyone has any idea how to get it transferred to the new replacement TV?

I can buy only from flipkart as RD has no stock right now.
Regards warranty extension, I've 2 options. 1 is the flipkart complete protection which is handled by Jeeves and the other is onstitego.
Could anyone please guide me as to which one to choose

Hi guys, don't have the time or willpower to go through this humongous thread, what's the general consensus between tcl c715 vs toshiba u7980? Which one ll be a better buy?

can anyone suggest HT 5.1 for this TV under 30000
I went with Logitech Z906 for 19k(minus 1.5k HDFC discount so total 17.5k) in the Amazon sale. If you want slightly better highs and more codec support, consider Yamaha 1840 for ₹31k. The Yamaha isn't as good for the low end (bass) and output though.

Hi guys, don't have the time or willpower to go through this humongous thread, what's the general consensus between tcl c715 vs toshiba u7980? Which one ll be a better buy?
@soumyajit92 U7980 is better, no contest.

since I waited whole sale for u7980 to be available at my pincode but it didnt happen, so, can someone from hyderabad, bangalore take up my tv delivery and I will arrange the courier pickup from there to my location.

order 55u7980 from reliance digital for 47k with 3 years manufacture warranty along with amazon 4k fire stick. now officially :) i am also part of this threed
Does reliance also have the same offer for fire tv 4k or did you order from amazon?

If you are returning and still looking for tv, Philip's 6604 is primarily good for upscaling, motion resolution and fine details. It will be in the ballpark of c715 in brightness, a bit better at 350 usable nits.
Also Panasonic's 700 and 800 range are good for fine details and upscaling but poor blacks.

Does reliance also have the same offer for fire tv 4k or did you order from amazon?

If you are returning and still looking for tv, Philip's 6604 is primarily good for upscaling, motion resolution and fine details. It will be in the ballpark of c715 in brightness, a bit better at 350 usable nits.
Also Panasonic's 700 and 800 range are good for fine details and upscaling but poor blacks.
no relience does not have the offer of amazon

Yesterday asked toshiba representative about the availability of 7980. They told me stocks will be available next week.

As I would be placing my next TV on a trolley, I need to know the distance between two legs (in inches) of 55" U7980. Thanks in advance.

Thanks for your suggestion. I return TCL C715 after that I bought U7980 and I am ok with this. I had a bitter experience with Panasonic products/service and their TVs are not at all durable.

Last edited:
A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back