Toshiba U79 and U80 Owners Discussion And Review !!

A off Topic question. RD has 55inch U7980 that can delivered to my friends place in Mumbai. How would I go about getting it delivered to my city Nagpur using a courier service and which should I use?
Make sure you would receive service/warranty claims at new address.

So far I can say for certain that Mumbai RD has the Tv available and they can deliver it to my friends place in Mumbai, Kandivali.

Using courier personally will be risky, so think wisely when you can wait a couple of months and get it easily as U7950 local assembly has started.
And secondly, Delhivery is one of the worst courier services in India, so avoid them at all costs.

Using courier personally will be risky, so think wisely when you can wait a couple of months and get it easily as U7950 local assembly has started.
And secondly, Delhivery is one of the worst courier services in India, so avoid them at all costs.
Delhivery for me un blr was one of the worst delivery partners for amazon, i had to eventually return the product as i wasnt able to get in touch with them. 50k worth of an item I would say wait a few days as local prodn must bring numbers up. If everyone says cant validate with toshiba hisense already, how do you expect to get service done. Maybe 1000 service or fulfilment centers is just a tall claim

Hey guys, been a lurker for quite sometime. Finally managed to go through all the pages of this thread.

I'm looking for a 4K 55inch TV and had my heart set on the Toshiba U5050. But seems like U7980 is much better and my budget is around 50k so I can afford the latter.

I'll be using the TV for OTT content consumption and casual console gaming.

Is the input lag so bad that this TV can't be used for casual gaming as well? Also, is there any other better option or should I go with the U7980?

Any kind of help will be highly appreciated.
I use this TV for gaming on my PS4 Pro. Haven't noticed any lags and works well.

1000 service centers are a bit of an overkill claim , the real number which I believe is 300+ at least as per my knowledge most of the districts in every state of an India has one service center you can check it out from there website , this is just an estimate from what I've seen in my state and I'm from Kerala , I believe north Indian states might have more service centers than Kerala due to large number of potential buyers I Kerala I believe 14 would be there ie 14 districts = 14 service Centers

I was also looking for Toshiba u7980 65" since last few months but was never in stock in M.P. So recently bought one from RD pune store. Will be delivered to my cousin's home in Pune and I will be bringing it to my city through train in few days.
Just got this TV installed and i am blown away with the picture quality. The blacks are inky black, brightness is too good and colors look so amazing in this tv. I remember seeing an oled in one of the showrooms, and this tv looks as good as an oled (atleast in those YouTube's HDR demo videos). I just wanted a tv to watch 4k hdr/dolby vision movies and shows, and this tv is perfect for that. I dont play games so refresh rate doesn't matter, have mi tv box 4k so dont care about the glitchy vidaa os in this tv as mentioned by few fms. Also, have 5.1 channel onkyo home theatre, so dont care for the sound quality of the tv. So, people who are considering to buy it, have similar watching conditions as mentioned above, and simply want best picture quality without spending lakhs, should definitely go for it. At Rs 68900/- for 65 inch, this tv is complete vfm and one of the most satisfying purchases ever for me.
A off Topic question. RD has 55inch U7980 that can delivered to my friends place in Mumbai. How would I go about getting it delivered to my city Nagpur using a courier service and which should I use?
Like many cities, this tv was not available in my city state M.P. So had to buy it from reliance digital pune, got it delivered at cousin's home in Pune. Got it to my hometown in a train by booking it as parcel and carrying it in the brake van of the train. It was a risky affair though, but i supervised every movement of the tv, right from home to station, station to brake van of the train, and then from brake van to the parcel office of my city and finally to home from station. Had to sacrifice one night sleep in the journey as at every stop i went to the brake van from my coach (luckily it was only one coach away) and made sure the unloading/loading guys at different stations dont mishandle my tv box. Didn't go for any transportation or courier service provider as didnt have enough trust in them and moreover they themselves suggested me not to do so as if any damage happens they wouldn't be responsible (asked Dtdc, Professional courier and few others).

Thanks to all the FMs who suggested this tv. Now will be trying settings provided by @lightgamer and see how much more amazing this tv can look

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201228-170142__01.jpg
    Screenshot_20201228-170142__01.jpg
    193.6 KB · Views: 47
  • Screenshot_20201228-170148__01.jpg
    Screenshot_20201228-170148__01.jpg
    185.6 KB · Views: 44
Just got this TV installed and i am blown away with the picture quality. The blacks are inky black, brightness is too good and colors look so amazing in this tv. I remember seeing an oled in one of the showrooms, and this tv looks as good as an oled (atleast in those YouTube's HDR demo videos). I just wanted a tv to watch 4k hdr/dolby vision movies and shows, and this tv is perfect for that. I dont play games so refresh rate doesn't matter, have mi tv box 4k so dont care about the glitchy vidaa os in this tv as mentioned by few fms. Also, have 5.1 channel onkyo home theatre, so dont care for the sound quality of the tv. So, people who are considering to buy it, have similar watching conditions as mentioned above, and simply want best picture quality without spending lakhs, should definitely go for it. At Rs 68900/- for 65 inch, this tv is complete vfm and one of the most satisfying purchases ever for me.

