Toshiba U79 and U80 Owners Discussion And Review !!

This particular model(u7980) is hisense h8f/R8 with a change is OS.it's quite popular in the US and Canada.
Please check rtings review
Please don't just bash on a product that you don't know completely.
Ok my bad. I apologise. Pls move on. I went in vain searching for this TV from pillar to post just because it was hugely recommended here. But don't want to make excuses for my impulsive post here.

Ok my bad. I apologise. Pls move on. I went in vain searching for this TV from pillar to post just because it was hugely recommended here. But don't want to make excuses for my impulsive post here.
You don't have to apologize for your comments. Just following forum etiquette
I did mention several times on the forum that this TV is available at all Hyderabad pincodes and Telangana. So it's not that hard to get this in south India when stock was available

Does anyone know the status of the VIDAA 4 update?
I don't think the update or the U80 is coming anytime soon. Due to the global chip and PCB shortage and the trade war it seems Toshiba's supply chain seems to be completely done and I don't think they are going to put software updates on a dead TV.

If it comes, it will be after the TV is available online again in good supply, the U80 is announced and the general issues with electronics supply are sorted.

I just got an alert mail today from Amazon that 65" U7980 is available (coincidently I wrote a mail to Toshiba yesterday ). Saw it was only one in stock and sold by an average seller from Bangalore. I took a chance as its Amazon fulfilled. Comes with 1 year warranty and got 1 year additional from Acko ( There is no extended warranty form manufacturer). 65k price and 1.7k for additional warranty. Delivery is only by 24th Apr (fingers crossed)

New Update is live on FIRESTICK 4K
Version 6.2.8
UI is very responsive and snappy
Home screen is minimalistic
But still facing the same problem on the U79 (automatic resolution problem)

I just got an alert mail today from Amazon that 65" U7980 is available (coincidently I wrote a mail to Toshiba yesterday ). Saw it was only one in stock and sold by an average seller from Bangalore. I took a chance as its Amazon fulfilled. Comes with 1 year warranty and got 1 year additional from Acko ( There is no extended warranty form manufacturer). 65k price and 1.7k for additional warranty. Delivery is only by 24th Apr (fingers crossed)
These are great signs. Once the lockdown gets over I'll also be looking for one 55" OLED(personal room) and a cheaper 65" TV (living room). If the U79 is available then, I'll get another one as it's exceptional VFM for 65k.

Let us know when you receive it. Hopefully it's not a used one.

New Update is live on FIRESTICK 4K
Version 6.2.8
UI is very responsive and snappy
Home screen is minimalistic
But still facing the same problem on the U79 (automatic resolution problem)
Yes, got the update last week. Still facing the automatic resolution issue. The UI is significantly better though.

Yes, got the update last week. Still facing the automatic resolution issue. The UI is significantly better though.
Why does my firestick 4k not update i wonder? .. I reset it also last week, still keeps saying its up to date. Sometimes now, it gets stuck on checking for updates even.

Why does my firestick 4k not update i wonder? .. I reset it also last week, still keeps saying its up to date. Sometimes now, it gets stuck on checking for updates even.
Sorry to digress..

Attachments

• 20210408_192832.jpg
    20210408_192832.jpg
    363 KB · Views: 24
Have heard all Toshibas come with just 4 GB of internal memory and with just Prime and Netflix preinstalled. Is that not a problem? Would like to hear from owners here.

(Currently out of stock) despite never having come in stock itself...forget it as a mirage i'd say. It was at most a planted easter egg that no one will ever find but for these lone references. No body gets their hands on the H9G anymore :)

Disappointed that the OS is not updated to the one used in firetvstick 2020. Hence no support for Atmos for netflix I guess. I appears to be just a superficial UI update with no major changes in the underlying OS. VERY DISAPPOINTING

It's a standard IR remote, so you can easily find a replacement universal remote. My Xbox(inbuilt IR transmitter) is able to control all functions without any issues. It automatically detected the TV remote code.
My son put the TV remote in water. It is not working now. Can someone please suggest where I can get a replacement? I have never used a universal remote. Any suggestions?

My son put the TV remote in water. It is not working now. Can someone please suggest where I can get a replacement? I have never used a universal remote. Any suggestions?
Call the customer care and after sales and ask them for a paid replacement part. This will also let others know of the after sales support.
Not sure if you will get anything readily on amazon and also look in the for sale by owner thread here for universal remotes.

Take the remote to an electronics accessories Store where they would find you a Chinese equivalent or a universal remote.

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back