Toshiba U79 and U80 Owners Discussion And Review !!

Hi.. I am unable to change the inputs on my U7980 through firestick. Any idea on what could be the issue. Any particular remote code to use?
I don't think the firestick remote is supposed to change the inputs of the TV. However, if there is some way, I'd love to know how to do so. Then I can just ditch the TV remote.

There are options but never worked for me. So like same let me know if it works

Wow, didn't know you could do that. So, I managed to make it work.

What I did:
Set confirmation command to ON
Set Firestick to HDMI1 (because it's on HDMI1. If it's on HDMI 2/3/4 on your TV, set it to that)

Now, pressing home button on firestick will always bring you back to firestick's HDMI. Also, asking alexa to 'switch to HDMI4' will switch it to HDMI4 for example. Perfect!

Wow, didn't know you could do that. So, I managed to make it work.

What I did:
Set confirmation command to ON
Set Firestick to HDMI1 (because it's on HDMI1. If it's on HDMI 2/3/4 on your TV, set it to that)

Now, pressing home button on firestick will always bring you back to firestick's HDMI. Also, asking alexa to 'switch to HDMI4' will switch it to HDMI4 for example. Perfect!
That was quick. There was another trick by pressing Up navigation button twice to change inputs. Which didn't work for me. Alexa can try.

Hi all. I wanna get the Hisense U7G/U8G 55 inch. What are the chances that either hisense or toshiba release these particular models in India before 2022? Any1 tried importing coz these black friday prices in d US are too good to ignore!

After importing, those will cost the same as OLEDs in India, but without a warranty.
Ofcourse, I know that bruh. Was asking about ppl who brought it into india as a 'personal effect' just like laptops n Iphones. Just that a 55 inch TV will be difficult to explain as a used personal item but I've heard many who hav successfully done it.
P.s - I have a cousin comin to india in jan 22 dats y exploring my options.

Ofcourse, I know that bruh. Was asking about ppl who brought it into india as a 'personal effect' just like laptops n Iphones. Just that a 55 inch TV will be difficult to explain as a used personal item but I've heard many who hav successfully done it.
I know couple of folks who had troubles getting their massive TVs from gulf countries to India. The custom guys got some hefty fines from them of the tune of 100% of the TV cost.

It all depends on the mood of the customs officer that day, which can depend on his food, fight with his wife, commute etc...

I know couple of folks who had troubles getting their massive TVs from gulf countries to India. The custom guys got some hefty fines from them of the tune of 100% of the TV cost.

It all depends on the mood of the customs officer that day, which can depend on his food, fight with his wife, commute etc...
On top of all this, I am pretty sure you will need a step down transformer to use a US model TV in India

I don't think it is worth it, if you can get 55 inch BX for 90K from Flipkart. If you are getting something for 100 * (dollar price), I don't think it is worth it. Moreover, what happens if the screen breaks during transport? The risk is just too high for the benefit that you might be getting. The only screen size that might be worth importing would be 77 in, but then, I think next year the prices for 77 inch models would be reasonable in India too. 3000 USD is the normal price for 77 C1. I expect that in India also it would be 3 lac by next year.

Hi,
Anybody able to play Disney hotstar in 4k on fire tv stick?
Earlier I was able to set the fire tv resolution to 2160p 60hz and all dolby vision content played in hdr10 4k. Now the fire tv tries to play DV in 4K and fails, giving an error message.
If resolution is set to auto, everything including DV is played at 1080p.

Did anyone get a 300mb update on their unit? family member put it to later before I could read it completely. Don't know where to access it.

Hi,
Anybody able to play Disney hotstar in 4k on fire tv stick?
Earlier I was able to set the fire tv resolution to 2160p 60hz and all dolby vision content played in hdr10 4k. Now the fire tv tries to play DV in 4K and fails, giving an error message.
If resolution is set to auto, everything including DV is played at 1080p.
any update on this? I'm planning to get a Toshiba tv with the 4k fire stick, if Disney doesn't play in DV that'd be a deal-breaker for me.

any update on this? I'm planning to get a Toshiba tv with the 4k fire stick, if Disney doesn't play in DV that'd be a deal-breaker for me.
Yes. Now it plays in 4k HDR10 after an update.
You may consider the hisense U6G, which natively plays Disney and it's an overall better tv.

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back