Like many cities, this tv was not available in my city state M.P. So had to buy it from reliance digital pune, got it delivered at cousin's home in Pune. Got it to my hometown in a train by booking it as parcel and carrying it in the brake van of the train. It was a risky affair though, but i supervised every movement of the tv, right from home to station, station to brake van of the train, and then from brake van to the parcel office of my city and finally to home from station. Had to sacrifice one night sleep in the journey as at every stop i went to the brake van from my coach (luckily it was only one coach away) and made sure the unloading/loading guys at different stations dont mishandle my tv box. Didn't go for any transportation or courier service provider as didnt have enough trust in them and moreover they themselves suggested me not to do so as if any damage happens they wouldn't be responsible (asked Dtdc, Professional courier and few others).

Thanks to all the FMs who suggested this tv. Now will be trying settings provided by @lightgamer and see how much more amazing this tv can look
Enjoy and I hope you have a trouble free experience for years to come. You certainly went through trouble to get it home.

Congratulations, it's really a great TV considering the cost. Strange that your RD store couldn't get it for you. I live in Raipur,Chhattisgarh. They also didnot have the TV here, The RD employee here arranged for the TV after I requested them. They searched in thier inventory database and found Hyderabad had the stock so they got one from there and delivered it right at my doorstep .

I have an avr which supports DTS HD and True HD and i tried playing a DTS HD movie on my tv through plex for firestick, but the sound was underwhelming. does the firestick support DTS HD or True HD through Plex? if not how can i watch movies stored on my pc wirelessly without losing audio quality?
There is no way to do it wirelessly unless your TV has eARC. Fire 4K does not support DTS HD or TrueHD. You need to plugin your laptop directly to AVR and then it should work with VLC audio passthrough enabled.

Yesterday went to RD Chinchwad, Pune and brought the u79. As per sales guy the warranty is 3 years comprehensive and showed same in their system. Also, on the printed bill, its written "Get 2 years comrehensive warranty". Along with tv brought the 1 year extended warranty for 4.5k. They did not have any on going offers.

So TV already delivered and installation buy will be home by 6 pm. I have concealed wires so need to make the connections once for all.

Not sure to use HDMI ARC or optical for my Yahama Yht 299 home theatre. I have Nvidia Shield, Tata SKy, Xbox One X and Ps4 pro to connect to TV...
@lightgamer any suggestions?

So TV already delivered and installation buy will be home by 6 pm. I have concealed wires so need to make the connections once for all.

Not sure to use HDMI ARC or optical for my Yahama Yht 299 home theatre. I have Nvidia Shield, Tata SKy, Xbox One X and Ps4 pro to connect to TV...
Your HT seems to support DD+, so better to use ARC.

A better solution would be to connect the HT to shield itself since the shield will even do DTS HD and TRUE HD which are not possible over ARC, but then you'll need to connect the PS4 pro and one X to HT as well.

You'll have to mix and match and see what's preferable:

• Ideal solution: Connect all inputs to HT directly. So that's your Nvidia Shield, PS4 pro and Xbox one X. If there's a port left, connect with TV via ARC.
  • Simple solution: connect all inputs to TV and TV to HT via ARC. However, this way you won't be able to play DTS HD or TRUE HD. This won't matter as much as it's not a high end setup anyway.
  • Hybrid: Connect Shield to HT, consoles to TV and TV to ARC. This way most of your HT usage will be directly connected and consoles which don't use high res audio will use ARC.

Your HT seems to support DD+, so better to use ARC.

A better solution would be to connect the HT to shield itself since the shield will even do DTS HD and TRUE HD which are not possible over ARC, but then you'll need to connect the PS4 pro and one X to HT as well.

You'll have to mix and match and see what's preferable:

• Ideal solution: Connect all inputs to HT directly. So that's your Nvidia Shield, PS4 pro and Xbox one X. If there's a port left, connect with TV via ARC.
  • Simple solution: connect all inputs to TV and TV to HT via ARC. However, this way you won't be able to play DTS HD or TRUE HD. This won't matter as much as it's not a high end setup anyway.
  • Hybrid: Connect Shield to HT, consoles to TV and TV to ARC. This way most of your HT usage will be directly connected and consoles which don't use high res audio will use ARC.
My HT fails to passthrough 4k/HDR (tried with previous mi tv), so I have to connect Shield and Xbox One X directly as they are my main source of 4k (movies and games).

I had to use one tv port to Tata Sky as family don`t watch it with HT, they just need normal TV sound. So 4 ports on TV would be 1 HT (ARC) 2 Shield 3 Xbox and 4 Tata Sky.

To get DV via shield I should opt for port 2 or 4 right?

My HT fails to passthrough 4k/HDR (tried with previous mi tv), so I have to connect Shield and Xbox One X directly as they are my main source of 4k (movies and games).

I had to use one tv port to Tata Sky as family don`t watch it with HT, they just need normal TV sound. So 4 ports on TV would be 1 HT (ARC) 2 Shield 3 Xbox and 4 Tata Sky.

Damn, it says 4k passthru on the avr, even i have the same and was planning to buy this and hook my firestick4k to the avr. Suppose it shd be ok as anyways how will i get or use atmos and arc must send back dd+ which is fine

Can't the Shield do audio-only output to the HT and video to the TV. Nvidia's GPUs can do that on Windows.

And yes, for anyone also willing to get an HT soundbar, please make sure to get one with 4k HDR passthrough. Any HT which says 4k passthrough will only do 8-bit 4k and won't pass HDR metadata.

Port 2 will work fine if you want to get DV. Port 4 won't. Make sure to set the shield to match the content framerate. So when playing a 4k movie you should get 4k 24Hz signal to your TV. DV won't work for 4k 50/60Hz signal. It needs 4k 30 or below.

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back