Toshiba U79 and U80 Owners Discussion And Review !!

Dont buy any sound bar without the centre channel, else you will miss the dialoges while watching movies ..
Last week went to relaince digital near my home and tried a few soundbar.
Samsung Q60T, it was good, tried some sound modes adaptive mode was ok, the Game mode had better vocals but less bass,the surround mode had a lot of rumbling and the surround effect was prominent, but dialogue clarity was not up to the mark.
Sony HTF500 RF was surprisingly good but no wireless subwoofer too many wires are a let down.
JBL soundbars were too bassy dont remember the name but the midrange was not that good.
Samsung HWTQ800T has good review in Rtings but the price is too high in India,and it was not there in relaince digital for Demo.

Dont buy any sound bar without the centre channel, else you will miss the dialoges while watching movies ..
Last week went to relaince digital near my home and tried a few soundbar.
Samsung Q60T, it was good, tried some sound modes adaptive mode was ok, the Game mode had better vocals but less bass,the surround mode had a lot of rumbling and the surround effect was prominent, but dialogue clarity was not up to the mark.
Sony HTF500 RF was surprisingly good but no wireless subwoofer too many wires are a let down.
JBL soundbars were too bassy dont remember the name but the midrange was not that good.
Samsung HWTQ800T has good review in Rtings but the price is too high in India,and it was not there in relaince digital for Demo.
Yeah, thinking of getting the philips only. It has a rather strong centre channel (equal output to combined L + R). Also seems to be highly reviewed in the UK.

Some Indian reviewers also rated it highly at ₹30k. So at ₹20k seems like a steal to me.

Hello U7980 owners, not sure if this has been discussed on this forum earlier but I don't see Dolby Vision content on the native Amazon Prime app. I know for a fact there is some Dolby Vision content available on Prime, for eg: Jack Ryan. When I open Jack Ryan it only shows HDR. Am I missing some setting? Or has Prime stopped displaying Dolby Vision content?

In that case, why don't you just connect the firestick 4k to the TV and connect the soundbar through HDMI ARC. Losing HDR is generally worse than losing DTS and Atmos.

Yeah, I think the Philips seems very good for the price. Abroad, this TV is sold for equivalent for ₹30k and is reviewed highly. For ₹20k these seem like a steal. I won't be able to get Atmos though, but I guess that's fine since they won't do very good atmos anyway and 3.1 channel should be more than enough for me.
Where are you getting the Phillips ones for 20k? That are 26k currently on Amazon and flipkart?

Where are you getting the Phillips ones for 20k? That are 26k currently on Amazon and flipkart?
They were ₹20k yesterday on Flipkart till evening. When I went to purchase them in the night, the price was already increased:(. I'm sad to have missed such a deal.

Well, maybe on Diwali sale then.

They were ₹20k yesterday on Flipkart till evening. When I went to purchase them in the night, the price was already increased:(. I'm sad to have missed such a deal.

Well, maybe on Diwali sale then.
Damn, I am on the lookout for a decent soundbar around 15-25k as well, did you consider the samsung q60r and q60t?

I have been using 55U7980 from the past one week. Here are pros and cons

Pros
1. Provides OLED like blacks
2. Very bright panel
3 Local dimming is good
4. Quick bootup time

Cons

1. Picture quality is not that great looses details in dark and bright areas and looks blur
2. Upscaling of HD channels is very poor.
3. Picture sharpness is also not great and even the text also appearing blur.(from all source)
4. Viewing angles are bad
5.Colors are not accurate but it is not an issue,user calibrate

First I bought TCL C715 which had some picture quality issue. c715 had warm skin tone issue but can be resolved by choosing PC mode. Anyhow I returned that tv. If I compare with U79 with TCL-C715, both are very good tvs in terms of the picture quality. Due to TCLs 300nits panel its way behind U79 otherwise c715 is best value for money.C715 has better color reproduction and sharpness
Brother I need your help. 55U7980 is not available in my area so I have only 2 option:-
Toshiba 50U5050 (350-400Nits), No FALD
TCL "QLED" C715 (330Nits), No FALD

As u said other than brightness C715 is better than U7980, so in my case both TV's have almost same brightness, so TCL's QLED C715 will beat TOSHIBA's 50U5050 in terms of picture quality?

Can anyone help me? My max budget is 45k, and I shortlisted Toshiba 50U5050 and TCL QLED C715. Any other 50-55inch tv recommendations for only Netflix watching.

Damn, I am on the lookout for a decent soundbar around 15-25k as well, did you consider the samsung q60r and q60t?
The Samsung T45E(same as HW-T450 but for the online market I guess) is selling for ₹10k right now on Amazon. from that, the Q60T isn't much of an upgrade and costs 2.8x more. Yes, you get more channels and more volume, but not that much more clarity (check the review of rtings of T450 v/s Q60T). The Q60R is also a minor step up from the Q60T, but it's not deliverable in my area.

Samsung Q800T has gone for as low as ₹29999 on flipkart a month ago (checked using a pricing history website). So if you're ready to wait, there may be a similar deal on Diwali on that.

At this point, I'm just contemplating getting the T45E now and wait for a deal on a very good soundbar next year(something like Q800T/Q900T). The deals this year suck and this TV has fairly awful speakers, so the T45E will be an amazing upgrade from these anyway.

U8080 update

The guy at Toshiba says the u8080 might launch next week I'm definitely not trusting this guy.

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back