Join the party: Mumbai HFV Meet 2011!

Santy

Thanks to Spiro, Denom and Hemant for setting the ball rolling.

Here we go. Grand Mumbai Meet: expecting Mumbai, Navi Mumbai, Thane and Pune guys to join.. We must plan it in the month of Dec 2011.

The excel sheet is ready (hope Sono has no copyright issues)

Confirmed Participants so far:
-Spiro
-Denom
-Hemant
-Santy

As suggested by Denom, the proposed meeting place is a club in Vashi, Navi Mumbai. Ideal crowd size 25 to 30.

We assure you that there will be loads and loads of fun.

Just repeating my post from here:
http://www.hifivision.com/av-lounge/14359-you-ready-2nd-mumbai-meet-2010-a-4.html#post306690

I propose a meet in Vashi, Navi Mumbai. My club there has a nice conference room(can accommodate 200+ :eek:hyeah: so no shortage of space), where we can organise a good meet , along with food & drink. Ample parking available too!

It will be like a centre point for Mumbaikers & Punekars (M&P's). What say fellow M&P's???

Incidentally the club also has rooms available if any one joining us from outside mumbai/pune wants to avail of for staying over night pre/post meet & such.

We can accordingly also invite dealers/distri's to join us & give demo's of some of their brands, which I feel will be mutually beneficial to all involved

I hope we have the blessings of Super mod in this meet & that we can make it a great success.

Awaiting response from all members interested in joining/organising for MUMBAI HFV MEET!!!

Kindly also give tentative date(s) suitable.

:licklips:

I would get to see the 'date' in here.

Hope another Northie would not vitiate the already contaminated Mumbai hinterland? Date permitting and your favourable approvals, would like to be a part of this exciting meet.

Hi!! The meet is a great Idea.

Regarding Forum members from Pune or else where who would like stay the night, please also quote the overnight packages once the venue is confirmed.

Bringing in dealers for Demo would be a great idea too as some one suggested.

Cheers,
naj

Hope another Northie would not vitiate the already contaminated Mumbai hinterland? Date permitting and your favourable approvals, would like to be a part of this exciting meet.

hey buddy, you are welcome. If you make it, you will set a new benchmark on how far an audiophile would travel to quench his thrist :)

Regarding Forum members from Pune or else where who would like stay the night, please also quote the overnight packages once the venue is confirmed.

naj

Sure, this info will follow. Are you coming?

I am in fellas!
Let's make this happen.:)
Please count on me too,:yahoo:

Welcome guys; Going at this rate, it seems you guys will outnumber Mumbaities. Hope it wouldn't become the Third Pune Meet in Mumbai. :eek:hyeah:

Hi all,

Just called my club, they inform me that the conference hall is booked for whole of December on weekends. So only Mon-Thu slots available in December. Else we have to wait til Jan '12 for week end/sunday option.

Rates for AC Conference Hall Usage (8 Hrs) - 6000/-
Buffet:- Veg -260/- & Non Veg - 300/- per head

Tariff for Rooms - 2000/- per day (AC/Double Bed)

Now that all info is available, we need to fix the date for the meet so that we do not have any issue w r t availability of the conference hall.

Also request Super Mod to make this Thread sticky & visible on front page of site so that it cannot be missed out :)

At 20 participants, the room rent will come to 300 per person, which should be ok. It'll be even better if we have industry participants bearing a major chunk of the room rent.

Food rates are reasonable. I hope you aren't serious about the veg. option :lol:. I have also noted that drinks aren't mentioned :rolleyes:

In my case weekdays are ok if I have an advance notice (2 weeks). I have doubts about how many people we can gather on a weekday, though.

Would love to participate if I am in Mumbai at the time. Am in Kerala for a few weeks, hope to be back before Xmas.

BTW, Pristine Note is in Navi Mumbai and may be considered as a possible A/V Dealer for the event.

Weekdays are not okay at all. We have to find out a different place / hotel. Denom- we will start hunting for it. Yes it appears most of the hotels will be busy for xmas and new year.

EDIT: There's a conference hall in Yogi Midtown, Sanpada. Its about 1200 to 1500 sqft in size, very ideal for the meet. My friend had organised for a Photography group meet. They charged Rs. 500 inclusive of lunch + tea (twice) and hall charges (a.c). There's ofcourse a couple of bars so no issues about it. I will find out the availability and also the room charges. There are some more options in Belapur, will gather more details.

Last edited:
Yeaaah ....... Sanpada is teeming with 'bars' .... the esspecial ones ... won't mind such joints as a distraction from the audio exercise .... :p

I think the meet should be in a area from where most of them will participate or there should be a vote.

I am travelling to Shimla between 1st & 14th December and will travel again nearly for the full of January'12. I hope the meet will be on a day when i am not travelling, otherwise there will be a next time when i can catch up. I can attend a meet on any week-end.

V.

I propose a meet in Vashi, Navi Mumbai.

It will be like a centre point for Mumbaikers & Punekars (M&P's). What say fellow M&P's???

Awaiting response from all members interested in joining/organising for MUMBAI HFV MEET!!!

Kindly also give tentative date(s) suitable.

Last edited:
Count me in as well ... somewhere in Navi Mumbai seems like a good place for mumbaikars as well as Punekars to converge - (((Lonavala would be even better :yahoo:)))
However i am open to any weekend .. except for the Christmas week 23rd dec to 1st Jan.

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back