Join the party: Mumbai HFV Meet 2011!

We can consider to have soonest a small meet of 10/15 people at my or someone else's residence and in January a bigger meet can be worked out at some hall etc.

V.

Welcome guys ruenigma, Brajendu, Askii, Cherian, Vinay and Flash. It will be great to have you all here.

Meanwhile this is the hall I was talking about. Sorry for the crappy pics.

11112011.jpg

11112011a.jpg

Its bigger than seen in the pics (narrow lens on mobile). Its perfect for a group of about 25 members. With carpets and wooden backdrop, acoustically it is quite good! :D

The cost (of hall + food + tea) is same as told before but taxes (18%) extra. Ie close to Rs. 600 per head. The food will be good. Comparing the cost of a medium size pizza @ Rs. 300, the buffet will be far better. But I guess it can be negotiated given the fact that our company used to rent the bigger hall quite frequently for corporate events. I am hopeful to finalize it at Rs. 500 inclusive of all... hall, food, tea and taxes. Not sure though.

We might have to pay booking amount though. Participating members may have to pay advance.
So its getting complex now but nothing we cannot manage....Denom- what do you suggest? Hall is free on 25th Dec.

Sorry I forgot to ask the room rent. Will let you know tomorrow.

Last edited:
Welcome guys ruenigma, Brajendu, Askii, Cherian, Vinay and Flash. It will be great to have you all here.

Meanwhile this is the hall I was talking about. Sorry for the crappy pics.

11112011.jpg

11112011a.jpg

Its bigger than seen in the pics (narrow lens on mobile). Its perfect for a group of about 25 members. With carpets and wooden backdrop, acoustically it is quite good! :D

The cost (of hall + food + tea) is same as told before but taxes (18%) extra. Ie close to Rs. 600 per head. The food will be good. Comparing the cost of a medium size pizza @ Rs. 300, the buffet will be far better. But I guess it can be negotiated given the fact that our company used to rent the bigger hall quite frequently for corporate events. I am hopeful to finalize it at Rs. 500 inclusive of all... hall, food, tea and taxes. Not sure though.

We might have to pay booking amount though. Participating members may have to pay advance.
So its getting complex now but nothing we cannot manage....Denom- what do you suggest? Hall is free on 25th Dec.

Sorry I forgot to ask the room rent. Will let you know tomorrow.

Sounds & looks good Santy. BTW, is this hall part of the Park Hotel in CBD Belapur???
Have been there & yea the food on the whole is good. Since your company has regular corporate events here, I'm sure you can work things out on the pricing/maybe we can go together & discuss rates + arrangements with the designated persons in charge there.

Thing now is to get the date fixed so that we can proceed further. Thanks for getting us an alternative location Santy:clapping:

Denom. This is at Yogi Midtown near Hyundai Showroom (Sanpada police station, in Turbhe MIDC)

I was at Park last Friday for a event hosted by Siemens. They are quite expensive and I guess they do not have halls of this size. They are much bigger. However, I promise the food @ Yogi is better than Park.

Meanwhile as you said, the date need to be finalised quickly and we need more participants. Can you talk to SuperMod to send a message to all Mumbai members or atleast keep this thread sticky enough to get attention :D

We need to talk to dealers/ distributors also. Pristine note specializes in headphones/ earphones; Gautam does not have any hifi gear other than these.

Great idea guys... I was hoping for a Mumbai meet... I am in for sure :D...Although Navi Mumbai is a bit out of the way for some ppl,I agree it is the perfect location for both Mumbai & pune ppl to reach... Also it would be a good idea to collect the money in advance just in case... Just PM me the payment detail(like the acct number of whoever is collecting the money)... I am presently in my home town but if we can decide upon a fixed date,I can plan my trip to mumbai accordingly...

Santy, are you working thru your company on a corporate with Yogi ? We have a corporate rate with them. I may not be able to attend the event as I may be out of town during the last week of December, however I can try to work on a good rate. Let me know if you would like me to get you a quote.

Hi all,

Just called my club, they inform me that the conference hall is booked for whole of December on weekends. So only Mon-Thu slots available in December.

I am OK with Thursday ,but let others decide.

Subject to the date being suitable, I'm in. Look fwd to seeing the Mumbai Gang, esp those who temporarily defected to Pune :)

Viki

Hi Mumbai guys,
Best wishes for the Mumbai Meet.

I'm not in a position to confirm my presence presently... though would love to be part of this if things work out.

Regds,
Sonosphere

Last edited:
Guys count me in too. I'm looking forward to the meet as this will be the first one for me and am flexible for the date.

Welcome to newly confirmed members!!! Great going!

Ash,
I would suggest to go for two levels of negotiation.
I will first bring it down, later you can chip in. What say?

But what we need to decide first is the location, date and the list of participants. So far the situation is like this:

Confirmed (12):
- Spiro
- Denom
- Hemant
- Santy
- darshanjoshi
- avidyarthy
- ruenigma
- Brajendu
- askii2
- rajadeep
- Modsy
- TheCoolestOne

Interested, but unsure list (considering 25th Dec) (6):
- Cherian
- vinay
- Flash
- Viki
- sonosphere
- Ash

We need atleast 30 members on list so about 25 can be expected.

At Yogi Midtown, cost per head: INR 500+ 5% VAT + 10% SC+3.09% ST. Hall charges included.

Audio equipments extra. We don't need them anyway :lol:
However, we can bring a small LCD for playing tracks from PC just in case.

Tentative Menu for food:

MID MORNING BREAK
Tea & Coffee
Assorted Biscuits

LUNCH
SOUP
Cream of Tomato

SALADS
Sliced Garden Fresh Salad
Miloni Raita
Achar/ Chutney/ Papad

MAIN COURSE
Paneer Lajawab
Veg. Hyderabadi
Dal Tadka
Steamed Rice
Roti / Naan / Paratha

DESSERTS
Chocolate Coffee Ice- Cream

MID EVENING BREAK
Tea & Coffee
Assorted Biscuits

I think food is least important here :D compared to the gears available for audition. So please guys fill up this excel sheet, PLEASE...

And anyone in Mumbai has any good contact with any distributors? Please talk to them guys.... we need to have something big for the "climax".

Last edited:
I will be attending the meet as long as it does not clash with my travel dates.

In the next few days when the meet date is announced we all can clearly know if we can attend or no.

The earlier attempts to hold a meet never worked out so this time the meet should take place even if the members are less etc and importantly the date should be decided within a week before the matter could get in a cold storage.

If we do not get enough members to join the meet at a paid venue then it seems the only choice is to host it at some one's spacious house in New Mumbai etc.

V.

It seems auto as can see your entry spiro! Meanwhile couple of things:

We need to fix ASAP:

1) Date
2) Venue
3) Charges for Venue & Refreshments
4) Demo Tracks 2 of them which will be constant for all gears on demo

Based on which we can get some confirmed attendees & also give sufficient notice to dealers/distri's to bring gears for our benefit!

:)

Hi all

I have sent PM to all who have shown interest. I also request you to contact known fellow members in Mumbai who may not be aware of the event.

Please fill up the excel sheet if you are confirming.

The venue, I believe we must freeze @ YogiMidTown, Navi Mumbai.
Date: We could keep it flexible between two options: 18th Dec and 25th Dec : the later will give us enough time to gather momentum and prepare well.
Charges: We will keep it tentatively at about Rs. 550 inclusive of all, but we will negotiate.
Demo Tracks: All of you throw please some suggestions, we will pick two from them.

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back