Panasonic P42X20D/X10D Owners Thread (Settings, Problems, Impressions, Questions)

swivel is not related to the tv,it depends on the wall mount supplied,i think the x20 comes with a vertical swivel mount,i.e you can tilt it upwards and downwards but not left or right..
u can request the dealer to provide u with a swivel mount or even cantilever if you want but i guess it will be at an added cost..

arre bhaiiyya
Swivel..... jab when TV is put on stand on table-top, can it be rotated left and right????

Yes..it has a swivel angle of 15 degrees(if i remember correctly) left and right.Its good enough to use the side input/outputs but a little difficult to access back input/outputs.

in short, no x20 doesnt come with a swivel stand.

in long, swivel is property of pedestal stand or wall mount. the pedestal stand that comes with x20 doesnt has swivel at all and wall mount has only vertical swivel and not horizontol(left-right)

shredder, have you flown ur tv.

in short, no x20 doesnt come with a swivel stand.

in long, swivel is property of pedestal stand or wall mount. the pedestal stand that comes with x20 doesnt has swivel at all and wall mount has only vertical swivel and not horizontol(left-right)

shredder, have you flown ur tv.

Yes the swivel stand is one of the distinguishing features on 42A20 which i have.The X20 doesn't have this feature

Using a Panasonic Tau Remote with X20

I noticed today that almost all the keys on my 29" Panasonic Tau's remote control work with the X20. Bye to the foot long remote that came with X20! All the basic functions are there in the Tau's remote.

about these "break-in" images.... is it necessary to use them?
The manual says nothing about them. Can someone please tell me where to download them?
Thanks

PS: How do I activate the pixel shifter (or is it orbiter on X20D)?

Last edited:
hi guyz got the monster yeasterday and i was aptly installed withing 18 hrs as promised by the call center today
now will be posting reviews soon
my contrast levels ...
25 25 25 25

wify is doing all the watching me sloggin a 24hrs emergency dutay at the hospital
wll post more tomorrow
guys dd u post the extended warrenty mailer to panasonic

i have a small issue with my x20, if anyone can help. when using tata sky dth connected through composite cable on AV1, the contrast of tv automatically decreases after exactly 5 minutes if i dont press any button on tv remote in this time(like screensaver). on pressing any button on tv remote it reverts to normal. i have checked all settings but unable to find one.

the user manual says "contrast will automatically decrease after some time in some cases like if there is no signal".

Hey junkmail I'm getting this exact same issue on my X20. About an hour back the TV automatically went dim as if there weren't any signal. Pressing any button on the remote gets things back to normal but it keeps dimming every five minutes. Have you got your problem sorted out yet?

On my Pany, I am seeing the voice and video not in sync. I feel the voice is coming first and then there is lip movement seen on the screen. Any idea why is this ? I feel this is happening for all channels using my STB.
Is anyone else also seeing this?

Hi All....
I have read all the information provided here and going for an X20 or A20 this week. One thing i am not sure about till now is about the anti IR features in these models. Also, I couldn't find any user manual to check for the same.
So owners, please let me know if there is any pixel shifter/ orbiter/white wash feature available. Please post the user manual soft copy also... if possible.
And.. as I understand, the only differences between A20 and X20 are the Clear audio (does it make a difference?) and swivel stand. Am I correct?

I think the anti-IR feature like pixel orbiter or its equivalent is present in every plasma TV. However in the X20/A20(?) this feature seems to be permanently turned on i.e. the user cannot access this feature. (If anybody has accessed this particular feature then please post your experience here.) There is only the "side panel" option which is set to a default "high" value. The user manual says that it should be left "high" to prevent image-retention. So I'm wondering if this could be the pixel shifter feature.
The Clear Audio should not make too much of a difference. The fact is, if you want good sound you are going to have to connect it to an AVR or at least external 2.1 speakers. Does A20 have swivel stand? If it does then the swivel can be useful in some situations.

Thanks for the inputs.
I was wondering whether there is a chance of 2011 models of panny plasmas hitting the market within a month. If anyone know abt this, please share.

2011 models will not hit the market within a month. And you do realize that you will have to pay a premium on them?

I own an X20D now. Was delivered late night( 11:20 PM) yesterday. Waiting for the Panasonic guys to do the set up. So yet to open the box.

Is there a timeline for the setup?

I did not call them up since i am busy till evening with office work. Anyway will call them up in the after noon.

In any case I will do the setup in the evening (DIY :)) when I am back at home from office. My living room ambiance does not allow me to wall mount the unit. So just need to mount it on the stand.

Hoping to have an amazing x-mas week end in front of the TV.

2011 models will not hit the market within a month. And you do realize that you will have to pay a premium on them?

That might be true. Also, need to consider the fact that when X20 was released, the price was similar to x10, but they omitted the cool audio features which was there in X10 (but introduced a better panel). I am thinking about the panel. If they release a new panel (may be 14) with better features next month, that would be a better option right?
And anyone know about the best price in bangalore? In almost all the stores like reliance, girias, pai, e-zone, the price is 39900. Can I bargain for the price? If anyone is interested in group buy (Bangalore), please let me know. The best price I heard was 36k, but he is not providing finance option.

My X20 was set up yesterday.
Here is the photo.

Right now watching some SD content on d2h and playing some old dvds.

I don't have a blue ray player yet. Planning to buy an HDMI cable and connect my laptop to play some HD samples.

Edit: Adding the photo now. It failed earlier. I could not see the post since it needed moderator approval before turning up here.
p1060970.jpg

Last edited:
Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back